Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAAAATTT!!

I'm guessing they're from America, because in 4kids mind, america is the only country in the world. The only good thing about these names is that they sound somewhat Swedish or Viking ish. I'll still call them Brave and Harald though

Actually, since this is aimed at kids....and kids believe that America is the only country, the changes make sense. You can't have a non-maincharacter with a cool name.

Actually, since this is aimed at kids....and kids believe that America is the only country, the changes make sense. You can't have a non-maincharacter with a cool name.

Oh, they'll use the word "Nordic" in everything now. They'll also nerf the episode names. It's a shame, Team Ragnarok is my favorite duel in the entire series. All the stupid idiots watching the dub won't know how awesome it was. Also, +1 rep for everyone who notices a card misplacement/mistake.

Watched Episode 123 on Dubhappy this morning.

There can't be twelve episodes where nothing important happens.

For example that thing (I'm assuming Arc Cradle) just suddenly being there. Don't see it appearing or anything, it's just... there... outta nowhere... all of a sudden. And I'm under the impression a lot of scens between the Yliaster mob have been skipped, such as their branding as Team New World.

So, when I get my weeks off from 4th July, subbed episodes from Ep 65 onwards.

Let's see...episode 111: Jack and Yusei go to the Nazca Lines. Jack gets crushed by a strange strategy and storms off.

112: Jack meets Scar-Red Nova (an Earthbound God)'s familiar and starts a duel with the promise of power should he win, and will lose his body if he loses.

113: Jack gets Scar-Red Nova Dragon.

There's a short arc involving Yliaster's method of changing history, but the method itself is removed from history shortly afterwards. The main change is Sherry is sucked into another dimension, and Team New World is seen to be her team's replacement. This is fine to be removed, personally. Aside from the plot hole of Sherry disappearing, and eventually appearing before Zone.

Team Ragnarok debuts and are known to carry 3 "God" Synchros that protected them from the effects of the time alteration. Also, Arc Cradle appears, but only Signers, Team Ragnarok (Rune Eyes), and Team New World can see it.

Dragan duels Jack in an exhibition duel, but the clash of Red Dragon and Thor causes too much damage to the building they're in and it is cancelled.

Team Taiyou's duel with Team 5Ds. This was the team I disliked the most because their backstory was dull, their characters dull, and Sleeping Giant Thud and "old school" cards were the only good part.

And then the Team Ragnarok duel.

I'm guessing they'll change the name of half of the Team ragnarok cards, because Children can't understand a card called "Polar Star Wicked Wof Fenrir(I think that was one of the anime exclusives)"

History Falsification made no sense. At all. It was a plot device. And a terrible one at that.

Most of Team Ragnarok's cards actually exist in RL.

Polar Star is called "Nordic". Like instead of Polar Star Beast Garm, it's Garmr of the Nordic Beasts. Same with the Polar Gods. Instead of Polar God Sacred Emperor Odin, it's Odin, Father of the Aesir.

Fenrir will probably get a name like Fenrir of the Nordic Wolf.

I think Fenrir will be just Fenrir.

300px-FenrirDR2-EN-R-UE.jpg

sas hi

"Nordic Wicked Wolf Fenrir"

I wonder how Jack will play RND? Will he just play it? Because that'd suck. Let me guess, 4kids makes Bruno give Jack Red nova dragon.

That's what the wikia says

and remember there is the other unreleased Nordic: Nordic Wicked Dragon Jörmungandr

RND will appear July 9th,and i think, that RND will be summoned, the same way as it was in the Subs, and remember they might've dubbed the episodes

Since I don't watch the dub (Though I plan to watch Primo's Plan because it's apparently that bad), I just read on the Wiki that "Clear Mind" is called "Perfect Synchronicity."

[spoiler=My response]zetsubouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu_by_slifertheskydragon-d33zkmq.jpg

The meme "Clear Mind" is used in the dub by Z-ONE.

I'm guessing they'll change the name of half of the Team ragnarok cards, because Children can't understand a card called "Polar Star Wicked Wof Fenrir(I think that was one of the anime exclusives)"

Fenrir of the Nordic Wicked.

Since I don't watch the dub (Though I plan to watch Primo's Plan because it's apparently that bad), I just read on the Wiki that "Clear Mind" is called "Perfect Synchronicity."

[spoiler=My response]zetsubouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu_by_slifertheskydragon-d33zkmq.jpg

FANBOY.

RAEG.

ACTIVATE.

CLEAR MIND!

CLUSTERING CRYSTAL DREAMS WILL OPEN THE DOOR TO A NEW EVOLUTION! BECOME THE PATH IT SHINES ITS LIGHT UPON!

ACCEL SYNCHRO!

BE BORN, SHOOTING STAR DRAGON!

SHOOTING STAR DRAGON! ATTACK 4KIDS!

STARDUST MIRAGE!

GAEM.

Archived