Who would win - Joey or Syrus?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A similar question was asked about Joey vs Jesse and pretty much everyone whent for Joey. So because Jesse would hammer poor little Syrus in to the ground no contest, I'm pretty sure Joey would win. Hell, he would've beaten Marik if it weren't for the real pain shadow duel thing.

Syrus would get in with some of his switchy swapy cards but then Joey would probably bring out some new Red Eyes Black Dragon strategy and KO him in one shot like Kiabaman vs Jaden in the anime.

My usual response would be "Joey, Hands Down!", however, in this occasion, since Syrus seems to have the Cyber Dragons, aswell as the Cyberdark Deck, personally, my contest deck, customized, so Syrus has a high chance. With Syrus' own deck I think Joey would still win.

My usual response would be "Joey, Hands Down!", however, in this occasion, since Syrus seems to have the Cyber Dragons, aswell as the Cyberdark Deck, personally, my contest deck, customized, so Syrus has a high chance. With Syrus' own deck I think Joey would still win.

As said in the Joey vs Jesse thing' date=' we can assume that Joey updates his deck sooner or later with relevant Red-Eyes cards.

In other words, Redrum.

[/quote']

Fubuki already has more Red-Eyes cards than Jounouchi, and Fubuki lost to Ryo, who's Deck is now pwnage on Sho's part.

Sho still wins.

Not having watched enough GX to know who Fubuki is, I believe you're comparing Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon to Redrum.

Nuff said.

• 2 weeks later...

i think joey would win cuz if you think about it, ounce cy is around joey is older and considered 1 of the best. and im sure that with new times and ten years or so later, joey would have a much better deck by then. but if we are judging how they are from what we saw in the episodes, cyrus would win(as much as i hate him).

Joey was capable of competing with the other best duelists in the world despite being the only one with neither years of experience nor a McGuffin of some sort nor a connection to the ancient past. Syrus was barely capable of competing with ordinary students.

No contest here.

i think joey would win cuz if you think about it' date=' ounce cy is around joey is older and considered 1 of the best. and im sure that with new times and ten years or so later, joey would have a much better deck by then. but if we are judging how they are from what we saw in the episodes, cyrus would win(as much as i hate him).

[/quote']

Well, despite having more losses than Yugi and Kaiba, few others have really beaten Joey before other than them:

1. Against Rare Hunter just before Battle City, because Joey did not know he was going to summon Exodia

2. Against Odion in the Battle City finals, Odion technically won because Joey's victory only came due to Marik wanting Odion to finish Joey off with a counterfeit Ra to prove he is really Marik.

3. Against Marik in the Battle City finals, although you can argue Joey should have won since Marik cheated with the shadow game and using Ra's phoenix powers.

4. Against Mai in the Orichalcos ordeal, but that was more because he suffered too much injuries against Valon already, not to mention he couldn't stand letting her lose her soul.

5. Against Ziegfried in the KC Grand Championships, relatively fair duel, and Ziegfried previaled by only 100LP anyway (besides even Kaiba had a hard time beating him)

Archived