The Official YCM Songcontest 2009 - FINISHED

CinnamonStar

[align=center]~*~This contest is only a warm-up. Creative stuff like lyrics competitions will follow later.~*~

Hey guys, the staff is currently full on teamwork-contests so we from the Music section can as well hop on the bandwaggon.^^ I’ve had some ideas in my mind for a while now to make the Music forum better and this looks like the right time.

This competition is not about cardmaking or graphics skills, but jut a fun something to see what YCM listens to and of course enforce the lately lost community spirit. The idea is based on a show I watched a few weeks ago which is again based on another, more famous show.

[spoiler=Infos on the original show but that's kind of archival at that point]

Read this for the details: http://www.bundesvision.tv/.

tl;dr version

Bundesvision is the German format of the Eurovision Songcontest show which will be broadcasted in May, I think.

All the “Bundesländer” of Germany (originally certain countries from Europe) participate by sending a singer or band from their nation. While the European thing is focussed on folklore/traditional music and influenced A LOT by political and geogrophical matters, almost every type is featured in the German show and quite frankly, the bands coming out from there are much better.

Examples of winners:

Subway to Sally – Auf Kiel (skip the intro)

Oomph! feat. Marta Jandova – Träumst du?

Other bands featured there were Down Below, Rage, Northern Lite and many others so pretty good stuff.^^

People from all the participating countries can vote for anything except for themselves. The winner gets... well the “honour” and possibility to bring the show to their country. (Mind the political motives, of course.)

~*~*~

The YCM version is similar to the show, except epic pwnage =].

-Following the original format, participants will enter in a team of 3 people. Just post the usual "entry reserved" thing if you want to enter and I will pair you up with someone. Of course, if you already have a group, feel free to enter as such. As a team you can join with your friends, organizations on YCM or whatever. That being done, make sure your team has a name. This can be anything from a real country, a fantasy Avantasia-style thing to something like “The Graphics Guild of YCM” or “Hai Guyz!”. Just try to be creative.^^ Each team can have its own flag/weapon/symbol which will be used on the winner trophy; if not, you will get one on your prize, but you might not necessarily like it so you should better choose yourself.

-The 3 members of a team must then choose an already existing song they would like to enter. There are no restrictions or preferences here, just make sure the whole team agrees on the choice. EDIT: Oh and keep up with the general site rules, no adult content, racism and that stuff please.^^

-Now comes the voting part. It starts when I say so.=D

The votings are open for everyone, participants and non-participants alike. We’re going to use the original system so please use this form:

1 point:

2 points:

3 points:

4 points:

5 points:

6 points:

8 points:

10 points:

12 points:

(depending on the number of teams we might have to start at 6 or something though)

Attention: Participants cannot vote for their own team, of course.

Keep moreover in mind that you’re voting for the best song, not the group with your favourite people.

The group with the highest number of points wins, simple as.

-What can you win? Well you get “teh honour” and your song will be YCM's Music section anthem. Also, this might increase your chances for a new category which will be added in the monthly awards.;)

EDIT: Short version for those who don't understand: You gather in a team of 3 people, then choose a song on Youtube or somewhere and people can start voting for the best song. The team with the highest number of points wins a trophy. I told you, it's not about your skills in anything, just something fun to try out once.^^

Important: By choosing a song, I meant an existing song, but of course AMV's and the likes are allowed too. They might possibly even increase your chances.^^

If this picks up, I might as well turn it into an entire (live) show. Emphasis on might.

Until then, have fun!^^

Reserved entries

-KaiserAxle

-HarbingerEvil

-Swann

-~JG~

-sharneeda

-Willieh

-*Rushing Diamond*

-Avanz

-Rinne

-Dream2Defy

--Blaze-

-.:Midnight Thief:.

-Hidden™

-Bloodrun

-Kylarnatia's Soul

-Granty Boy

Teams

Team Swann-Axle-Harbinger

-Kaiser Axle

-HarbingerEvil

-Swann

{Metal}.Team~Hate.{Metal}

-~TwIsTeD~

-sharneeda

-Willieh

Song: Dirtfedd - Trained to Kill

Team Ambience

-Avanz

-.:Midnight Thief:.

-Kylarnatia's Soul

Song:

Team Radio Tower Brigade

-Rinne

-~JG~

-Granty Boy

Song: The Killers - When You Were Young

Team Diamonds in the Rough

-*Rushing Diamond*

-Dream2Defy

--Blaze-

Song: Let it Rock

One-Man-Team °Rebounce°

-Hidden™

Song: Eminem ft. 2pac - Toysoldier

One-Man-Team Cascading Severance

-Bloodrun

Song: The 69 Eyes - Shadow of Love

Team Vivid Firestorm

-Destro

-Lazer Yoshi

-Kadashi

Song: Sonata Arctica - The Cage

Winner

Team Vivid Firestorm[/align]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will change mine' date=' idk what it's called and who are my team, just get me in there.

[/quote']

Well you can look for 2 people yourself or I will put you into a team.

Yes you 3 are the same team. Are you sure you want to call it the USA though?=/

idk...we'll talk it over and get back to you.

Alright.;) Just remember that any name is fine.

Sure you can do that too.

Most people are probably going to submit an already exisiting song' date=' but of course anything made by yourself is accepted too. Possibly even better.;)

[/quote']

Heads up;

If I put up something of my own it will be in very rude quality. And will probably be missing the drum track seeing as my friend evan is being a sheet head. :/

Wow I'm surprised that people are actually joining this.

This small "contest" is just a warm-up though to see how this picks up here, but the next one is going to be about writing your own lyrics.:)

You have all been added to the list. I was in Heidelberg today and will hardly be online tomorrow so don't party too hard without me.;)

Archived