Striker vs Fusion X. Denver

Deustodo

This 1 on 1 is part of the Machine Contest V

The task was to create a monster whose effect involve face-down monsters.

[spoiler=Striker's card]

128884k.jpg

1 "Cyborg" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon and its own effect. When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can select 1 face-down monster. That monster cannot flip face-up as long as it is on the field. When this card destroys a face-down Defense Position monster, remove it from play instead. When this card attacks a face-down Attack Position monster, destroy it without flipping it face-up and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the face-down monster's ATK. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can Tribute 1 face-down monster to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position.

[spoiler=Fusion X. Denver Card]

130483m.jpg

When this card is Summoned, all Set cards on the field are flipped face-up until the End Phase (effects not activated). This card gains 400 ATK for each Set monster you control. When this card destroys a Set monster by battle, your opponent must reveal his/her hand to you. Each time this effect is used, place 1 Depth Counter on this card. You can remove 2 Depth Counters from this card to destroy 1 Set card on the field.

One big flaw in Striker's card: you can only set a monster in face-down defense mode. No such thing as a face-down attack mode monster. So Striker's card only has 2 real effects.

Based on that, I think that Fusion's card is better. If Striker's effect was tweaked a bit so that it was valid, then I would vote for that. However, it isn't, so I vote for Fusion's card.

Guest Striker

Striker that card is fuckin old!!!!

It says Magic Card... nor Spell

FYI face-down Defense Position = Set

I vote for Fusion for Striker's IQ

Insult = Vote not counted.

Guest Fusion X. Denver

I looked up the matter on Wikia and it said this.

"Monsters may only be in face-down attack position by the effect of a card such as Darkness Approaches. That monster card is face-down and is placed vertically."

So it is possible, but finding Set Attack Mode monsters would be hard to find is all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fusion X. Denver

Either that, or I win.

Striker hasn't been on, but Cortez's vote should be counted as his reasoning is still the same despite that monsters CAN be set in Attack mode, but attack mode monsters can only be set face down by card effects.

So Deus, you can lock this, thanks Shadow.

I don't care if I'm awarded or not, but I'm counting this as a win on my 1 on 1 record.

Guest Fusion X. Denver

Uh, I think this is over >.>

Because Striker never bothered to reply and his reasoning behind nullifying one of the votes was somewhat unfounded.

Deus, you can lock this.

Archived