Kaiji is about betting Star Chips on card games.

CrabHelmet

You win, Crab. Why? Because Kaiji is so obscure in terms of popularity that I'm about ready to fall in love with you for referencing it.

But then there's the whole personality thing, which sadly makes me rethink my affections.

However, you still win for referencing Kaiji. You may pat yourself on the back, if you like.

And of course it isn't a coincidence. Everything, everywhere is plagiarized from something else.

I'm on Episode 8 right now. My biggest complaint is that the narrator doesn't know when to shut up. I want to see Xanatos Gambits, not images of a guy with a big nose leaping off cliffs or something.

Also, how do you get to Duelist Kingdom? By cruise ship. And the Espoir black suits look just like Pegasus's guards. And...the main character has spiky hair.

YOU SEE ITS ALL THE SAME THING

Nothing gets past your sharp eye. xD

Seriously though, there are some rather significant similarities. -_- And you're right, the Narrator really DOESN'T shut up.

Well, I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did. And keep pointing out any and all DK references, since it's been a while since I've seen it and may not remember them all. xD

Oh yes, and for idle prattle: If you met someone is real life whose chin was as sharp as Kaiji's, or whose nose was as big, how exactly do you think you would react?

Everything' date=' everywhere is plagiarized from something else.

[/quote']

Sonic, Which was out for YEARS, Pulls off a GOLDEN SPIKY HAIR 'Super Sonic'

A few years later, DBZ.

Guess what we get? The same golden spiky hair, and its even Super

I don't remember the dates of release, but I thought I heard that Super Sonic was an homage to Dragon Ball.

I don't think that Rock/Paper/Scissors is the same as Yugioh xD

They joined the cruise ship due to massive debt, not because their grandpa's soul thing got kidnapped. (Sorry if it's a bit wrong, I haven't watched the sub of DK in forever) That's a pretty big difference.

Also Kaiji > Yugioh DK.

Just becayse Kaiji is better than Dk doesn't mean there aren't similarities, Marly. Hush now. *kaslap*

I heard that, too (about the Sonic thing), but I've never actually looked it up to see if it was true. I should probably do that. But, even if it was an homage, it doesn't change the fact that it was still more or less copied. =p Originality is such a hard thing to find.

Everything' date=' everywhere is plagiarized from something else.

[/quote']

Sonic, Which was out for YEARS, Pulls off a GOLDEN SPIKY HAIR 'Super Sonic'

A few years later, DBZ.

Guess what we get? The same golden spiky hair, and its even Super

I don't remember the dates of release, but I thought I heard that Super Sonic was an homage to Dragon Ball.

Hes pulled Super Sonic, like what? Since the verry beginning?

Archived