My first attempt at a Yubel Deck. Go ahead and swarm to me, you hyenas!

Aximil

Okay. So, I wanted to try a Yubel deck after seeing it come in 2nd at my lolocals. Anyways, tell me what you think.

Monsters - 22

1x Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

2x Yubel - Terror Incarnate

3x Yubel

2x Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys

2x Doom Shaman

2x Dark Grepher

2x Dark Valkyria

2x Abyssal Kingshark

2x Mystic Tomato

2x Hand of Nephthys

1x Treeborn Frog

Spells - 10

1x Brain Control

2x Fiend's Sanctuary

2x Foolish Burial

2x Dark World Dealings

1x Monster Reborn

2x Swing of Memories

Traps - 8

1x Interdimensional Matter Transporter

1x Damage Condenser

2x Limit Reverse

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Staunch Defender

2x Battle Mania

Okay heres my kick at it:

Monster adds and minus:

-2 Kingsharks

-2 Dark Valk

+1 Tomato

+1 Hand

+1 Doom Shaman

+1 Psy Comander

SNYCROS

1 Black Rose Dragon

1 Stardust

Spells:

-2 Swings

-2 Feind

-2 Dark World

+1 Double Summons (I dont get why people using super double summon over this!)

+1 Hand Destruction

+1 Creature Swap

+1 Scapegoat

+1 Heavy Storm

+1 MST

Traps:

-1 Matter Trans

-2 Battle Manias

-1 Staunch

+2 Final Attack Orders

+2 Mausoleum of the Emperor

Okay. So' date=' I wanted to try a Yubel deck after seeing it come in 2nd at my lolocals. Anyways, tell me what you think.

Monsters - 22

1x Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

2x Yubel - Terror Incarnate

3x Yubel

2x Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys

2x Doom Shaman

2x Dark Grepher

2x Dark Valkyria

2x Abyssal Kingshark

2x Mystic Tomato

2x Hand of Nephthys

1x Treeborn Frog

Spells - 10

1x Brain Control

2x Fiend's Sanctuary

2x Foolish Burial

2x Dark World Dealings

1x Monster Reborn

2x Swing of Memories

Traps - 8

1x Interdimensional Matter Transporter

1x Damage Condenser

2x Limit Reverse

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Staunch Defender

2x Battle Mania

[/quote']

i'm making 1 to

this is wat i got

Monsters -20

1x Ultimate Nightmare

2x Terror Incarnate

2x Yubel

1x Sacred Phoenix

2x Doom Shaman

3x Dark Crusader

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Mystic Tomato

1x Sangan

2x Hand of Nephthys

Spells -13

1x Card Destruction

1x Monster Reborn

1x Heavy Story

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Reinforcements of the Army

3x Fires of Doomsday

2x Foolish Burial

2x Swing of Memories

Traps -7

1x Torrential Tribute

3x Dark Illusion

2x Staunch Defender

2x Limit Reverse

u guys can fix this one to if needed

DONT RUN 3 CRUSADERS! They are terrible common "dark" """SUPPORT"""" for people with common dark decks, in phantom darkness most dark counterparts arnt common.

Why use stauch defender when theres final attack orders.

:l

a yubel with only 2 yubels. HJHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

He got the sangan right, but you dont really want yubel to hand you want it in the grave or deck for special summon rights.

Where is Arkel when you need him/her?

Haha, I'm right here. And for the record, I'm a guy.

On-Topic: Here's my decklist.

Monsters (20)

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Dark Grepher

2x Mystic Tomato

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

2x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

Spells (13)

3x Allure of Darkness

3x Wave-Motion Cannon

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Monster Reborn

1x Giant Trunade

1x Heavy Storm

Traps (7)

3x Limit Reverse

3x Solemn Judgment

1x Torrential Tribute

Total Cards: 40

There's still a few kinks I'm working out, but other than that this is the best Yubel build you're gonna find.

Where is Arkel when you need him/her?

Haha' date=' I'm right here. And for the record, I'm a guy.

On-Topic: Here's my decklist.

Monsters (20)

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Dark Grepher

2x Mystic Tomato

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

2x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

Spells (13)

3x Allure of Darkness

3x Wave-Motion Cannon

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Monster Reborn

1x Giant Trunade

1x Heavy Storm

Traps (7)

3x Limit Reverse

3x Solemn Judgment

1x Torrential Tribute

Total Cards: 40

There's still a few kinks I'm working out, but other than that this is the best Yubel build you're gonna find.

[/quote']

Allure is bein Semi-ed in less than 2 weeks...

But yea go with that build. If you can get a crush throw that in over the 3rd allure

Allure is bein Semi-ed in less than 2 weeks...

But yea go with that build. If you can get a crush throw that in over the 3rd allure

Well, for the next 2 weeks we can use 3 Allures. After Allure is semi-ed, I would use Dark World Dealings. There's a lot of destruction in this deck, so I'm not sure how much crush would be needed.

I tried my current build and I got out Yubel - Terror Incarnate on the first turn and Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys on the next turn. My opponent could keep any cards on the field whiel my monsters kept coming back. Anyways, I'll try getting another Crush Card Virus. I already have 3 others and they're all in use in other decks.

