New Archetype! Arrival of the Alchemists!

Blue Medicine retrain!

Love what is done here! I would recommend in place of sending large numbers of alchemist to your GY, you may wish to add them face-up to your ED, same with other effects that would have them discarded: add them from your hand or field face-up to your ED. For a lot of effects that add medicine from your deck to your hand I would suggest deck or GY so you can play fewer garnets. Rainbow can gain 500 ATK equal to medicines with different names in GY and Alchemists with different names in ED. Lastly I like that cards award you for having more LP than opponents, but for the gain LP effects, I think it would be better suited to specifically activating medicine.

Thoughts on these suggestions? I would love to see more of this!

The concept of the Alchemist archetype is great, but that Alchemist Galaxy card is possibly the most broken Field Spell since Nordic Lights. I would recommend a stinging effect such as:

"You must discard one Alchemist card during each Standby Phase in order to keep this card in play."

Also, the thing's indestructible!? I can't MST this thing off my field? Wow, that's even worse than Nordic Lights ngl..

On 6/8/2023 at 11:41 PM, Michael Bowman said:

The concept of the Alchemist archetype is great, but that Alchemist Galaxy card is possibly the most broken Field Spell since Nordic Lights. I would recommend a stinging effect such as:

"You must discard one Alchemist card during each Standby Phase in order to keep this card in play."

Also, the thing's indestructible!? I can't MST this thing off my field? Wow, that's even worse than Nordic Lights ngl..

The combination of "If your LP is higher than your opponent's you cannot take damage" and "this card cannot be destroyed or banished by card effects" is definitely too overpowered. I don't think this deserves indestructability in the slightest. and maybe add an additional condition to the first effect like controlling an Xyz monster. I would lastly suggest removing the final effect all together.

The concept of alchemists searching medicines and relying on activating different medicines to increase lp is cool. But every single alchemist does the exact same thing, and every single medicine does the exact same thing.

It's ok if all alchemists search medicines and can discard for effects, that's a common theme. But the specific effect of discarding should be different for each one. For example Red Alchemist can negate monster effects, blue alchemist can negate spells, purple can negate traps, white can search, black can destroy, etc. The exact effects are up to you but they should be different.

The same applies to medicines. Instead of making them only give 500 lp, they should each do something in addition to that. Like black medicine increases lp and destroys, purple increases lp and damages opponent, etc. Again the effects are up to you.

2 hours ago, KH911 said:

The concept of alchemists searching medicines and relying on activating different medicines to increase lp is cool. But every single alchemist does the exact same thing, and every single medicine does the exact same thing.

It's ok if all alchemists search medicines and can discard for effects, that's a common theme. But the specific effect of discarding should be different for each one. For example Red Alchemist can negate monster effects, blue alchemist can negate spells, purple can negate traps, white can search, black can destroy, etc. The exact effects are up to you but they should be different.

The same applies to medicines. Instead of making them only give 500 lp, they should each do something in addition to that. Like black medicine increases lp and destroys, purple increases lp and damages opponent, etc. Again the effects are up to you.

I kinda was thinking the same thing, except blue medicine would objectively be the worst. I guess this would be fine if Blue Alchemist had the best monster effect of the main deck monsters?

On 6/7/2023 at 9:09 PM, Toadally Awesome said:

These cards are all based off of the obscure spell card, red medicine. (Images are AI generated)

1BlueAlchemist.png.319a3a09b5eb7253ddf76ccfe3eab5e9.png2YellowAlchemist.png.25c6d17467d7e32c0207aa0eae27846f.png3BlackAlchemist.png.cc85b473c4d918ca859840ba1cf602fd.png4RedAlchemist.png.3799bf077f7b085f015c8fa358d1bfaf.png5GreenAlchemist.png.fb5c9d682cbaa72d9347015aa881c3e8.png6OrangeAlchemist.png.dd0d0b522fdaf784b903ef628d43be86.png7WhiteAlchemist.png.a76ddd87e96dbba5eac6a62ea392b909.png8PurpleAlchemist.png.edf82e70b0710759b3aa980f7889df38.png9AlchemistGalaxy.png.8157e4edab509d542179aba3d9c43dcd.png10RainbowAlchemist.png.62a284f7a9ddb964258d930081cbc3f5.png12YellowMedicine.png.f9780a46cfd9fd90a708c9f199460dbd.png14RedMedicine.jpg.d8d9880fad360a048714ca00b6358dc9.jpg16OrangeMedicine.png.963c34c9d69a673f47c294ef23c0de9a.png18PurpleMedicine.png.6b202b7a83ceb827249ad64012ad9567.png

The field is very unbalanced, I don't think it's a good idea to put an infinite absurd effect on a card that can't be destroyed or banished, I think that if you have one the other cannot exist.

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

image.png.47c578174bef5d84495b903be2789059.png

Why?

On 6/8/2023 at 9:41 PM, Michael Bowman said:

Also, the thing's indestructible!? I can't MST this thing off my field? Wow, that's even worse than Nordic Lights ngl.

I can see what you mean here I will nerf and re-release

On 6/8/2023 at 9:41 PM, Michael Bowman said:

I see what you mean I will nerf and re-release

Archived