1 Bottomless Trap Hole

1 Dimensional Prison

2 Dust Tornado

2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror

2 Pulling the Rug

1 Nobleman of Crossout

3 Dimensional Fissure

3 Royal Oppression

can someone please explain to me the use of gadgets?

i understand that they search each other, so theyre all +0's in terms of handcount, and thats good, but it isnt really super terrific imo, given how weak they are.

also, chevs, if i may, of all the decks ive seen of yours, i notice one thing really prevails quite a bit:

you always seem to have a large overabundance of staples. /always/. and while thats not bad, its my opinion that staples, while good, shouldnt take deck space away from necessary elements. theyre suggestions, not a frame for a deck. i cant think of an example in this instance, as i dont follow gadgets too well, but in previous decks ive noticed cards missing from an otherwise good build, and staples in their places. reborn is all well and good, but fissure, hammer, /and/ smashing? really? thats just silly.

well

my point was that ime, the thing you most want to use a spell to kill, usually has the highest attack on the field.

so running fissure isnt terrific.

i was suggesting a swap, not an addition.

god save you if your opponent has thought ruler and red dragon, and you draw fissure instead of hammer shot.

really? fissure doesnt target? god damn this is a stupid game.

ugh

fine' date=' you know what:

your opponent has red dragon and f***ing sonic duck on the field, and you topdeck fissure.

>.>

my point is still valid.

i dont like the number of semi-staples in here.

[/quote']

Lol, you don't understand the concept of Gadgets.

In Gadgets, you keep a constant flow of weak monsters coming, and use removal to destroy your opponent's field every single turn.

Since you don't run out of monster to attack with (because of the Gadgets) even if your opponent is disposing of them as quickly as you're summoning them, you'll eventually win.

darkie troll, read the whole topic please.

i said at the beginning i didnt get the concept.

even now i think its a bit... full-of-it

in theory, oh joy, it makes sense, but it seems as though that wouldnt necessarily hold up too well in practice.

granted its a popular build, so evidently it has some merit, but im not seeing it as ever rivaling some of the upper deck builds, simply for lack of support and power.

in theory' date=' oh joy, it makes sense, but it seems as though that wouldnt necessarily hold up too well in practice.

but im not seeing it as ever rivaling some of the upper deck builds, simply for lack of support and power.

[/quote']

You obviously were sleeping when Gadgets were top tier. You, also, obviously never played against or ran a Gadget Deck. Gadgets are going to be great this format and I look forward to it.

darkie troll' date=' read the whole topic please.

i said at the beginning i didnt get the concept.

in theory, oh joy, it makes sense, but it seems as though that wouldnt necessarily hold up too well in practice.

granted its a popular build, so evidently it has some merit, but im not seeing it as ever rivaling some of the upper deck builds, simply for lack of support and power.

[/quote']

Lol, I read the topic.

I just assumed that you were intelligent enough to be able to put 2 and 2 together and reailze what was happening here. It's not exactly difficult to understand. I realize you didn't have experience with them, and thus wouldn't know all the math to the deck, but you have displayed no understanding of even the most basic concept of Gadget play.

And if you don't get it at all, then why the hell were you offering advice?

I guess I overestimated YCM yet again. I apologize.

@ chevs, i was asleep. i took a break from this game from about the time gravity bind came out to the last september banlist. also, i played against a /bad/ gadget deck. lost, but i was experimenting with a new build myself. oppression doesnt fight oppression too well. my normal deck probably would have done better. does that count?

@ the stuck up troll:

the only thing valid you asked was why i was offering advice, to which i will respond fairly: clearly he wanted help or he wouldnt have posted here. this place is incredibly bad for advice as of late, or as of ever, so i thought i would help as best i could, even without full comprehension of the play style.

i get the one for one removal, and i never offered anything that /wasnt/ one for one removal.

i suppose i would still have to see an effective gadget deck to fully appreciate it. i was simply suggesting that larger threats are often larger in attack strength, and fissure hits lowest. meanwhile, the maximum attack of this deck is 24, and the more common attack range is less than 20. thats weak enough to survive usage of hammershot.

also, get off your high horse, troll. why are you even here? i dont see /you/ offering advice. do you come here simply to start fights? are you really so petty? is this how you get your 'kicks'?

Archived