Yugioh! Duel Monsters versus Yugioh! 5ds

cardlord

Yeah but Yusei gets screwed in the whole duel >_<

Yugi was very good in his duels (that's why the duels were 3 to 5 episodes), he dont get screwed up much like yusei boy <,<

about jaden, i don't know, I skipped the whole GX series, didn't like it.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with DeVil.

I wouldn't say GX is fail, it's just that well, it's too "carefree". I only watched the first few episodes of GX and some in the middle, but it was still okay. The only pronlem I had with it were the character designs (a guy with a circular nose?). Yusei probably has the best personality of the three protaganists, but Yami would kill him anyways.

Plus, I don't get the reason why they decided to create "D-Wheels". They can still use Duel Disks.

Yeah, turbo duels are awesome, but they could do the show without them. Plus, how are they gonna use other Field Spells if Speed World is hogging up the Field Space? And Yami seems more intelligent and talks more in my opinion.

And I know this goes off topic, but who is that guy that follows Uruya or whatever in 5D's and says "Shi, shi ,shi, shi, shi"? He has an INCREDIBLY long finger.

In turbo duels, they use a deck other than their real deck.

The spell cards in Turbo Duel deck can only be "Speed Spell - ...", so there is no way a turbo deck will have a field spell.

about that ugly shi shi guy, I really thought it was that insect guy from yu-gi-oh, "God how did I forgot his name ! >.<"

GX generally for the first 2 seasons does appear to more aimed at the younger end of its Japanese audience, bar swearing and the Hell duels (which subsequently nearly killed the character involved in most of them). Season 3 had Judai 'killing' all his friends and the 'death' of Hell Kaiser (of course by some miracle he survived) and Season 4 sort of showed the futures, solved most of the Darkness plot line, with some illusions and an OMG he's dead moment, (of course the character in question was alive....and had really been missing feared dead for 3 or so years) and Judai's head got very full. (With 4 'souls' there at once). The manga is just awesome I mean Manjoume trashed Judai, then got beaten by Kaiser bad made worse by the fact he'd gotten his 3 Dragons out.

D-Wheels add a new dimension, GX had the School, and for DM, Duel Monsters took over the whole series. YGO had its Yami No Games, and a 'psycho' seeming Main Character. (Yami freaked me out alot that series). Infact atm Ground Duels seem to be the predominate duel format, currently its because Rua doesn't have a D-Wheel....and for Rudger staying where he was, was enough torment for everyone (It meant he could drag the most important people in Yusei's life into the whole mess)

Currently the only people using Field Cards are the Dark Signers (who require them for their Earthbound Gods) and the D-Wheelers. I guess it does make Field Cards redundant, unless you're using an Earthbound God, but that's just the way it rolling.

BL you refer to Jaeger, he is actually quite entertaining when he duels Crow. His shocked face moments such as in 38 with the Earthquake made me laugh alot.

DeVil a bit slow aren't you, they've been ruining it since they brought the rites. Watch it Raw/Subbed or not at all is the smart answer.

EHA get real that wasn't a blood pulp, my question is will they show the blood from JACK's head wound in 26? (I still remembering them editing the blood stain on Bakura's bandage)

I just checked Yu-Gi-Oh Wiki and the guy I was talking about is called Larry (in the dub; he has no name in Japan).

And I was SHOCKED to find out Rally was a BOY. He looks and sounds like a girl in Japan, and I never watched a dubbed episode. And Yusei dubbed fails.

And who the hell is Jaeger and Crow? I only watched 5D's up to part of the 4th episode.

I just checked Yu-Gi-Oh Wiki and the guy I was talking about is called Larry (in the dub; he has no name in Japan).

And I was SHOCKED to find out Rally was a BOY. He looks and sounds like a girl in Japan' date=' and I never watched a dubbed episode. And Yusei dubbed fails.

And who the hell is Jaeger and Crow? I only watched 5D's up to part of the 4th episode.

[/quote']

Watch MOAR!

GX generally for the first 2 seasons does appear to more aimed at the younger end of its Japanese audience' date=' bar swearing and the Hell duels (which subsequently nearly killed the character involved in most of them). Season 3 had Judai 'killing' all his friends and the 'death' of Hell Kaiser (of course by some miracle he survived) and Season 4 sort of showed the futures, solved most of the Darkness plot line, with some illusions and an OMG he's dead moment, (of course the character in question was alive....and had really been missing feared dead for 3 or so years) and Judai's head got very full. (With 4 'souls' there at once). The manga is just awesome I mean Manjoume trashed Judai, then got beaten by Kaiser bad made worse by the fact he'd gotten his 3 Dragons out.

