Yugioh! Duel Monsters versus Yugioh! 5ds

cardlord

Johan comes back same with O'Brien. It's Johan who sets it up for Judai to summon Rainbow Neos to defeat Darkness. I do like how Darkness just annihilates the cast until the main cast is down to Fujiwara, Darkness/Mr.T/Truman, Judai, Johan and Fubuki. It does have some comedic value such as Judai using Pharaoh's Fleas to make Mike (Manjoume's Sponsor) admit to stealing a Card (Edo's Key Card).

Cut to 5Ds S2 then you shouldn't be bored, its emotionally charged. Although all the work they seemed to do with JACK that season seems to have left him the occasional comedy relief (such as the blown up D-Wheel, the drawn system screw up, his attempt to get a job and his makeshift table and chairs breaking (however Crow's lines after that sort of ruined that)) and very prone to hitting people. S2 did develop JACK as a person using Carly, developed Aki (although she's just a waste in S3 so far) and made me love Rua more, by him being prepared to die just so Ruka doesn't have to get in danger.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johan comes back same with O'Brien. It's Johan who sets it up for Judai to summon Rainbow Neos to defeat Darkness. I do like how Darkness just annihilates the cast until the main cast is down to Fujiwara' date=' Darkness/Mr.T/Truman, Judai, Johan and Fubuki. It does have some comedic value such as Judai using Pharaoh's Fleas to make Mike (Manjoume's Sponsor) admit to stealing a Card (Edo's Key Card).

Cut to 5Ds S2 then you shouldn't be bored, its emotionally charged. Although all the work they seemed to do with JACK that season seems to have left him the occasional comedy relief (such as the blown up D-Wheel, the drawn system screw up, his attempt to get a job and his makeshift table and chairs breaking (however Crow's lines after that sort of ruined that)) and very prone to hitting people. S2 did develop JACK as a person using Carly, developed Aki (although she's just a waste in S3 so far) and made me love Rua more, by him being prepared to die just so Ruka doesn't have to get in danger.

[/quote']

So I won't miss much by skipping Season 1 of 5Ds?

Also..I know this is off topic but: would you guys consider Yugioh R as Canon to the original manga?

S1 introduces a few things about Crimson Dragon, that plot picked some snippets, S1 does explain why JACK left Satellite. Watching S1 does help you develop a hate for Crow, for invading the plot and becoming main cast. (I hate him....lots....doesn't help that he doesn't like Carly). I admit JACK's driving in S1 does grate on my nerves a little, he spends more time facing his opponent, than the right way.

Things in S1 you cannot afford to miss: Rua entering the tournament as Ruka, Bomber trying to kill Rex, Aki tearing up the Duel Field, JACK Vs Yusei the rematch.

JACK does like hitting people, I'm about to watch JACK Vs JACK part 1.

S4 of DM didn't really have true Bike Duels, if I recall correctly, just alot Valon loving to use his bike.

S1 introduces a few things about Crimson Dragon' date=' that plot picked some snippets, S1 does explain why JACK left Satellite. Watching S1 does help you develop a hate for Crow, for invading the plot and becoming main cast. (I hate him....lots....doesn't help that he doesn't like Carly). I admit JACK's driving in S1 does grate on my nerves a little, he spends more time facing his opponent, than the right way.

Things in S1 you cannot afford to miss: Rua entering the tournament as Ruka, Bomber trying to kill Rex, Aki tearing up the Duel Field, JACK Vs Yusei the rematch.

S4 of DM didn't really have true Bike Duels, if I recall correctly, just alot Valon loving to use his bike.

[/quote']

But didn't you just say that I should skip Season 1 and go to 2 if I'm bored -.-...you confuse me.

And you didn't anwer my other (granted unrelated) question: is Yugioh R considered manga canon with the original manga?