I've never seen a Sacred Phoenix Yubel deck that worked before, including this one. You're focusing way too much on Phoenix/Shark control that over 50% of the time you'll have your nice lil beatsticks out there but you'll have no Terror control. Trust me - when I first started using Yubel I had a deck like yours, then took it apart after a week. Maybe later I'll make a new Yubel build to suit the Phoenix/Shark theme, but seriously, a build like mine is much more consistent and better.

DONT RUN 3 CRUSADERS! They are terrible common "dark" """SUPPORT"""" for people with common dark decks' date=' in phantom darkness most dark counterparts arnt common.

He got the sangan right, but you dont really want yubel to hand you want it in the grave or deck for special summon rights.

[/quote']

i choose Staunch defender over final attact because i plan on using the terror/phoenix combo...so trap cards that stay on the field are kind of pointless imo, and 3 yubels seem kinda like over kill to me. i won't be using sangan to seach out yubel, he's for my other low attack monsters..i know crusader sucks just using him till i get my grephers

DONT RUN 3 CRUSADERS! They are terrible common "dark" """SUPPORT"""" for people with common dark decks' date=' in phantom darkness most dark counterparts arnt common.

[/quote']

i choose Staunch defender over final attact because i plan on using the terror/phoenix combo...so trap cards that stay on the field are kind of pointless imo, and 3 yubels seem kinda like over kill to me. i won't be using sangan to seach out yubel, he's for my other low attack monsters..i know crusader sucks just using him till i get my grephers

If you want advice on your deck, post it in your OWN topic

OT: @Arkel, Why wouldnt Sacred Phoenix Work? Too Slow?

[/quote']

If you want advice on your deck, post it in your OWN topic

OT: @Arkel, Why wouldnt Sacred Phoenix Work? Too Slow?

why bother when there is already a yubel topic? i showed him/her my deck and gave my view on certain cards. kill two birds with 1 stone, but hey thats jus wat i think..

OT: @Arkel' date=' Why wouldnt Sacred Phoenix Work? Too Slow?

[/quote']

That's one of the reasons. When I first started playing Yubel I included the Phoenix, only to discover it made my deck inconsistent as hell. A lot of times I would find I'd have the Phoenix out w/ out Terror Incarnate, because the Phoenix took too much focus away from cards needed to summon Yubel. If I really thought about it, I'm sure I could make it work; I just simply don't like the idea.

[/quote']

That's one of the reasons. When I first started playing Yubel I included the Phoenix, only to discover it made my deck inconsistent as hell. A lot of times I would find I'd have the Phoenix out w/ out Terror Incarnate, because the Phoenix took too much focus away from cards needed to summon Yubel. If I really thought about it, I'm sure I could make it work; I just simply don't like the idea.

i get it to work about 60-70% of the time. i usually summon terror first and set fires of doomsday and activate it at the end of my opp's turn then summon hand and use it effect with a token to get phoenix on my turn.

[/quote']

i get it to work about 60-70% of the time. i usually summon terror first and set fires of doomsday and activate it at the end of my opp's turn then summon hand and use it effect with a token to get phoenix on my turn.

It's much smarter to have Yubel support than Phoenix support.

[/quote']

true, i used a build like your yesterday and i jus raped my opp. but its more fun gettin the terror/phoenix combo to work lol

[/quote']

true, i used a build like your yesterday and i jus raped my opp. but its more fun gettin the terror/phoenix combo to work lol

If you were in a duel worth 10,000 dollars would you rather use a deck thats works or something that is fun and only works properly about 50% or less of the time?

true' date=' i used a build like your yesterday and i jus raped my opp.[/quote']

That's expected. I would be disappointed in my deck if it couldn't do that. I've dedicated the majority of my studies to Yubel ever since she was released in the OCG, and if I haven't come up with a stellar strategy by now, it'd be just sad. Five cards are the only things stopping Yubel from being top tier: Royal Oppression, Skill Drain, Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror.

true' date=' i used a build like your yesterday and i jus raped my opp.[/quote']

That's expected. I would be disappointed in my deck if it couldn't do that. I've dedicated the majority of my studies to Yubel ever since she was released in the OCG, and if I haven't come up with a stellar strategy by now, it'd be just sad. Five cards are the only things stopping Yubel from being top tier: Royal Oppression, Skill Drain, Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror.

yeah, i usually lose if the remove my yubel from play, but i'll try to find a way get the terror/pheonix combo to work faster and at least 80% of the time, i'll post if i come up with anything worthy of postin

Those didn't stop DAD.

Those didn't stop DAD.

That's because DAD has numerous win conditions. They can summon DAD (obviously), synchro like crazy, devastate the field with monster, spell, and trap destruction, and/or a combination of the three. In a Yubel deck, if you lose Yubel, you lose.

I don't see how my deck is as incosistent as you say it is. I ALWAYS get Terror or at least Yubel out on the very first turn and then only a turn or two later and I'm able to get out Phoenix. It's a very consistent deck that has only lost once out of 22 match duels. And several of those were Tele-DAD and LS. I lost to a regular remove from play deck. T_T

If anything, I need to focus MORE on getting out the Phoenix.

Archived