Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone explain whats so bad about Lester, Primo, Jakob? They're nowhere near as worse as some of the other name changes we've gotten.

Well, the original names, particularly Lucciano and Placido had, to me, a really nice ring. Placido and Lucciano are awesome names, and I loved their characters, too. The English names are so...they just don't have the same sound to me. They're not HORRID names, but they're lacking that special feel. I especially hate the name "Lester".

Also, their dub voices are terrible. Placido's is the best, but the voice doesn't suit the character, and Lucciano..I hate it. Lucciano in the Japanese may have been a bit screechy sometimes, but when I heard English Lucciano speak, I cringe. I couldn't even watch episode 78 (one of my favorites) because the twins' season 2 voices are grating, and Lucciano's voice makes me want to kill something.

So yeah, I'm not fond of what the dub did to the Infinity Trio.

Well, the original names, particularly Lucciano and Placido had, to me, a really nice ring. Placido and Lucciano are awesome names, and I loved their characters, too. The English names are so...they just don't have the same sound to me. They're not HORRID names, but they're lacking that special feel. I especially hate the name "Lester".

Also, their dub voices are terrible. Placido's is the best, but the voice doesn't suit the character, and Lucciano..I hate it. Lucciano in the Japanese may have been a bit screechy sometimes, but when I heard English Lucciano speak, I cringe. I couldn't even watch episode 78 (one of my favorites) because the twins' season 2 voices are grating, and Lucciano's voice makes me want to kill something.

So yeah, I'm not fond of what the dub did to the Infinity Trio.

What if 4kids tries to be clever and makes Aporia's voice like Gogeta's? In other words, they have the Infinity tiro's vioces overlap each other =/ That'd sound awful. I couldn't watch The Twins Vs Lucciano for the same reason... It became a episode where your ears would bleed afterwards. He's Shadow The Hedgehog? MUST MAKE FUN OF THAT IN ABRIDGED.SERIES.

And If I hear from aporia:

"I am neither Primo,Jakob or Lester! I am the one that will defeat/send you to the effing shadow realm/netherworld/where ever"

I will strangle 4kids for making such a terrible DBZ joke.

But then again... They dub DBZ:KAI Horribly...

yea, iirc Placido's dub voice is the same as Shadow the Hedgehog's voice

It is. I think it's the same voice actor who did Atticus/Nightshroud in Gx dub.

The problem is that the voice screams "I'm evil" for a character who isn't "evil". Placido's not righteous, per se, but he's not a blatantly evil person.

I actually sort of liked the dubbed version, if only because they didn't jump all over the city watching everyone's little struggles, instead staying on the duel. This cut out the tornado a great deal.

That was one of my frustrations with rewatching the subbed versions: They just keep jumping the scene. And while some of the scenes had value to them, like Aki rescuing the girl, I didn't care much for it then or now.

That said, the dub dialogue annoys me a little.

Archived