S1 introduces a few things about Crimson Dragon' date=' that plot picked some snippets, S1 does explain why JACK left Satellite. Watching S1 does help you develop a hate for Crow, for invading the plot and becoming main cast. (I hate him....lots....doesn't help that he doesn't like Carly). I admit JACK's driving in S1 does grate on my nerves a little, he spends more time facing his opponent, than the right way.

[/quote']

I like the fact that you capitalize HIS name.

Right lets get to the answers

1) Sorry to confuse you, I was trying to give you info to decide if you want to skip it or not. Personally I think the content is worth just skimming some episodes rather than watching all fully.

2) Well R does follow the manga given Pegasus is dead, so possibly you could say it that way.

Larry

Member on Janime (the site I stalk =D) decided it should be in caps for 5Ds aired.

Well Kaiba does have a more developed past, which does explain why he's done all he has. He's alot worse in the manga and isn't above killing. He makes JACK look tame tbh even with JACK's sudden violence tendencies towards people *coughbrunocough*

What I like about DM characters were introduced at the beginning if they were to become something, when 5Ds sort of introduced Crow episode 30 something, then decided lets get him some dueling actions, then stick him in main. Hard not to when he lives at the same Garage as Yusei and JACK, but they could just make him work to get him out of the ep.

Well Kaiba does have a more developed past' date=' which does explain why he's done all he has. He's alot worse in the manga and isn't above killing. He makes JACK look tame tbh even with JACK's sudden violence tendencies towards people *coughbrunocough*

What I like about DM characters were introduced at the beginning if they were to become something, when 5Ds sort of introduced Crow episode 30 something, then decided lets get him some dueling actions, then stick him in main. Hard not to when he lives at the same Garage as Yusei and JACK, but they could just make him work to get him out of the ep.

[/quote']

One thing I love about Kaiba in Yugioh R is, he is the only character with Common sense. He duels for fun and when someone demands a duel in order for him to pass a lousy door, he either chooses to do so just for fun, and has mokuba find the real way to open it, or if he hates that someone, he just hits them with the suit case. (Tenma) and says "Screw the duel, I have money." XD Seriously, Yugioh has the dumb problem of thinking that Dueling is the only way to solve ANYTHING. I swear, if they told me they had a key card to the door and wouldn't let me through unless I dueled them, and I didn't feel like dueling, I'd just punch them and steal the keycard and open the door anyways. DUH.

BTW: the duel zombies in GX seriously were dumb. Why didn't they just take off the bio bands so they could duel when they want and if they tell the zombies "no I don't wanna duel" whats the worst that can happen? They drool on us to death? Jeez. Give me a break.

Right lets get to the answers

1) Sorry to confuse you' date=' I was trying to give you info to decide if you want to skip it or not. Personally I think the content is worth just skimming some episodes rather than watching all fully.

2) Well R does follow the manga given Pegasus is dead, so possibly you could say it that way.

Larry

Member on Janime (the site I stalk =D) decided it should be in caps for 5Ds aired.

[/quote']

1. Sounds like I'll read the plot outline and then skip to Season 2. How sad.,.sounds like GX already. (Aka Season 2 of GX was mostly a waste f time and GX in general had ALOT of filler and dragging out fights needlessly long. Seriously..2 episodes is fine but 3 or 4? THATS REDICULUOS. I get tired of the duel and want the winner to be decided already halfway through the second episode as it is!) That brings a new question: Does the fact I want the duels to be no longer than 2 episodes and the fact I think they shouldn't use Dueling to solve ALL of lives problems mean I'm a non-yugioh fan? I still like Yugioh so I think I still am lo

2. Possibly could, but Yugioh Wikia says its non-canon. Yet It seems like it could be canon to me. Its funny how in the anime he's still alive so he got to be in GX. To me though, they shouldn't've made the GX manga so dif. They coulda made alterations, maybe taken out some duels and add new duels and it'd be fine. Maybe a new arc wouldn't hurt per-say. Back to topic though, (sorry about that) I feel its bothersome how he wasn't dead in the anime and is in the manga..and Yugioh R, while I do like it..feels like its nothing but a filler arc made into a manga instead...which is bothersome.

