Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Plushie

davness

It's cute, it's menacing, and, most importantly (if you're a Kite fan), it's Galaxy-Eyes support!

228420499_Galaxy-EyesPrimePhotonPlushie(4).thumb.jpeg.46bb637395c46219b896204f8ddbbc22.jpeg

Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Plushie
LIGHT Dragon/Effect - ATK/2000 DEF/1500

This monster is treated as "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" while on the field or in the GY. Cannot attack, unless you control another "Galaxy-Eyes" monster that is originally Level/Rank 8 or higher. While this card is on the field, you can Normal Summon 1 "Galaxy" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn). Once per turn, you can discard one card; Increase this monster's Level to 8 until your End Phase. If this card is used as material for a Xyz Summon of a "Galaxy" monster, you can draw 1 card, also the Summoned monster gains the following effects:
● Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
● Once per turn you can attach one "Galaxy" or "Photon" card from your Deck or GY to this card.

Full-Resolution Artwork

plushie-3.thumb.png.41896d926cda9d8a42ce9ce0238708e7.png

I just added the background to make it look cool on a card.
Original Artwork: https://twitter.com/c_39hope/status/1559024458505285632

I just wanted to drop the very obvious comment: That thing is disgustingly adorable, and I love it.

I don't have much else to say because the card looks pretty much balanced to me. If anything, I think the attaching effect it grants to the Xyz should something you could activate once while face-up on the field, but I don't really know much about Galaxy cards to know whether indefinite material recursion would be broken or not to fully embrace this suggestion. Other than that, perhaps you could let it attack if you just control another Galaxy-Eyes card other than itself, but then again, I think all Galaxy-Eyes cards are high Rank/Level anyway, so...

Regardless, I just came to say it was cute. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge about the archetype will make a better assessment of it, but it personally doesn't look broken to me.

The last effect could be slightly abused to keep the effects of the Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monsters running. Also due to the wording, it's possible that if you overlay two plushies you get to attach up to two materials (and so on). Could be fixed with an HOPT - that way, even if you have three Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monsters on the field all Summoned with Plushie, you could only attach one material to one of them once per turn.

Then again it's also a common strategy to overlay whatever you made right away into a stronger monster - and when you do that, the effects are lost.

About the attack restriction - it's a cute reason: small boi plushie needs a big boi galaxy-eyes to help him attack (Who am I kidding, it's because it's a Level 4 beatstick with 2000ATK!). If we dropped the original Level/Rank condition, we could just Normal Summon two Plushies and we'd be able to attack.

32 minutes ago, davness said:

The last effect could be slightly abused to keep the effects of the Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monsters running. Also due to the wording, it's possible that if you overlay two plushies you get to attach up to two materials (and so on). Could be fixed with an HOPT - that way, even if you have three Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monsters on the field all Summoned with Plushie, you could only attach one material to one of them once per turn.

Then again it's also a common strategy to overlay whatever you made right away into a stronger monster - and when you do that, the effects are lost.

About the attack restriction - it's a cute reason: small boi plushie needs a big boi galaxy-eyes to help him attack (Who am I kidding, it's because it's a Level 4 beatstick with 2000ATK!). If we dropped the original Level/Rank condition, we could just Normal Summon two Plushies and we'd be able to attack.

I actually didn't think about the problems of having multiple monsters with Plushie's inherited effects on the field. In that case, a HOPT definitely solves the issue. I thought that maybe letting it recover materials indefinitely could lead to easy Zeus prep, but I don't think it's fast enough for that to become an issue.

Also, when I said "attack if you control another Galaxy monster other than itself" I meant anything but another copy of itself. Bad wording on my part.

Triple the heads, triple the cuteness! And triple the menace!
But don't be fooled... one blink and they're all grown up!

Neo Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Plushie
Rank 4 LIGHT Dragon/Xyz/Effect - ATK/2500 DEF/2000

1849815850_NeoGalaxy-EyesPrimePhotonPlushie(4).thumb.jpeg.30907cbd523c5396f2afc2b3a21b050d.jpeg

2+ Level 4 "Galaxy" monsters
This monster is treated as "Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" while on the field or in the GY. Gains 100 ATK for every material (max. 5) attached to it. Unaffected by your opponent's monster effects while you control a "Galaxy-Eyes" monster that is originally Level/Rank 8 or higher. If this card battled this turn, and was not destroyed (Quick Effect); You can Xyz Summon 1 Rank 8 or 9 "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as material (transfer it's materials to the Summoned monster). If "Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Plushie" was attached to this card as material, the Summoned monster gains the effect it would have if "Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Plushie" was used as Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of that monster.

Full-Resolution Artwork

plushie-neo-2.thumb.png.72c8fc3db8c7dc96becf485b49b8dc39.png

Original Artwork: https://twitter.com/c_39hope/status/1559157813121028098

The last effect threw me for a loop. One thing I really don't like about Galaxy-Eyes dragons is that they've really similar names...

I actually like this card even more than the vanilla(?) Photon Plushie. It's like an inverse Zeus that gives the [Galaxy-Eyes] monster you overlay on top of it both protection and recursion. Probably the best way to use the plushies, considering you get more immediate materials this way. I'm still on the fence about the indefinite recursion, but once again, if nobody else said anything about it, then it's probably fine.

Can't wait for plushie Tachyon at the pace we're going... Those are Galaxy-Eyes too, right?

2 hours ago, Aníbal Salazar said:

Can't wait for plushie Tachyon at the pace we're going... Those are Galaxy-Eyes too, right?

