Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

You're probably right. Besides, he would have an Earthbound Immortal for backup.

I'm sorry. But your just not good at guessing plots. In the future I see you being a 4kids commercial voice.

"Will Yusei Ever win!? Is all hope lost!? Find out on the next Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's!"

I'm done.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't gotten past season 2. I cant seem to find any free streaming sights that have past season 2... So I can't even get up to date, and even then I have problems because the last one I saw had some continuity errors... Mostly that When Yusei was dueling with Sherry Lablanc's body guard, he never plays a trap card (Unless I missed it) and then magically has one on the field.

On topic: Were the animators just lazy with 5Ds??? I have noticed 3 characters that are just recycled/redrawn character animations from the first series/GX. Did anyone else find this annoying???

And then they did it just to mess with fans! They have said as much when the Jessie Wheeler line came up in the Dub.

the question "is kaiba even alive?" was a rhetorical question *sigh*

but, either my ears are playing up, or i think Crow's VA has changed (oh i checked the wikia it has)

my favourite quote of the episode was

Jack: "Curse you Crow!"

Crow: HeyJackI'mTakingYourRunnerBYE!!

And you're right, Pete Capella is no longer voicing Crow, he's now voiced over by Tom Wayland.

It's also the dub "Complaint" thread and one of our primary complaints is the dub names suck. Particularly the names they gave Placido, Lucciano, and Jose. So...why did they change Bolger's name to "Bolten"? It's still two syllables. I dont care that much, since Bolger only exists for like 2 episodes and is only mentioned once since.

damn, 1 letter name change, damn using dub names, might as we continue to call him andore

They only had to change the name such that way because the Japanese can't make the "dre" sound; they have to use "dore" instead. Similar case to dragon and doragon. I wouldn't really call it a name change, even though how it was spelled and promounced was changed slightly.

EDIT: Jack said to Leo "and you and Luna count as one person." Finally, someone gets it.

Archived