3. JACK huh? lol Btw: are Jack and Chazz really that much like Kaiba in the original subs? I've only seen some of season 3 of GX in subs..everything else I've seen was before that in 4kids dub -shuddders- >.>

BTW: Kaiba>Chazz and I'm not sure about Jack yet.

Well in 5Ds, a duel simulation was actually used as a lock for the security (who we all know fail). You do forget in YGO how much the series life is dueling, if often blurrs into life or death dueling (of course main cast never die), just this episode JACK was set careening into the sea after losing to his clone's Red Daemon's Dragon

The zombies duel you until you give in, or until you cannot continue, that's how they picked off Manjoume. What do you mean bio bands, they sort of lose their usage after Yubel killed Cobra, she didn't need duel energy.

Well in 5Ds' date=' a duel simulation was actually used as a lock for the security (who we all know fail). You do forget in YGO how much the series life is dueling, if often blurrs into life or death dueling (of course main cast never die), just this episode JACK was set careening into the sea after losing to his clone's Red Daemon's Dragon

The zombies duel you until you give in, or until you cannot continue, that's how they picked off Manjoume. What do you mean bio bands, they sort of lose their usage after Yubel killed Cobra, she didn't need duel energy.

[/quote']

In the 4kids dubk, they made it seem like that she was using Duel Energy to gain her body while she was in marcel. Also, they complained about how they needed not to be near the Duel Zombies because then they'd have to duel them for no apparent reason, and with the bands on that they for some reason decided not to take off, they'd lose energy while wearing them and it could kill them. So they had to avoid dueling.

Is that not how it really went?

JACK just likes hitting people, Manjoume was just a laughing stock of a rival during S2 and S3, infact he took the back seat to just about everyone who wanted to duel Judai. Seto's alot smarter, more manipulative and in the manga willing to go alot further than the other's could even imagine. In terms of personality Kaiba>>>>>>>>>>>>JACK>>>>>>>Manjoume

Different writers do different things, its a shame they didn't keep hold of the writers for DM to do GX, but because they had no manga to govern it, they could just go anywhere they like (I think they only had character bios)

I can't remember much about the specifics in S3, it could of been possible that's why the Zombies needed fresh meat, but Amon's party certainly gave her a big boost. The zombies force you into a duel, not in the same way you can be forced in 5Ds. (Activation of Speed World (S1 & 2) and Speed World 2 (S3) activates the card of the same name in the other's deck). It seemed more of a surviving long enough to figure away back home and diversions for the zombies so they could find Yubel's Host (Martin)

I lost track of the 5ds story line since episode 25 >_>.

Then again, im slow.

But 5ds is still awesome, but season 1 in yu-gi-oh duel monsters was more awesome, i loved the way they twisted the rules, of course that stopped, which is a shame, i liked that :(.

you'll never hear THIS in 5D's...

Yugi: Next i'll equip my Mammoth Graveyard with the Living Arrow Magic card! Next i'll use Polymerization to fuse my Mammoth Graveyard with your BEUD.

Kaiba: (sees his dragon melting) what did you do to my dragon?!

Yugi: your dragon is a living monster while my Mammoth is a zombie, now my Mammoth will corode your dragon from within and weakn it so my Celtic Gaurdian can attack and defeat you!!!

Yugioh Season 1 is epic win! ;)

Larry, he respected his opponents until Edo handed his butt to him (followed by 9/10 continuous loses), then he couldn't care less beyond the power after destroying Inukai in a Hell Duel. Infact he was willing to electrocute his own brother and walked off when Sho passed out.

