Baby Blue-Eyes Synchro

Bubbletrouble

Hey everyone, new member, but have been making cards with the cardmaker here for a while.

My first card posting here is a Blue-Eyes Baby Dragon

OLD:

6BsFPz6.jpg

OLD Lore:

1 Dragon Tuner + 1 or more dragon monsters.
During each of your stand-by phases while this monster is face-up on your side of the field it gains 1 level for each non-Tuner monster that was used to synchro summon it. This monster gains 400 ATK and DEF for each level it gains through its effect. If this card is level 8, you can tribute this face-up card to special summon one "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, deck or graveyard.

Image is from Raphtil over at deviantart (http://raphtil.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon-208239835). Wish I could draw half this good.

(edit: (sorry forgot) I have asked for permission to use this image and am waiting on a reply, not stated that this was a commissioned image that I could find. Will happily change or remove it according to the artists wishes)

Anyway all constructive feedback is welcome, let me know where I can improve this card or if it needs to be nerfed.

------------------------------

Edit: a link to my other card that I'm hoping will solve this card's (and low level synchro monster in general) summoning issues. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341853-wyrmsite/

------------------------------

I have done a (hopefully final) edit to this card, couldn't do too much about the summoning of this, so will be making some useful low level monsters that will make it easier to synchro summon this card.

NEW:

Awvho3P.jpg

NEW Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.
During each players stand-by phase while this monster is face-up on your side of the field it gains 2 levels for each non-Tuner monster that was used to Synchro summon it. This monster gains 400 ATK and DEF for each level it gains through this effect. If this card is level 8 or higher, you can reset this card's: level, ATK and DEF to their original values to special summon one "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand or deck. If this card is level 5 or below, it cannot be destroyed by battle. If there is a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" face-up on your side of the field this card cannot be targeted by your opponents spell cards or monster effects.

Let me know what you guys think, I've tried to make it a bit more useful, by making it able to survive longer while its low level and weak and therefore hopefully get more out of it's effect.

Given the current playstyle of Dragons, I don't really see this being used too much.

It IS possible to make this in a pure Dragon deck, but they have other things they'd rather be making.

(You'd have to run cards that aren't necessarily great)

The level boost is nice though, and it sets up for a BEWD, but yeah, the initial summon is something that isn't really feasible right now.

I am 2-3 card series (at least) behind the latest, so don't really know too much about the current meta. Trying to keep things as balanced as possible though.

Hmm, any suggestions to change the summoning to make it more useful?

Yep, this card was intended to be part of a pure dragon deck that I have been working on.

I am aiming to make a combined red and blue eyes dragon deck with a boss monster combination of those 2.

Atleast make it generic, too hard to run as is

Does that mean change it to 2 or more non tuner dragon type monsters? (sorry not entirely up to scratch on some terms/lingo here)

The problem is the level is so low, you can't really get much utility out of it's effect. Make it a higher level IMO

like look at Baxia, that card rewards you for using multiple non tuners, see how strong it's effect is to compensate? 

I was hoping to keep it at the lower level due to it being a baby blue eyes, with its effect to grow it into an adult blue eyes over time. I was also hoping to bring in a lower level synchro, I mainly see very high levels everywhere (7+)

Re-read the conditions for synchro summoning and I understand now what you're saying...

Hmm kind of at an impass though as I dont want the level too high because that won't go well with the idea behind the card itself. I also wanted something different to just having another effect monster.

Any suggestions? Can't think of much at the moment myself unless I make some level 1 and or 2 cards to go with this one.

I was hoping to keep it at the lower level due to it being a baby blue eyes, with its effect to grow it into an adult blue eyes over time. I was also hoping to bring in a lower level synchro, I mainly see very high levels everywhere (7+)

Re-read the conditions for synchro summoning and I understand now what you're saying...

Hmm kind of at an impass though as I dont want the level too high because that won't go well with the idea behind the card itself. I also wanted something different to just having another effect monster.

Any suggestions? Can't think of much at the moment myself unless I make some level 1 and or 2 cards to go with this one.

It's outclassed by maiden sadly

Changed its effect around, it now can only summon from the hand or deck, not the graveyard and instead of tributing itself it resets its level, ATK and DEF back to original levels to summon the BEWD (the idea being it grows up and has a baby of its own which continues on etc).

I have improved its survivability while it is at low levels in that it cannot be destroyed by battle while level 5 and below, and it can no longer be targeted by spell and monster effects while a BEWD is face up on the field (idea being the protective parent shields the baby). Hopefully these changes will allow its effect to get more use.

It should still be affected by field nuke effects from those cards i.e Raigeki, Dark Hole etc. as they do not target it specifically and traps will still affect it. Let me know if I need to change anything on the OCG to make this more clear or not, and again all constructive feedback is welcome.

This card is just wayy too slow. Blue-Eyes decks can bring out their dragon in the first turn at this point. They've got Maiden, Silver's Cry, Melody, Keeper of the Shrine, Hieratic Dragon of Nuit, etc.

Just to summon one Blue-Eyes with this card, you'd have to wait 5 turns (5 of your turns, so 10 in total) if you used 2 materials. I could get out Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth in that time. If you use 3 materials, which is only feasible in some kinda Mystic Piper build, Blue-Eyes would be out in 6 total turns. Some decks nowadays can end the game in that much time. And the deck finds it really awkward to summon this too, since they don't use low level monsters and all the level 1s are tuners.

Personally I'd change this to 'tribute and summon Blue-Eyes', but if that deviates too far from your original concept, you could make it both player's standby phases, or level 4, or both. Blue-Eyes could get out a level 4 if they ran Delta Flyer.

Combining Red and Blue-Eyes? Those two decks barely work together, so good luck with that.

This card is just wayy too slow. Blue-Eyes decks can bring out their dragon in the first turn at this point. They've got Maiden, Silver's Cry, Melody, Keeper of the Shrine, Hieratic Dragon of Nuit, etc.

Just to summon one Blue-Eyes with this card, you'd have to wait 5 turns (5 of your turns, so 10 in total) if you used 2 materials. I could get out Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth in that time. If you use 3 materials, which is only feasible in some kinda Mystic Piper build, Blue-Eyes would be out in 6 total turns. Some decks nowadays can end the game in that much time. And the deck finds it really awkward to summon this too, since they don't use low level monsters and all the level 1s are tuners.

Personally I'd change this to 'tribute and summon Blue-Eyes', but if that deviates too far from your original concept, you could make it both player's standby phases, or level 4, or both. Blue-Eyes could get out a level 4 if they ran Delta Flyer.

Combining Red and Blue-Eyes? Those two decks barely work together, so good luck with that.

ahhh ok, I was wondering why people were saying it's too slow to set up, etc. Thanks for clearing it up, I didn't know the meta had become that fast (O.O).

I have been working on another card that will help to increase the ease of summoning this one, (it equips to and reduces another monsters level, and it's a lvl 1 tuner too). I also saw another member post a card on here recently that would be helpful in summoning this monster too (wish i had thought of it, it was a brilliant card). I was actually wondering if it would be more usable if i made it 2 levels gained per material instead of just 1, or as you suggested have it work in both players standby phases or both of these.

Yeah I know they barely do, I am hoping to create some more support to help with this as I have gotten my main boss monster just about complete. I'll most likely add this card to a topic I make in the multi section, once I have alot more done.

Archived