Yubel Deck

Ignis Veritas

Alright, I'm new here to the forums and thought it would be a good idea to see if I could get some feedback on my new deck. Now without further ado, i present to you, My Yubel Deck.

Monsters 20:

Yubel

Yubel - Terror Incarnate

Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

Montage Dragon

Patrician Of Darkness

Destiny Hero - Dasher

Dark Crusader

Obsidian Dragon

Turbo Booster X3

Mask of Darkness

Mystic Tomato X3

Destiny Hero - Doom Lord X2

Old Vindictive Magician

Dark Blade X2

Spells 9:

Monster Reborn

Dark Room of Nightmare

Mystical Space Typhoon

Heavy Storm

scapegoat

Offerings to the doomed

soul exchange

swords of revealing Light

Misfortune

Traps 11:

Dark Illusion

Nightmare Wheel

Magic Cylinder

compulsory Evacuation Device

All-out Attacks

Call of the Earth Bound X2

Limit Reverse X3

Now one of the things I've noticed with just laying this deck out like this is that it lacks draw power, so I've been thinking about trying to get my hands on a couple D-Draws along with plasma and dogma to speed up the draw, and maybe summoners art and trade in for even more draw power. Though by doing this it also looks like it'd bring out more power in the Montage dragon as I would have to run more high level monsters.

-Montage Dragon

-Patrician Of Darkness

-Destiny Hero - Dasher

-Dark Crusader

-Obsidian Dragon

-Turbo Booster X3

-Mask of Darkness

-Destiny Hero - Doom Lord X2

-Old Vindictive Magician

-Dark Blade X2 (srsly what)

+2 Yubel

+2 Doom Shaman

Not gonna bother looking at the rest of the deck after that disappointment.

I'll admit, dark blade was essentially just a place holder until i get something better, But thanks for pointing me towards Doom Shaman.

Though if i may ask. I figured that Dashers tribute effect could aid in getting Yubels stronger forms out quicker and if he was in the grave and hadn't drawn Yubel herself yet, when I did it would allow me to bring her out onto the field. So i guess what I'm asking is, Dashers status as a 6 star outweighs the usefulness of his effects?

It's bad.

Monsters: 18

3x Yubel

3x Yubel - Terror Incarnate

1x Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

2x Doom Shaman

3x Dark Grepher

3x Armageddon Knight

1x Breaker the Magical Warrior

1x Sangan

1x Treeborn Frog

Spells: 13

3x Allure of Darkness

3x Reinforcement of the Army

2x Foolish Burial

1x Monster Reborn

1x D.D.R - Different Dimension Reincarnation

1x Heavy Storm

1x Giant Trunade

1x Brain Control

Traps: 9

3x Battle Mania

3x Solemn Judgment

2x Limit Reverse

1x Torrential Tribute

Build something like this.

It's bad.

Monsters: 18

3x Yubel

3x Yubel - Terror Incarnate

1x Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

2x Doom Shaman

3x Dark Grepher

3x Armageddon Knight

1x Breaker the Magical Warrior

1x Sangan

1x Treeborn Frog

Spells: 13

3x Allure of Darkness

3x Reinforcement of the Army

2x Foolish Burial

1x Monster Reborn

1x D.D.R - Different Dimension Reincarnation

1x Heavy Storm

1x Giant Trunade

1x Brain Control

Traps: 9

3x Battle Mania

3x Solemn Judgment

2x Limit Reverse

1x Torrential Tribute

Build something like this.

Yeah.RIGHT HERE. If you want the theme,use this!!!!

This is pitiful... try my decklist. It tops at Hobby League almost every time I bring it.

Monsters ( 20 )

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Mystic Tomato

2x Dark Grepher

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

1x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

Spells ( 12 )

3x Allure of Darkness

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Burial from a Different Dimension

1x Wave-Motion Cannon

1x Monster Reborn

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

Traps ( 8 )

3x Limit Reverse

3x Reckless Greed

1x Torrential Tribute

1x All-Out Attacks

Total Cards: 40

And don't follow JD's build. The 3 Yubels and 3 Terror Incarnates just scream "BAD YUBEL DECK". You only need 2 Yubels, 1 Terror, and 1 Nightmare. If you're building a Side Deck, side a second Terror, but it DOES NOT belong in the main deck.

This is pitiful... try my decklist. It tops at Hobby League almost every time I bring it.

Monsters ( 20 )

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Mystic Tomato

2x Dark Grepher

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

1x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

Spells ( 12 )

3x Allure of Darkness

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Wave-Motion Cannon

1x Monster Reborn

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

Traps ( 8 )

3x Limit Reverse

3x Reckless Greed

1x Torrential Tribute

1x All-Out Attacks

And don't follow JD's build. The 3 Yubels and 3 Terror Incarnates just scream "BAD YUBEL DECK". You only need 2 Yubels' date=' 1 Terror, and 1 Nightmare. If you're building a Side Deck, side a second Terror, but it DOES NOT belong in the main deck.

