yami vs joey

megakenny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yami: I Summon Obelisk Slifer and Ra on my first turn, even though I need a total of 9 tributes!

Joey: Um, those are illegal in official play.

They then reshuffle their decks.

Yami: I summon 3 Dark Magicians, a Magician of Black Chaos and a DMoC!

Joey: DMoC is banned.

Yami: Screw you...

Yami is disqualified, Joey wins.

Yami: I Summon Obelisk Slifer and Ra on my first turn' date=' even though I need a total of 9 tributes!

Joey: Um, those are illegal in official play.

They then reshuffle their decks.

Yami: I summon 3 Dark Magicians, a Magician of Black Chaos and a DMoC!

Joey: DMoC is banned.

Yami: Screw you...

Yami is disqualified, Joey wins.[/color']

Actually it'd be better if Yami summoned Ra using monster reborn

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm going to look at this as if Atem doesn't have/use the gods, simply because that makes it compleatly one sided if he got them to the field.

Okay. With that said, Joey could win. While he does rely on luck, he also has very good luck. And Joey's luck is what this duel would more than likely come down to. Be it, Time Wizard, a Dice card, or anything like that. If that was the real case, the outcome is impossible to actually predict. But, Atem knows Joey alot better than Joey actually knows Atem. (Due to Joey interacting with Yugi more) This being said, Atem would most likely have a backup plan just incase luck was on Joey's side. Seeing as how Joey tends to get over confadent and may not plan for a counter move, or wouldn't plan for enough counter plays, I feel Atem would end up winning.

well, if the god cards aren't used, Atem certainly would win, but would prevail by 1000LP at the very max.

Since he knows Joey's deck inside out, he would have a lot more spell/trap destroying cards in his deck just in case Joey's dice and coin toss cards fall in his favor.

Then again, Joey may do the same so Atem couldn't get higher powered monsters out.

Joey and Atem dueled three times, with the result of one win, one loss, and one mind-control-influenced draw. However, Joey did better each time; he lost their first duel, drew the second, and won the third. Hence, Joey appears to be stronger.

either that or Atem merely toyed with him a little bit.

That would completely defeat the purpose of the entire True Duelist sub-plot and undermine the reason for which they were dueling in the first place.

So no.

well' date=' if the god cards aren't used, Atem certainly would win, but would prevail by 1000LP at the very max.

Since he knows Joey's deck inside out, he would have a lot more spell/trap destroying cards in his deck just in case Joey's dice and coin toss cards fall in his favor.

Then again, Joey may do the same so Atem couldn't get higher powered monsters out.

[/quote']

If Joey tried to prevent Atem's high powered summons, he does have Swift Gaia to pull out. That's what I mean by his back up plans.

well' date=' if the god cards aren't used, Atem certainly would win, but would prevail by 1000LP at the very max.

[/quote']

If Joey tried to prevent Atem's high powered summons, he does have Swift Gaia to pull out. That's what I mean by his back up plans.

I don't believe Atem ever ran Swift Gaia outside of the Virtual World. He ran the vanilla version in Duelist Kingdom, though.

Anyhow, both are perfectly capable of inventing cards like Ragnarok and Roulette Spider on the spot.

Did you forget out using it at the Ceremonial Duel against Yugi?

He used it in the last duel? I had forgotten that.

And Roulette Spider was only used once during early BC' date=' never saw it again

[/quote']

Precisely. Cards like that are invented on the spot for whatever needs to be done, and, after being activated, vanish from existence. They make stuff up so much that you'd think you were actually watching Star Trek.

Archived