Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

*Bump*

Anyone alive.

Anyway, the Jack vs. Carly duel plot may seem familiar. it'll be like Takegami: Guardian of Darkness all over again.

And does anyone but me think that, for the aftermath of the Kalin vs. Yusei rematch they'll use material from the near end of the 1977 animated classic "The Hobbit"?

Thanks Kingdom Neos.

Anyway, what do you think of these for dub episode titles:

The Bigger they ARE (Part 1 of 2)

The Harder they Fall (Part 2 of 2)

Brothers in Arms (Part 1 of 2)

Leader's Fall (Part 2 of 2)

Mark of the Hummingbird (Parts 1 and 2)

Mark of the Lizard (Parts 1 and 2)

The Final Dark Signer (Parts 1 - 3)

The New Order (Parts 1 and 2)

School's Out

The Junk Man Cometh

Token Contracts

Lost Siblings

Akiza's Wild Ride (Part 1 of 2)

The French Femme Fatale (Part 2 of 2)

The WGPX: Open (part 1 of 2)

The WGPX Begins (Part 2 of 2)

The Rose Rider

Jack's Big Mistake

What do you guys think?

Thanks again.

Now the reason behind these titles:

The Bigger they Are reffers to Kalin's cocopac Apu, the Giant.

The Harder they Fall reffers to Kalin's defeat.

Brothers in Arms: The relation between Rex and Roman, and Mark of the Spider has already been used.

Leader's Fall: Roman's defeat.

Mark of the Hummingbird: Jack vs. Carly, Carly's mark.

Mark of the Lizard: Misty vs. Akiza, Misty's Mark.

The Final Dark Signer: Rex vs. Yusei, Crow and Jack.

The New Order: Lazar's new bosses.

School's Out: Duel Academy episode.

The Junk Man Cometh: Crow vs. Scrap Iron Scarecrow guy.

Token Contracts: a play of Taken.

Lost Siblings: The Ghost Siblings episode.

Akiza's Wild Ride: Akiza hitches a ride on Yusei's Duel Runner.

The French Femme Fatale: Sherry's introduction.

The WGPX: Open : Everyone's here.

The WPGX Begins: Yusei vs. Ghost 3.

The Rose Rider: Akiza engages in her first Turbo Duel.

Jack's big mistake: Jack does something really stupid.

What do the rest of you think?

I just want to see the following duels dubbed:

Yusei vs. Roman - I just want to see the scene with Roman's arm to see how they change it.

Team Satisfaction's Last Duel! (Yusei vs. Kalin) - I just mainly want to see the flashback changes.

Jack vs. Carly - I want to see how they'll handle Carly's love for Jack and all that. I also would like to see if they'll be consistent on how they edit the Fortune Ladies.

Goodwin vs. the 3 male Signers, although Crow isn't one until the end of the duel - He'll probably say he wants to rule the world rather than become God. I also want to see how badly they screw up the Sun Dragon and Moon Dragon effects.

I'm not too excited about 53 though.

I want to see the Jack vs. Carly duel too.

And it's not just the dub, I saw the english version of Fortune Lady Fire, there are blue patches where her skin should be, except for her face. If they did that for Fire, imagine what they would do for the other Fortune Ladies. And do you think the Fortune Fairies will be in English too?

I want to see the Jack vs. Carly duel too.

And it's not just the dub' date=' I saw the english version of Fortune Lady Fire, there are blue patches where her skin should be, except for her face. If they did that for Fire, imagine what they would do for the other Fortune Ladies. And do you think the Fortune Fairies will be in English too?

[/color']

I thought in the anime they were censored differently, like putting black on their legs to make it look like they're wearing pants. It's been a while since I've seen it though.

I don't think the Fortune fairies are even in Japan. They're a crap-tacular archetype that relied on one card to be somewhat powerful.

Actually' date=' they were like fortunes for the day. You draw one and presto, there's your fortune for the day. They're more like collectible cards than dueling cards. And about the fortune Ladies in the anime, they did. But in the card game they altered Fire but kept Light the same.[/color']

Actually they altered Light too. Her skin, except on her face and hands, is slightly recolored to make it look like she's wearing more clothes. Also her bust is less pronounced. If you don't believe me, here:

342px-FortuneLadyLightANPR-JP-R.jpg344px-FortuneLadyLightANPR-EN-R-1E.jpg

I also think, on the card, they also covered her up a bit more, mainly on the hips.

Archived