[/quote']

Well. It seems I have been challenged.

Wait' date=' Why include Ultimiate Nightmare?

Terror Incarnate is alot better.

Terror Incarnate + Sacred Phoenix = OH SNAP!

[/quote']

Why include Ultimate Nightmare..............................because it is a Yubel deck, but I supose you could run one without a Ultimate Nightmare.

[/quote']

Why include Ultimate Nightmare..............................because it is a Yubel deck, but I supose you couls run one without a Ultimate Nightmare.

Meh, I guess you can make the deck either way

Ultimiate Nightmare works both ways(not that its bad)

Using Terror Incarnate + Sacred Phoenix = instant harpies feather duster each turn, But the opponet has to attack Yubel in order to do any damage.

[/quote']

Seriously... that shouldn't be in ANY Yubel deck. Does it make a Dark Hole and Heavy Storm every turn? Yes. Is it worth it to pull off whilst you could be supporting a better win condition? No.

Monsters ( 20 )

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Mystic Tomato

2x Dark Grepher

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

1x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

Spells ( 12 )

3x Allure of Darkness

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Wave-Motion Cannon

1x Monster Reborn

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

Traps ( 8 )

3x Limit Reverse

3x Reckless Greed

1x Torrential Tribute

1x All-Out Attacks

And don't follow JD's build. The 3 Yubels and 3 Terror Incarnates just scream "BAD YUBEL DECK". You only need 2 Yubels' date=' 1 Terror, and 1 Nightmare. If you're building a Side Deck, side a second Terror, but it DOES NOT belong in the main deck.

[/quote']

Why do you say that? I didn't challenge you in any way whatsoever. I simplee disagree with your decklist. I just think (unless you're facing Macro) that 2 Terror Incarnates is pointless, considering Yubel can search her from the Graveyard. I've been running Yubel before her card was released in English (by proxy of course), so I know what I'm talking about. Battle Mania is epic fail, considering any intelligent Yubel duelist knows that Terror Incarnate should be out as long as possible. That means your opponent's field will be empty of monsters during each of their Standby Phases, allowing no activation for Battle Mania. This makes All-Out Attacks much better. I ran 3 Yubel at first, but changed that long ago. I run 2 because, if you draw into 1, you still have another in the Deck, but why 3? That third slot is needed for other necessary cards, not for a security blanket. That's what Side Decks are for.

So, any questions/comments on my reasoning?

[/quote']

Seriously... that shouldn't be in ANY Yubel deck. Does it make a Dark Hole and Heavy Storm every turn? Yes. Is it worth it to pull off whilst you could be supporting a better win condition? No.

Monsters ( 20 )

3x Armageddon Knight

3x Mystic Tomato

2x Dark Grepher

2x Yubel

2x Doom Shaman

2x The Calculator

1x Exiled Force

1x Terror Incarnate

1x Ultimate Nightmare

1x Inaba White Rabbit

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

Spells ( 12 )

3x Allure of Darkness

2x Swing of Memories

2x Foolish Burial

1x Wave-Motion Cannon

1x Monster Reborn

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

Traps ( 8 )

3x Limit Reverse

3x Reckless Greed

1x Torrential Tribute

1x All-Out Attacks

[/quote']

Why do you say that? I didn't challenge you in any way whatsoever. I simplee disagree with your decklist. I just think (unless you're facing Macro) that 2 Terror Incarnates is pointless, considering Yubel can search her from the Graveyard. I've been running Yubel before her card was released in English (by proxy of course), so I know what I'm talking about. Battle Mania is epic fail, considering any intelligent Yubel duelist knows that Terror Incarnate should be out as long as possible. That means your opponent's field will be empty of monsters during each of their Standby Phases, allowing no activation for Battle Mania. This makes All-Out Attacks much better. I ran 3 Yubel at first, but changed that long ago. I run 2 because, if you draw into 1, you still have another in the Deck, but why 3? That third slot is needed for other necessary cards, not for a security blanket. That's what Side Decks are for.

So, any questions/comments on my reasoning?

To be honest there is nothing I can really question. I suppose I would need more than Allure of Darkness, Dark Grepher and Armageddon Knight to deal with possible dead draws. That isn't sarcasm. That is fact.

Personally..I think I like JD's build a bit more, though that might be because i know more then one duelist in my local area who likes remove from play decks, So the extra yubels become less of a security blanket and more like a needed surplus of ammo..if that makes any sense.

And I had thought of using sacred pheonix, and while it would be a good way to put some pressure on the opponents for awhile, it would make for a rather slow way to victory unless I had a large number of 4 star or less monsters in my hand to constantly put on the field and hope I could get to their life points. Also Pheonix destroys your own spell and traps also if i remember correctly, meaning traps and continuous spell cards would be blown up rather quickly.

Also ultimate nightmare should be in yubel decks because it lets you go on the offensive instead of waiting and trying to trick the opponents into attacking you.

• 2 months later...

Archived