The artist did make a doodle for Tachyon too! I'll be working on it later.
(There are four main "races" of Galaxy-Eyes: Photon, Tachyon, Dark Matter, Cipher. There's also Afterglow and Solflare which support Photon)

He who can travel faster than light, he who controls time.
The eternal rival that Konami keeps insisting in forgetting.

Plushies of light and time, clash at thy place of birth. Then shall the eyes of the galaxies truly awaken for the first time, opening the gate to a new world of cuteness!

1470205269_Galaxy-EyesTachyonPlushie(2).thumb.jpeg.7fd7976cd51722464ff2f5795fce86d8.jpeg

Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Plushie

2+ Level 4 Dragon-Type monsters
This monster is treated as a "Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon" monster while on the field or in the GY. Gains 100 ATK for every material attached to it (max. 500). At the start of your opponent's Battle Phase, if you control a "Galaxy-Eyes" monster that is originally Level/Rank 8 or higher: you can detach 1 material from this card; your opponent can only attack with monsters that are Level/Rank 4 or below. If this card battled this turn, and was not destroyed (Quick Effect); You can Xyz Summon 1 Rank 8 or 9 "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as material (transfer it's materials to the Summoned monster), also it gains the following effects:
● Unaffected by your opponent's card effects that do not target this card.
● Once per turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Galaxy" monster from your Deck, Extra Deck or GY, but negate it's effects. You can only activate this effect of "Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Plushie" once per turn.

Full-Resolution Artwork

plushie-tachyon-2.thumb.png.532a29ebd80913993462e72c47a5cfe4.png

This one took a tad bit to edit, since I had to extend the wings and add some other stuff
Original Artwork: https://twitter.com/c_39hope/status/1517537633852821511

55 minutes ago, davness said:

He who can travel faster than light, he who controls time.
The eternal rival that Konami keeps insisting in forgetting.

Plushies of light and time, clash at thy place of birth. Then shall the eyes of the galaxies truly awaken for the first time, opening the gate to a new world of cuteness!

1470205269_Galaxy-EyesTachyonPlushie(2).thumb.jpeg.7fd7976cd51722464ff2f5795fce86d8.jpeg

Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Plushie

2+ Level 4 Dragon-Type monsters
This monster is treated as a "Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon" monster while on the field or in the GY. Gains 100 ATK for every material attached to it (max. 500). At the start of your opponent's Battle Phase, if you control a "Galaxy-Eyes" monster that is originally Level/Rank 8 or higher: you can detach 1 material from this card; your opponent can only attack with monsters that are Level/Rank 4 or below. If this card battled this turn, and was not destroyed (Quick Effect); You can Xyz Summon 1 Rank 8 or 9 "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as material (transfer it's materials to the Summoned monster), also it gains the following effects:
● Unaffected by your opponent's card effects that do not target this card.
● Once per turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Galaxy" monster from your Deck, Extra Deck or GY, but negate it's effects. You can only activate this effect of "Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Plushie" once per turn.

Full-Resolution Artwork

plushie-tachyon-2.thumb.png.532a29ebd80913993462e72c47a5cfe4.png

This one took a tad bit to edit, since I had to extend the wings and add some other stuff
Original Artwork: https://twitter.com/c_39hope/status/1517537633852821511

You even made the chant, incredible.

Nothing much to say about the card, since I don't see any flaws with it. Though, considering this is supposed to be the stronger one (I think), maybe you could raise the passive boost per material to 200? I reckon the original having 3500, so that could be be a nice callback.

The second inherited effect is kinda crazy, though, but I'm willing to overlook that because it's too cute.

I don't know any more Galaxy-Eyes cards at this point, so if this somehow continues, I dunno what might come next, if anything at all. Pretty good job so far, regardless.

I promise this shall be the last one 😄
It's effects could also be possibly *very* broken, so watch out!

The one who deals in doubles, the one who scrambles the very meaning of existence! Make your presence known! Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Plushie!

1468153959_Galaxy-EyesCipherPlushie(2).thumb.jpeg.34e6601a517ec685aa2c570b1e93d493.jpeg

Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Plushie
Level 4 LIGHT Dragon/Pendulum/Effect - ATK/2000 DEF/1500

3 <- PENDULUM SCALE -> 9

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Galaxy" and "Cipher" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: you can target 1 "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Plushie" in your Deck or Extra Deck; place it in your other Pendulum Zone. You cannot Summon from the Extra Deck during the turn you activate this effect, except "Galaxy" and "Cipher" monsters. Once per turn: you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it's battle position. You can only activate this effect of "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Plushie" once per turn.

Monster Effect

This card is treated as "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon" while on the field or in the GY. Cannot attack, unless you control another "Galaxy-Eyes" monster that is originally Level/Rank 8 or higher. Once per turn, you can discard one card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has a Level; take control of that target until the End Phase, but while this effect is applied, it has it's effects negated, and it's Level becomes 4. If this card is used as material for a Xyz Summon of a "Galaxy" monster, you can draw 1 card, also the Summoned monster gains the following effects:
● Unaffected by your opponent's Spell effects.
● Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can target one monster your opponent controls or is in the GY; attach it to this card, then you can negate the effects of all cards with the same name as the targeted card until the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Plushie" once per turn.

Full Resolution Artwork

plushie-cipher-3.thumb.png.3b8394d0e23dce566884ea80c7aa43da.png

Original Artwork: https://www.zerochan.net/3166470

• 4 months later...

Archived