Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but Eddie's a pro in the English dub. He seems to portray Jack quite well, and with an Australian accent to boot.

Speaking of, Akiza seems to have a few things in common with a Mew Mew Power character: Bridget Verdant. They both were mad at the world for thinking they're alone, they're both voiced by Bella Hudson but Akiza got her friends later than Bridget did.

• 2 weeks later...

bump: Wouldn't it be funny if Mina, Carly and Stephanie got into a big catfight over Jack and one of the guards would come up to them but then the girls would have red glowing eyes and sharp teeth and said GET LOST! all creepy like and the guard would just turn away slowly and scared and ran off?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for either 109, 122, 129, or 134 to get dubbed, because I wanna see what they do with Shooting Star Dragon's summoning.

I already know they'll get rid of "Clear Mind" but I wanna know the script.

Who said they would get rid of Clear Mind? It's kind of necessary for why it fails.

Remember that they didn't mention the words "Handless combo" until the second duel with Kalin? 4kids has been known to drop details that don't seem significant but bring it back when it seems significant again. 4kids will probably throw it in later when Vizor is talking to Yusei. He'll probably say "oh yeah, I forgot to mention you need to have a Clear Mind to pull off the Accel Synchro" or something like that.

In the original it was Shadow Realm. In GX, it was sent to the stars, and in 5d's it's netherworld. What'll be next for Zexal?

That's assuming there are even death references in ZeXal. That show seems to be much more of a kid show, so I'm not sure exactly if life-threatening situations will be used.

But if anything, I'm guessed "banished to the world of the spirits."

The funny thing is that the 5D's english dub translation was quite accurate. In some beliefs, the Netherworld is where people go where they die to be judged, so the Dark Signers wanting to kill the Signers in the Japanese was translated pretty well.

Archived