Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• SSD summoning scene is butchered.

• Cut to the Team Ragnarok duel.

4Kids, you are desperate. You don't know if you're going to get Zexal or not, so why bother? You skipped one of JACK's greatest Crowing Moment of Awesome, and you skipped Sherry's falling into the wormhole. You. Fail. I don't watch the dub, but I was talking with a friend about this, and I am horrified. I liked Team Taiyou, though I admit they weren't too important.

Oh, and just because:

LUCCIANO! LUCCIANO! LUCCIANO!

On the 'no casualties' line:

'Casualties' means people who are injured, not dead. Deaths would be fatalities. So according to 4kids a tornado can whip through a city and destroy stuff, and not a single person so much as got cut by shards of glass. There's saying 'and everyone lived' and there's the ridiculous. 'No Serious Casualties' would have been better.

they'll change all the card names, to not offend any Vikings make any references to Norse Mythology, I can bet. Also:

Dragan -> Dave

Brave -> Brad

Harald -> Harry

I doubt it. They left Team Unicorn's names alone, for the most part.

They're actually pretty good with preserving names for the most part (except for the Yliaster Trio).

Being the Aki(za) fanboy that I am, I instantly thought "Yay" when I read that XD

Perverted, I know, But I'm being serious =|

Why don't you just marry her.

look at the page on the wikia that has the same title:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_5D%27s_-_Episode_111

lolwikia

They put it in the wrong spot. It's the semi-finals episode not the Red Nova Dragon arc. At this rate they'll be done with 5d's by next year, at the earliest.

Maybe, after all Fall is just around the corner and the new stuff happens during all fall seasons.

but that's less than 3 months away, and because they skipped to ep123 (i hope the skipped episodes got dubbed) there's still 30 episodes after, so if the want to finish before the Fall then they'd have to show more than 1/2 a week or have a marathon of new episodes

either that or they won't finish by fall

Watched Episode 123 on Dubhappy this morning.

There can't be twelve episodes where nothing important happens.

For example that thing (I'm assuming Arc Cradle) just suddenly being there. Don't see it appearing or anything, it's just... there... outta nowhere... all of a sudden. And I'm under the impression a lot of scens between the Yliaster mob have been skipped, such as their branding as Team New World.

So, when I get my weeks off from 4th July, subbed episodes from Ep 65 onwards.

they changed the names of 2 of the members of Team Ragnarok:

Dragan = Dragan (stayed the same)

Brave = Brodor

Harald = Halldor

at least they kept their team name Team Ragnarok

And they kept the team name Team New World.

But how do you think the dubbed version of Akiza and Crow vs. Sherry will be like?

Watched Episode 123 on Dubhappy this morning.

There can't be twelve episodes where nothing important happens.

For example that thing (I'm assuming Arc Cradle) just suddenly being there. Don't see it appearing or anything, it's just... there... outta nowhere... all of a sudden. And I'm under the impression a lot of scens between the Yliaster mob have been skipped, such as their branding as Team New World.

So, when I get my weeks off from 4th July, subbed episodes from Ep 65 onwards.

the 12 episodes got Skipped, and they left a huge plot hole - Jack getting Red Nova Dragon, the Arc Cradle appearing, the falsification of history when the Yliaster becomes Team New World

i hope we get to see them eventually, either that or they never got Dubbed (which i don't think happened)

they changed the names of 2 of the members of Team Ragnarok:

Dragan = Dragan (stayed the same)

Brave = Brodor

Harald = Halldor

WAAAATTT!!

I'm guessing they're from America, because in 4kids mind, america is the only country in the world. The only good thing about these names is that they sound somewhat Swedish or Viking ish. I'll still call them Brave and Harald though

Archived