Let's Talk About The Old Days Of Yu-Gi-Oh...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you mean the 4Kids 'original'

TAS - The Abridged Series, a supposedly funny parody of YGO, give me PDU Togepi's GX Parodies any day (the only thing I've been set off and choked on something laughing at it.)

DM had its moments, the last season pwns all over seasons of DM.

Oh you mean the 4Kids 'original'

TAS - The Abridged Series' date=' a supposedly funny parody of YGO, give me PDU Togepi's GX Parodies any day (the only thing I've been set off and choked on something laughing at it.)

DM had its moments, the last season pwns all over seasons of DM.

[/quote']

Oh, Abridged. That is kind of funny. I laugh once or twice per thing. It's really something you need to know a lot of Pop Culture to get. All the abridged rips are terrible, except maybe some of the Naruto and some of the Avatar.

And in case I didn't already post my list/ratings:

1) 5Ds(7.5/10)

2) Original (6/10)

3) GX (5.5/10)

4) Duel Monsters (4/10)

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

And exactly why is GX Season 3 third-to-last?

Does "nonsense" mean anything to you? I spotted plotholes you could fly a 787 through. Also, Yubel and the Supreme King both sucked horribly, with the latter being a disgrace to noble evildoers everywhere.

And exactly why is GX Season 3 third-to-last?

Does "nonsense" mean anything to you? I spotted plotholes you could fly a 787 through. Also' date=' Yubel and the Supreme King both sucked horribly, with the latter being a disgrace to noble evildoers everywhere.

[/quote']

And yet you placed it below Season 1, which was basically a collaboration of fillers.

I liked the first season. No, there weren't rigid rules, but the game was played as if the monsters were real creatures. Those duels took the most strategy. Games were decided by adaptation to circumstances, not whoever had the strongest card. It was more entertaining.

For example, Yugi's duel against Mako was full of creativity and fast thinking. In reality, a monster should be able to attack another card. In the real game this would not work, but it works well in the anime/manga.

My favorite season is actually season 5, because it gets down to the root of the story. And Egypt is cool (except for enslaving the Israelites, but that is irrelevant to this topic).

• 2 weeks later...

Ah the good old days were yuugi went around lighting escaped prisoners on fire, fighting bullies with playing cards, and lets not forget playing a card game that became a popular success and addicition to all of us...I can quite whenever I want *while buying DAD for way to much money*

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I liked the first season. No' date=' there weren't rigid rules, but the game was played as if the monsters were real creatures. Those duels took the most strategy. Games were decided by adaptation to circumstances, not whoever had the strongest card. It was more entertaining.

For example, Yugi's duel against Mako was full of creativity and fast thinking. In reality, a monster should be able to attack another card. In the real game this would not work, but it works well in the anime/manga.

My favorite season is actually season 5, because it gets down to the root of the story. And Egypt is cool (except for enslaving the Israelites, but that is irrelevant to this topic).

[/quote']

The rules of that season was "you can do whatever you want". That's not my idea of strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

5D's: Overly dramatic card games end with people Synchro Summoning from a very limited range of Synchro Monsters and winning.

GX: Overly dramatic card games end with people stacking their decks and pulling ridiculous combos out of nowhere.

DM: Overly dramatic card games end with people inventing new cards to let them win. This gave us DUROH! MONSTA KADO!!, though, so it can be somewhat excused.

Original: People are driven to insanity, burned to death, and killed by scorpion venom.

Original wins.

Archived