Mayakashi Support Cards

KH911

I recently did my first post and it was a massive batch of 15 cards. But then I realized people probably wouldn't want to look at that many cards all at once, so I thought it might be better to release them slowly.

First of all, Mayakashis struggle against non-destruction removal since it not only prevents you from reviving your lower level synchros, but in cases like banishing or bouncing, you lose the ability to revive via other means. This effect was designed in a way to still allow your Mayakashis to be removed so it doesn't feel overbearing for the opponent, but at least guarantee you get to recover (and in some cases benefit) from removal. You'll also notice all the Mayakashi related spells and traps take inspiration from Mayakashi winter to add some GY functionality that could catch your opponent off guard:

3485fecd5ffa.jpg

Mayakashi Mischief

Continuous Trap

Opponent's card effects that would remove a "Mayakashi" monster(s) from the field will instead destroy them.

You can use 1 of the following effects of "Mayakashi Mischief" once per turn, and only once that turn:

- Send this card and 1 face up "Mayakashi" monster from your field to the GY, then draw 1 card

- Banish this card and 1 zombie monster from your GY: Target 1 "Mayakashi" monster in your GY and special summon it.

Here's the next card I want to reveal:

Another issue Mayakashis have is that your opponent can stop you from reviving by banishing a key card like Yoko from the GY. As a result, to use Mayakashis effectively you need to run other cards that can revive your synchros such as Mezuki, monster reborn, call of the haunted, etc. But all of these cards are one time uses and cannot be searched (except Mezuki using Yuki-Musume), which is nowhere near reliable. This card has a very simple effect, but the fact it's searchable AND can be used on every turn means that opponents with no solution to this will have to deal with the constant assault of Mayakashi synchros and their corresponding effects:

b0be2fcb74f0.jpg

Mayakashi Revival

Continuous Trap

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can special summon 1 zombie synchro monster from your GY. You can only use this effect of "Mayakashi Revival" once per turn.

You can use 1 of the following effects of "Mayakashi Revival" once per turn, and only once that turn:

- Send this card and 1 face up "Mayakashi" monster from your field to the GY, then draw 1 card

- Banish this card and 1 zombie monster from your GY: Target 1 "Mayakashi" monster in your GY and special summon it.

I've been thinking about how Mayakashis are missing a field spell, and seeing how field spells nowadays tend to be OP (which makes sense considering you can only have one), this is what I was able to come up with for Mayakashi:

It's obvious why the play effect is there, being able to revive a Mayakashi for no cost is a no brainer. The real spicy part is it's continuous effects. By allowing you to special summon banished Mayakashis as if from the GY means you can use cards like monster reborn, call of the haunted, Mezuki, and even their own revival effects to revive banished Mayakashis (not to mention this card's play effect as well!). In addition, reviving Mayakashis lets you bounce cards, which gives Mayakashis their much needed non-destruction removal. Finally, a field spell is not complete without a floating effect, so i gave it something that isn't on any other Mayakashi card.

35b703ad5666.jpg

Mayakashi Realm

Field Spell

If this card is activated: Special summon 1 "Mayakashi" monster from your GY. If this card is removed from the field, you can set 1 "Mayakashi" spell/trap from your deck or GY. You can only activate 1 "Mayakashi Realm" per turn.

While this card is face up on the field:
- Your banished "Mayakashi" monsters can be special summoned as if they're in the GY
- If a "Maykashi" monster is special summoned from the GY, return one card on the field to the hand

At first I did all 14 cards at the same time, which was probably overwhelming for most people, so I decided to release them one at a time. That was a bit too tedious, so i'm gonna post the last 2 spell/trap cards, and then the main deck monsters will be together in one post, and after that the synchro monsters:

51daf2168243.jpg

Mayakashi Beatdown

Continuous Spell

Increase the ATK and DEF of monsters you control by 200 for every zombie synchro monster in your GY with a different name.

You can use 1 of the following effects of "Mayakashi Beatdown" once per turn, and only once that turn:

4990a60faea6.jpg

Mayakashi Grace

Continuous Spell

"Mayakashi" monsters special summoned from the GY cannot have their effects negated.

You can use 1 of the following effects of "Mayakashi Grace" once per turn, and only once that turn:

Archived