Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. They ruined the suspense of Goodwin turning into a Dark Signer IMO

The Japanese version was a massive WTF! The English version, since the removal of epic background music and dialogue sort of ruined it actually. I was actually hoping the english version would have been slightly more "O_o" than anything

Plus' date=' I thought he grew in size. That giant Rex was a hologram. Did any of you know this?

[/quote']

Yeah. It's easy to tell because the giant figure is kinda translucent and the real him is standing in front of a platform playing a card game.

And that's the one thing I don't get. In the original Yugioh' date=' they kept Mai's clevage, in GX they kept Alexis' breast size the same, why is Akiza the victim of clevage censorship?

[/quote']

It's hard to shrink breast size so they couldn't do much to Alexis'. However it is easy to remove breast lines and since that is what Aki has that is what they did. And really this is just what they do for a lot of characters. Hell, not only do they do it for a lot of characters they've been been doing this for ages, just look at OP.

Angela Rains had it too. A lot of FEMALE characters' date=' but few have slid under the line. Remember Prima (Lorelei) from the Orange Island series? And what is OP?

[/quote']

It's hard to catch everything.

One Piece.

Oh right. A lot of female characters got to keep their bust size in that, even when 4kids edited it. Nami, Nico, Vivi, etc. The only thing they edited was that Blackface character. So which va's from 4kids would voice the Wario looking guy, Sherry, Stephanie, Barbara, Bruno, Leo and Luna's classmates, etc. None of which can be voiced by Blaustein, she's dead. But I wish she were still alive, she could voice Mizoguchi.

• 3 weeks later...

New Update:

According to the Yugioh Wikia, two veteran VA's will return for Yugioh 5d's season 2.

Placido will be voiced by JT Ross. Imagine Marik's voice and apply it to Placido.

Licciano will be voiced by Jimmi Zoppi. If you have seen "Revolutionary Girl Utena", imagine Lucciano sounding like Miki, the blue member of the Student Council.

Archived