D-Wheels add a new dimension, GX had the School, and for DM, Duel Monsters took over the whole series. YGO had its Yami No Games, and a 'psycho' seeming Main Character. (Yami freaked me out alot that series). Infact atm Ground Duels seem to be the predominate duel format, currently its because Rua doesn't have a D-Wheel....and for Rudger staying where he was, was enough torment for everyone (It meant he could drag the most important people in Yusei's life into the whole mess)

Currently the only people using Field Cards are the Dark Signers (who require them for their Earthbound Gods) and the D-Wheelers. I guess it does make Field Cards redundant, unless you're using an Earthbound God, but that's just the way it rolling.

BL you refer to Jaeger, he is actually quite entertaining when he duels Crow. His shocked face moments such as in 38 with the Earthquake made me laugh alot.

DeVil a bit slow aren't you, they've been ruining it since they brought the rites. Watch it Raw/Subbed or not at all is the smart answer.

EHA get real that wasn't a blood pulp, my question is will they show the blood from JACK's head wound in 26? (I still remembering them editing the blood stain on Bakura's bandage)

[/quote']

I didn't know there was death n' killing in GX O.o

about ppl who use field spells, u forgot Ruka, her (future) ancient fairy dragon has something to do with field spells, forgot its effect cuz it sucks =p

yeah and about 4kids I know, and they are not just ruining it, they r bringing more KIDS into the game every time they dub a new season, and that's what makes me frustrated -_-

Oh the dude from episode 2, that no one cares about.

BL, seeming like a girl isn't new.....sometimes (thanks mainly to PDU Togepi) Manjoume seems very feminine lol.

Jaeger - Rex's Right Hand Man.

Crow - A good friend of Yusei, raised alongside JACK and Yusei in an orphange, they grew up as brothers. (Until the whole Kiryu incident)

Kiryu - Former leader of Team Satisifaction, he was arrested for the murder of a security guard and blames Yusei for his death (Yusei ensured he was caught for his crime). JACK described as a big brother to him, Yusei and Crow, helping them really believe that even being from Satellite they could still achieve what they wanted.

BL - Youtube and ShriekV now. (Watch the subs reminds me I need to look for 47 subbed)

Yes DeVil, Season 3 - Cobra died walking off a platform, Satou fell off a suspended bridge thing. And Birdman/Harpie's Brother told the group that to lose in Dark World is to die, and Brrow repeatedly went on about Johan being dead, Kozaky brought it up again and 146 Ryo's heart gave its final warning. 147/148 was filled with the whole Ryo won't make it out of the duel alive scenerio, 148 after losing to Johan (Powerbond Damage, but I bet he'd rather have not gone any other way), his heart finally stopped. The cast had a good cry, then the next thing we know in 157 Sho is writing him a letter. (And this time unlike when Bakura wrote a letter to his sister Amane, the sibling wasn't dead)

Season 4 was just people being exposed to their own darkness, their fears. (Sho, failing his Brother and his Pro League, Asuka not doing well being a teacher, and Manjoume dropping out the Pro League, whereas Johan's couldn't be found, and Fubuki's was regret for not saving one of his best friends.) Basically parents are the root of all evil and the main plot revolved around a very sad Fujiwara who was terrified of being forgotten.....so made it so everyone else was forgotten. (Mainly by Fubuki who he then tried to make forget him, Fubuki would rather drag them both into the darkness than leave Fujiwara where he was)

Ruka's was Ancient Forest, probably in OCG next month.

5Ds has the eldest main character of all YGO, with Yugi being 16, Judai starting at 15 (end he was 18 ), with Yusei being 18, but also the youngest main cast characters the twins being only 11.

woh woh, good infos/spoiler ! ;p

actually I watched only half of the first season from GX, and a duel between that dark rainbow dragon guy and zain, and the stupid duel between yubel and judai <,<.

the duels in GX are nice maybe, but still, character designs and storyline seems stupid to me (real, talking monsters, dueling in another world, ...) reminds me of digimon somehow.

