Yugioh! Duel Monsters versus Yugioh! 5ds

cardlord

Vere' date=' they always make it seem that way, namely with JACK from 5Ds atm (Although he comes back and then beats the guy up, or in the case of his last duel MELTS them). Judai gave up something in his quest and Yugi helped him get it back.

With 5Ds its not all D-Wheeling, infact current duel is a Ground Duel, with Gun Duel (Wild West =D) Discs, the cardless combo, and Yusei doing what Yusei does best. With the Tournament coming up though it will head D-Wheel bound since that's the premises for it, and the whole reason Aki went to get her license.

[/quote']

I know there are "usual" Duels in 5Ds too, but since I can't stand the turbo duel idea, I can't watch the episodes including one -and without knowing what happened during those episodes I wouldn't understand the others.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vere' date=' they always make it seem that way, namely with JACK from 5Ds atm (Although he comes back and then beats the guy up, or in the case of his last duel MELTS them). Judai gave up something in his quest and Yugi helped him get it back.

With 5Ds its not all D-Wheeling, infact current duel is a Ground Duel, with Gun Duel (Wild West =D) Discs, the cardless combo, and Yusei doing what Yusei does best. With the Tournament coming up though it will head D-Wheel bound since that's the premises for it, and the whole reason Aki went to get her license.

[/quote']

I know there are "usual" Duels in 5Ds too, but since I can't stand the turbo duel idea, I can't watch the episodes including one -and without knowing what happened during those episodes I wouldn't understand the others.

I at first didn't like the idea until I actually saw it.

Honestly, force yourself at max powa to watch it.

What is so wrong with the turbo duels? (Ew used a dub term), I spent the first so many episodes barely understanding the rules, then I check my fav site and understood them. Some of the later duels add alot of entertainment when the characters ditch the Auto Pilot, and try to kill each other.

Okay I'm watching 5Ds. I'm on episode 38. Its had some brief moments of awesome, but for the most part its been okay or kinda cool but meh, thinking GX has been better...(except for the fact they develop all the characters better with how they introduce them..well except for Crow. He's cool and all but he kinda just..appears and everyone automatically knows him, while I'm goin 'who the eff are you?') but episode 38 looks pretty awesome so far..I'm just like O_O

Who knew Carly of all people would be a Dark Signer? (She always was attractive..seemed they kept showing her eyes under those lame glasses to make sure no one forgot it XD)

i cant choose between 5ds and dm...i grew up with the dms dub and loved it...but the 5ds sub got me hooked and made me ditch the shame i felt for watching a supposed "childrens anime"...i love the card game the orignial DM GX &5DS...im just gonna have to put it that O_O as for what the current discussion is...i cant remember where in 5ds episode 38 is but i no its around episode 45 to 50 it reallys gets interesting...

Here's a question: Ever notice how the cards change themselves from show to show, and how it reflects in the real life card game?

Like notice in old Yugioh, alot of the 'extra' cards that weren't used by the main characters..really really sucked. The art style on them all was very dark and classic kinda magic the gathering if it were japanese and a bit more simple feel to them.

Then in GX it was like they improved apon the way the old cards worked in their new cards in every possible way they could, basically cards made to improve apon the basics in every way, but at the same time put a greater emphasis on Fusion cards and more or less made it to where decks were sometimes even based on fusion. Even invented Contact-Fusion, showing signs of the things to come. The art style seemed to change this time around, a bit more of an anime feel to them in the art style really.

In 5D's they introduced Synchros and Tuners, which lead to decks with lower star levels beginning to play a much bigger role than before and new cards to work well with Tuners and Syncrhos being made.. but in addition the art style of the cards changed, into a style reflecting the places they were from: either the future or reflecting a new style to old ideas, or going the other direction and basing them on junk, (In the case of Yusei), or the Police (Ushio). Its like the decks were made to fit the people within the story more than ever before, instead of like before where the people would be made to reflect the decks. (So in other words, it used to be the other way around)

At least this has all been my observation..feel free to add your 2 cents to this, because I'd like to hear what others have observed, etc.

EDIT: Also on another topic: the Yugioh 5DS anime had its admittedly awesome moments, and I thought it showed promise, but was dissapointed wth it and felt GX was better in terms of how much I enjoyed it, but felt 5Ds could easily be better..boy was I right. With the start of the Dark Signers arc I realized that wow...it took a rediculously long time for the show to get good (keep in mind, it was OK but not good enough until the Dark Signers arc started), but It was worth the wait in the end because its gotten amazingly good and is now easily blowing the former champ: Yugioh GX out of the water. In addition, unlike GX, they actually develop their characters and introduce them well. (Well except for Crow, but I forgive them for that because I like Crow and in addition they were smart enough not to make that mistake again so far) Currently in 5Ds I'm at where Yusei just defeated K-something with his Majestic Star Dragon last episode, in its first appearance. Can't wait to see more of 5Ds! ^^

Carly does have really beautiful eyes under those glasses' date=' something even JACK can appreciate. You didn't find D.S Kiryu Vs Yusei awesome?

5Ds 38 - Divine Vs D.S Carly/D.S Misty Vs Aki Take 1.

[/quote']

Divine annoyed me..didn't like him much. D.S Kiryu vs Yusei was boring. Then again, all the duels involving Kiryu have bored me for the most part.

Defeated Kiryu' date=' he does that alot.

5Ds does worsen again after the duel with Rex, its still slowly piccing up, but at the moment its on a Kiryu/Infernity Beasts development drive.

[/quote']

Fghts Kiryu alot? ugh...oh well, Guess I'll know which episodes to skim through (Yes, I've gotten to where I skim through some duels because of how much they bore me and they last too long..duels involving Kiriyu is the worst offender so far.) Crow is cool..but when he first appeared it was like, everyone knew and accepted him, and meanwhile the audiance watching the show is like "wtf who are you?"..thankfuly every character so far I've seen in 5D's besides him got a proper introduction and was developed correctly..as opposed to crow..though they are overcompensating by making his story tie to Yusei's and by developing his character in that duel with the Dark Signer (which he beat as a non-signer btw. Just saying. Sure I've heard he becomes one somehow later but still.)

Archived