JACK just likes hitting people' date=' Manjoume was just a laughing stock of a rival during S2 and S3, infact he took the back seat to just about everyone who wanted to duel Judai. Seto's alot smarter, more manipulative and in the manga willing to go alot further than the other's could even imagine. In terms of personality Kaiba>>>>>>>>>>>>JACK>>>>>>>Manjoume

Different writers do different things, its a shame they didn't keep hold of the writers for DM to do GX, but because they had no manga to govern it, they could just go anywhere they like (I think they only had character bios)

I can't remember much about the specifics in S3, it could of been possible that's why the Zombies needed fresh meat, but Amon's party certainly gave her a big boost. The zombies force you into a duel, not in the same way you can be forced in 5Ds. (Activation of Speed World (S1 & 2) and Speed World 2 (S3) activates the card of the same name in the other's deck). It seemed more of a surviving long enough to figure away back home and diversions for the zombies so they could find Yubel's Host (Martin)

[/quote']

Again I say, how do the Duel Zombies do that? Beg and beg until someone duels them? lol For some reason I liked Chazz anyways, couldn't help it if he wasn't as skilled as he should be (which was rather sad) though I will say he did annoy me at times, and when I first saw him, I disliked him until he became a slifer. I rolled my eyes and said "another Kaiba" aloud when I first saw him lol (Its like 'try originality next time lol]

I love Kaiba tho. As for Jack..he annoys me alot, but I'm still not sure what to think of him for sure yet.

Larry' date=' he respected his opponents until Edo handed his butt to him (followed by 9/10 continuous loses), then he couldn't care less beyond the power after destroying Inukai in a Hell Duel. Infact he was willing to electrocute his own brother and walked off when Sho passed out.

[/quote']

Idk who Edo and Sho are because I'm used to dub..CURSE YOU 4KIDS!!!!

Well people are likely to duel if people challenge them in YGO, so they do it because they're requested, and the zombie will not let them leave easily. Which is why as the group went through to get out, they left people behind to distract the zombies from them.

Dub:

Ryo/Kaiser - Zane

Edo - Aster

Sho - Syrus

Well people are likely to duel if people challenge them in YGO' date=' so they do it because they're requested, and the zombie will not let them leave easily. Which is why as the group went through to get out, they left people behind to distract the zombies from them.

Dub:

Ryo/Kaiser - Zane

Edo - Aster

Sho - Syrus

[/quote']

I knew Kaiser was Zane. Thanks for the other two though. And so what? They can't just punch the zombie, say "F u" and walk past them? We've clearly seen that Crowler did so just fine. (Even Banner's CAT did.) Doesn't matter if they like to Duel, if its dangerous to do so, common sense says DONT.

Well Pharaoh gave Chronos an escape route, otherwise he would have been caught, he did get caught eventually if I remember right.

Dueling solves all evils remember that, if they didn't duel and it was dangerous the 5Ds cast wouldn't have made it to D-Wheels or D-Boards.

Well Pharaoh gave Chronos an escape route' date=' otherwise he would have been caught, he did get caught eventually if I remember right.

Dueling solves all evils remember that, if they didn't duel and it was dangerous the 5Ds cast wouldn't have made it to D-Wheels or D-Boards.

[/quote']

D-Wheels or Boards are not dangerous.

Aki had 17 bike accidents in one episode.

Rua and Rua each had 3 during one duel.

Neither of them had more than a scratch.

Only Jack got hurt once, but he could Duel again 5 episodes after the crash.

Bakura is the only YGO character to have continued to have an injury for more than 5 episodes, but that doesn't mean that Yusei wasn't still carrying an injury after an emergency op to remove debris following his loss to Kiryu. They tend to carry more mental problems or heartbreak/ache following duels instead, or a bruised ego. Character can't die and they obviously cannot be asked to get simple things right like JACK's bandages following him getting beaten up, so how are they gonna keep maintaining cuts and bruises from other characters for more than a few eps. Plus they have several different artists, with probably their best one working on the film now.

Its anime, no one carries injuries for that long anyhow, bar heart break/ache.

Archived