Attack on Titan Archetype (Spoilers!)

Xickin

Hi! I'm newish to the forum. I like making hypothetical, accurate Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (for some reason, it's really fun lol). So one of my favourite stories of all time is Attack on Titan, thus I made a series of cards depicting the Nine Titans and translated their powers and theoretical strength and stamina into game accurate cards. They look odd at first (not being really viable for the game), I know, but all of the abilities and ATK/DEF have been well thought out.

Constructive criticism only, please! But if there are any questions or curiosities to my decisions, I'm more than happy to answer.

The Armoured TITAN #1 – Reiner Braun.jpeg

The Attack TITAN #1 – Eren Kruger.jpeg

The Attack TITAN #2 – Grisha Yeager.jpeg

The Attack TITAN #3 – Eren Yeager.jpeg

The Beast TITAN #1 – Tom Ksaver.jpeg

The Beast TITAN #2 – Zeke Yeager.jpeg

The Cart TITAN #1 – Pieck Finger.jpeg

The Colossal TITAN #1 – Bertolt Hoover.jpeg

The Colossal TITAN #2 – Armin Arlert.jpeg

The Female TITAN #1 – Annie Leonhart.jpeg

The Founding TITAN #1 – Ymir Fritz.jpeg

The Founding TITAN #2 – Karl Fritz.jpeg

The Founding TITAN #3 – Uri Reiss.jpeg

The Founding TITAN #4 – Frieda Reiss.jpeg

The Founding TITAN #5 – Eren Yeager.jpeg

The Jaw TITAN #1 – Marcel Galliard.jpeg

The Jaw TITAN #2 – Ymir.jpeg

The Jaw TITAN #3 – Porco Galliard.jpeg

The Jaw TITAN #4 – Falco Grice.jpeg

The Warhammer TITAN #1 – Lara Tybur.jpeg

The Molding TITAN – Rose.jpeg

The Monstrous TITAN – Sheena.jpeg

The Principal TITAN – Maria.jpeg

TITAN Token.jpeg

Wall TITAN Token.jpeg

• Xickin changed the title to Attack on Titan Archetype

I'll mention that I'm a fan of this anime as well and that I like how most of the cards have a nice degree of flavorful effects that get along with the actual powers of the Titan's in-anime. I would have liked, tho, that Zeke's Titan had a burn damage effect by Tributing things, to reflect his infamous "baseball" skills. Another thing to mention is that Token Monsters never have effects, they're always treated as Normal Monsters. However, this is the  Casual, so I guess that's we can take it as experimental territory.

Also Welcome to YCM!

On 10/17/2022 at 2:19 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'll mention that I'm a fan of this anime as well and that I like how most of the cards have a nice degree of flavorful effects that get along with the actual powers of the Titan's in-anime. I would have liked, tho, that Zeke's Titan had a burn damage effect by Tributing things, to reflect his infamous "baseball" skills. Another thing to mention is that Token Monsters never have effects, they're always treated as Normal Monsters. However, this is the  Casual, so I guess that's we can take it as experimental territory.

Also Welcome to YCM!

1. Actually, I've also made a bunch of support cards to supplement the lack of certain effects (mostly to avoid texts that are way too long and confusing for one card). I really like that tributing idea though (I may actually edit him to better fit that idea)! For Zeke, I came up with this (amongst others, I just haven't produced them in card format yet):

I chose to make this an Equip Spell because I felt like Zeke doesn't always have ammo to throw (and throwing is only unique to him, as opposed to the Beast Titan itself), and the Cart Titan's ability seemed perfect to compensate for that.

2. Yeah, but I couldn't think of any other type of card that could be used as a near inexhaustible resource, while also being a nuisance to the opponent.

3. Thanks!

• Xickin changed the title to Attack on Titan Archetype (Spoilers!)
  • 2 months later...

I was beginning to look through these, but I had to stop at the Colossal Titans because when they are summoned, they destroy all monsters on the Field, which would include themselves. I'm sure that is unintended, a way to fix this is to change the effect to "When this card is summoned, destroy all other monsters on the field."

Archived