Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

They kept the scene, but they added random points where the screen just flashed. They didn't block out anything with the flash, they just added flashes for some unknown reason. They also added relatively unnecessary Yusei dialogue.

I'm glad they kept it though. I'm sure they could have easily skipped that scene if they really wanted to.

Oh...... to me they partialy blocked it, but I'm a weird watcher. ._.

I am very glad they didn't take it out, or it would have been worse.

They did add some CRAPPY diolouge into it. This adds to one of my reasons for not waiting for dubs, terrible scripts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...... to me they partialy blocked it, but I'm a weird watcher. ._.

I am very glad they didn't take it out, or it would have been worse.

They did add some CRAPPY diologue into it. This adds to one of my reasons for not waiting for dubs, terrible scripts.

To me, the only script in dub that's particularly terrible is inaccurate script, especially when talking about a duel.

Examples:

• "This card changes your Speed Warrior into a Plant-type monster." (That's a Shield Warrior)

• "Now that your Shield Warrior is under the control of my Rose Tentacles" (You just said that's a Speed Warrior, and it's not under the control of RT).

• Calling Junk Warrior two or three different things before Crow finally calls it Junk Warrior.

• "Now Synchro Striker Unit's boost wears off" (Actually, not, it reduces by 800 points.)

• "Dark Tuning" and later "Wicked Reborn"

• "I shall use my power as the Fifth Signer"

• the mechanical arm is a conduit for the fifth sign.

Personally, I found Akiza's "Crow, I'll cobble something into a boot and kick your butt" line to be rather clever.

To me, the only script in dub that's particularly terrible is inaccurate script, especially when talking about a duel.

Examples:

• "This card changes your Speed Warrior into a Plant-type monster." (That's a Shield Warrior)

• "Now that your Shield Warrior is under the control of my Rose Tentacles" (You just said that's a Speed Warrior, and it's not under the control of RT).

• Calling Junk Warrior two or three different things before Crow finally calls it Junk Warrior.

• "Now Synchro Striker Unit's boost wears off" (Actually, not, it reduces by 800 points.)

• "Dark Tuning" and later "Wicked Reborn"

• "I shall use my power as the Fifth Signer"

• the mechanical arm is a conduit for the fifth sign.

Personally, I found Akiza's "Crow, I'll cobble something into a boot and kick your butt" line to be rather clever.

Yeah, really inaccurate. I'll sometimes get a call from one of my Yugioh crazed buddies asking me what is up with the duels.

No joke, one time my friend called me and asked, "Is that thing with a shield a Speed Warrior or a Sheild Warrior?!" When I had told her it was clearly a SHEILD Warrior, she started ranting about all the other times they screwed up the names.

Even so, inaccurate scripts, but sometimes you can laugh at them.

Ahem, anyone wanna talk about the new model of Duel Disks? They look like six-shooters. Appropriate for wild-west style duels. The barrel of the gun turns into the playing field and the rest, you figure it out.

I'm trying to figure out how in the world it all folds together. It already seems to have the deck inside it (since you just put it on your arm and draw), so I don't know. If this type of duel disk could be made (and be as small as it is in the anime when it is in gun shape), I'd love to have one.

It appears that the "underside" creates the bind to the arm, the gun already has the deck in it and Graveyard slot already there, the handle turns, and the two barrels split into the five zones and field spell zone. The black cover at the top open ups to reveal the monster card zones.

My questions are:

• How do the five card zones appear? How does the Field Card Zone appear?

• How well can the gun possibly hold the cards when they are taken out of the holster? Along the way, you might lose some cards.

Other then these things, the rest of it looks possible and maybe easy to make.

You mean the Barrel of the gun turns into the Monster Card Zones.

1. The gun Barrel is retractable, meaning it can open and close when it switches from gun to duel disc.

Indeed it does, but the technology used to do so might take years to develop. Speaking of which, how are the actual holograms coming along?

You mean the Barrel of the gun turns into the Monster Card Zones.

1. The gun Barrel is retractable, meaning it can open and close when it switches from gun to duel disc.

Indeed it does, but the technology used to do so might take years to develop. Speaking of which, how are the actual holograms coming along?

Yeah, but it's covered by a black cover and the black cover pulls back to reveal the blue zones. If you watch closely you see that small change happen at the very end of the close-up gen transformation sequence.

I know the barrel turns into the monster card zones, but I'm wondering how it suddenly has the material for the card zones between the two barrels. Do they unroll or something?

I don't know about hologram technology. You'd also have to figure out how to make the holograms respond to voice or even be able to have the program read cards that may or may not already be released and for how it reads the cards in general.

It would probably use technology much like the Duel Terminal cards and the Duel Terminal arena, but hologram projectors I don't know.

So, anyone see todays 5d's episodes?

Yep. I can't believe 4kids actually did a censoring of Randomizer okay. They did the Yusei and Kalin dialogue okay as well.

When they showed Gatling Ogre using its FTK effect, they didn't even show it firing the bullets.

Did you see them? Anything else especially noteworthy in those episodes?

Archived