Let's Talk About The Old Days Of Yu-Gi-Oh...

the old Yu-Gi-Oh was great. i've been thinking about some of the good moment's of the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

like when Yugi and Joey joined summoned skull and red eyes together to make black skull dragon when they dueled against the paradox brothers to destroy gate guardian.

those were the days...

i want to here your favorite moments of the original Yu-Gi-Oh... 8)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the original was superior to the 'original' you refer to.

Esp YNB Psychotic moments, I mean impaling his hand was a good way of forcing Ryou out. And then when Ryou started to break the dices....and he used the ring to attack him. Now that's good moments lots of them, like when the triplets attacked Yugi (and Seto saved his ass), and Jyonouchi in drag cannot beat that.

the original was superior to the 'original' you refer to.

Esp YNB Psychotic moments' date=' I mean impaling his hand was a good way of forcing Ryou out. And then when Ryou started to break the dices....and he used the ring to attack him. Now that's good moments lots of them, like when the triplets attacked Yugi (and Seto saved his ass), and Jyonouchi in drag cannot beat that.

[/quote']

Yeah! Yami Ryu stuck the points of the Millennium Ring into his chest! He was then his permanent "host"..........

Then he challenged them to a game of "Monster World" and Yugi was a beastmaster, Honda (Tristan) was a magic gunman, Jonouchi (Joey) was a warrior, and Anzu (Tea) was a spellcaster. Yugi met some annoying creatures such as a Kirby-like figure who wouldn't stop saying "Pokii!", and a dragon that said, "Padoo!" They were both idiots.

When you roll the dice, (10-sided dice) you want to get the closest to 0. A 00 is a "Super Critical Hit." Eventually they defeat the DM (Dark Master) Zorc, and vanquish Yami Bakura (not really).

Rules weren't so followed to either.

OCG and TCG rules never apply in the anime as much as people want them too. The anime and manga follow their own rules.

Well for the series they vanquish him, remember the manga had a seemless transition, the anime acted like that series had never happened.

All of the Yugiohs were bad. Except GX which was mediocre' date=' and 5Ds which is okay.

[/quote']

Exact

Opposite

All yugiohs were bad except seasons 1-3

i liked when yugi pulled out exodia in the duel against kaiba. kaiba couldn't believe it. :shock:

Hm... I remember that.

"Draw your last pathetic card, Yugi!"

"My grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, Kaiba! ...Except maybe for Kuriboh. But it also has *without looking at card* the unstoppable Exodia!"

i liked when yugi pulled out exodia in the duel against kaiba. kaiba couldn't believe it. :shock:

Much prefer the time in YGO when he did, at the end of Death-T, probably coz of how cruel Kaiba was to everyone including Mokuba (who he was gonna sentence to a virtual death for losing a Capmon Chess.) and his carer (who after keeping alive for so long, left to die)

All of the Yugiohs were bad. Except GX which was mediocre' date=' and 5Ds which is okay.

[/quote']

Exact

Opposite

Sorry, I just enjoy duels that play by the rules, not completely random decks, and good plot lines not involving Egypt.

Hm... I remember that.

"Draw your last pathetic card' date=' Yugi!"

"My grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, Kaiba! ...Except maybe for Kuriboh. But it also has *without looking at card* the unstoppable Exodia!"

[/quote']

Haha classic TAS...

[/quote']

Exact

Opposite

Sorry, I just enjoy duels that play by the rules, not completely random decks, and good plot lines not involving Egypt.

What you mean basically is that you prefer to have a universal set of rules, that could potential mess with the flow of the duels. Remember Manga rules came first, not the OCG ones. What's wrong with Egypt? Ancient Egyptian is my favourite ancient civilization.

Er TAS....to me is as funny as paint drying.

[/quote']

Exact

Opposite

What you mean basically is that you prefer to have a universal set of rules, that could potential mess with the flow of the duels. Remember Manga rules came first, not the OCG ones. What's wrong with Egypt? Ancient Egyptian is my favourite ancient civilization.

Er TAS....to me is as funny as paint drying.

Pretty much, yeah. But the manga rules are very random, contradict themselves, and are unbalanced. The Egyptians were jerks.

Sorry for my ignorance but what's TAS?

@ OP (Original Poster): Do you mean the Tobei Version that came out in the late 90's, or the other 1st season that came out in this recent decade?

Personally I prefer the tobei version. More life-threatening situations then: "I PLAY KURIBOH TO CEASE THE WORLD STOCKMARKET!!"

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Ah, yes, the glory days. When Yami would set people on fire, and people gored their own hands through.

*reads thread*

Oh, you mean Duelist Kingdom. Well, first I ought to consult my season ranks:

•Original

•5Ds Season 1

•DM Season 2

•GX Season 2

•GX Season 1

•DM Season 5

•DM Season 1

•DM Season 3

•GX Season 3

•GX Season 4

•DM Season 4

Ah. So it's pretty far down. And for good reason, there were no rules, and decks were piles o' random. Well, they still are, but at least they're less random now.

Archived