Let's see...

Very true and in the manga they can just do what they did with GX, NEW DECKS. In the GX manga the only character as far as we know to play the same deck (or atleast one card the same (Manga Chapter 08 Pictured with CED) is Marufuji Ryo. Judai plays different E-Heroes, and Sho different Roids.

Thing is Manga cards barely get released and tend to come out in dribs and drabs. The OCG atm, has all but one of Judai's monsters, but alot of holes in other decks, and they tend to come out in Limited Edition packs. (In the TCG I believe they came out in sets). So unless they do more releases along those lines there's only so much money they can make,

With the GX Manga we get about 31 pages every month (used to be less), the bad guys have made their moves, but the main villain has yet to arrive. And we still don't know why Fubuki suddenly changed his mind about staying in the US (originally he turned down coming back with Ryo from America)

The thing is, the Season 0 and DM Manga were both the original story; the Anime was based off of it. Yugioh R was the Manga-exclusive thing. GX was all over the place in concern of the plot, so the GX Manga is fine. However, 5D's is very dedicated to its own plot, so it really doesn't need a Manga equivalent, although that would be nice. I really should read the GX Manga, I only read up to Volume 1.

Archived