I wanna know something,

how did Kiryu die ! <_<

The duel was Yubel Johan Vs Hell Kaiser Ryo (147/148 ) and Yubel Vs Johan (153-155)

Er hello DM had talking monsters. Dueling in another world, DM did also in the final season. 5Ds has them both too. The issue with GX is lack of character development, or rather lack of depth. In 5Ds they tried to give each character a chance to develop their past and way they think. (For example: 40/41 revealed Aki's past, why she hates her father, and why she was with Divine, 43 revealed the twins feelings about each other and Rua's sacrifices for his sister (he never really got to see his Idol duel, because of Ruka being 'frail' and he even admited to her felt sometimes she was a pest))

My guess it was to do with his sentence. I mean killing a cop is one of the worst crimes, plus he was from Satellite (commonly regard as scum by people in Neo Domino (of course when Ushio did it, he could of easily ended up really at the business end of JACK's fist who thanks to Carly is more proud of his Satellite roots)) . Technically the Dark Signers sit between Life and Death, although Rex stated they were dead (way to bring it up infront of the Kids).

Father where does DM fit in? Or have you decided Yu-Gi-Oh (Dub) = Original? Which it doesn't?

Sorry when you've seen Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters it gets annoying when people refer to Yu-Gi-Oh as the original when its not truly. And tbh Yu-Gi-Oh Pwns alot of the other stuff (as much as I love the twins)

DemonX tough cookies, Season 4 was obv too pr0 for 4Kids.....actually 5Ds just appeared soon enough to save it from dubbie oblivion, whilst falling into itself.

Eh.

I don't get why GX keep getting brought up in this thread lol, the OP asked if you prefered 5D's or Yu-Gi-Oh.

Anyway, 5D's is great and a lot more realistic when it comes down the duels. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s storyline was pretty repetitive, though still good. 5D's has an interesting storyline too though. Overall 5D's is better in my opinion.

Also, to anyone that says GX was childish: lol stop watching Dubs. :P

FB, its to argue against the statement in the first post.

Well said FB. I better go prepare for Rua to lose again....it gets harder everytime. *cries*

The Dark Signer plot is good, esp with their max damage approach by involving the orphanage, Yusei, JACK and Crow grew up. Using Rally to duel Yusei, sacrificing Martha for Uru, and trying to grab the children too (I hated the twinkle the 'forcefield' made ruined JACK's great to the rescue music), dragging Divine down, and bringing Rua into a duel he'll never win while his twin can hear his pain, but not see it.

Yeah but Yusei gets screwed in the whole duel >_<

Yugi was very good in his duels (that's why the duels were 3 to 5 episodes)' date=' he dont get screwed up much like yusei boy <,<

about jaden, i don't know, I skipped the whole GX series, didn't like it.

[/quote']

this is because kazuki takahashi himself is a gamer and spent long hours coming up with interesting ways to make the duels in the original yugioh go back and forth instead of being mostly one sided. that's why the duels either got shorter after battle city, or they were extended by using ridiculously overpowered cards that only yugi's miraculous pulled-out-of-the-a** draw of a random situational and otherwise useless card could defeat. the parts that were actually based on takahashi's manga let the characters combine very simple cards in very effective ways to come around from behind and win. that was the best yugioh of all.

FB' date=' its to argue against the statement in the first post.

Well said FB. I better go prepare for Rua to lose again....it gets harder everytime. *cries*

The Dark Signer plot is good, esp with their max damage approach by involving the orphanage, Yusei, JACK and Crow grew up. Using Rally to duel Yusei, sacrificing Martha for Uru, and trying to grab the children too (I hated the twinkle the 'forcefield' made ruined JACK's great to the rescue music), dragging Divine down, and bringing Rua into a duel he'll never win while his twin can hear his pain, but not see it.

[/quote']

this is what separates 5d's from the original and elevates it to a new level. the characters in 5d's have human failings and because of them they have to put up with loss to an extent that yugi and the gang never did.

Actually the ORIGINAL Yu-Gi-Oh had barely any duels, I can't remember how exactly Kazuki was convinced to give Yu-Gi-Oh's Next Series (Duel Monsters) to Duel Monsters.

Well in the original the Dark 'Yamis' were Psychos and so where the Kaibas, it was rather crazy.

Yusei's 2nd loss (1st was a flashback to when JACK pwned him 2 years before) left him scared of Kiryu and really shock up to the point JACK decided to hit him to see if he could get the fire burning in Yusei's eyes again....he did until Martha ended up with Uru.

Archived