Phoenix of the Eternal Flame

hello Broadway

It's a contact fusion burn deck that revolves around getting out The Eternal Flame and then swarming the board with phoenix monsters and phoenix fusions. It's still a work in progress but I wanted to share what I had so far. I'm not great at making cards so any feedback would be much appreciated. The text below the cards might differ slightly from the cards because I made a couple mistakes I didn't catch while making the cards

The Eternal Flame (1).jpeg

The Eternal Flame

(This card is treated as an eternal ember and eternal ashes card)
The activation of this card can't be negated and for the rest of the turn your opponent can't target phoenix cards you control with card effects. whenever you special summon a phoenix monster from your extra deck or graveyard add 1 ash counter to this card and deal 300 damage to your opponent.  

You can remove 3 ash counters from this card  to special summon 1 phoenix monster from the graveyard or target one banished phoenix and add it to your hand. twice per turn you can sacrifice a phoenix monster, if you do add 1 ash counter and deal damage to your opponent equal to it's level x 300.

If this card or a "phoenix of the eternal" monster you control would be destroyed by the effect of a card your opponent controls you can remove 2 ash counter to negate that effect and if you do deal 300 damage to your opponent. During the end phase if this card has any ash counters on it deal damage to your opponent equal to the number left x 300. You can only control one "The Eternal Flame".

Baby phoenix of the eternal spark, felt.jpeg

Baby phoenix of the eternal spark, felt

(this card is treated as an "Eternal Ember" monster for the fusion summon of phoenix monsters)
If you summon an "Eternal Embers" monster you can special summon this card from your hand and if you do deal 200 damage to your opponent. If this card is used to special summon a phoenix monster from the extra deck draw 1 card.

If this card is in the graveyard you can banish it add 1 eternal embers card  from your deck to your hand or you can remove 2 ash counters from anywhere on the field and banish it to draw two cards.

phoenix of the eternal smoke.jpeg

Phoenix of the Eternal Smoke

1 "Eternal Ember" monster + 1 "Eternal ashes" monster
Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by Tributing the face up materials (you do not use "polymerization"). When you special summon this card you can send one face up spell or trap from the field to the graveyard and then you may put up to two ash counters on any card that already has ash counters on it but your opponent gains 400 life points for each counter added this way.

When you remove ash counters from a card while this face up card is on the field deal 200 damage to your opponent.  Once per turn (quick effect) you can banish this face up card to add 1 ash counter to any card that already has ash counters and then deal 400 damage to your opponent, however you can not special summon for the rest of turn except for "phoenix monsters"

phoenix of the eternal ember, brema.jpeg

Phoenix of the eternal embers, Brema

you can discard a phoenix card to special summon this card from your hand, and if you do you can add 1 baby phoenix from you're deck to your hand. Whenever you special summon a baby phoenix card deal 200 damage to your opponent.

If this card and a "Baby Phoenix" card were used as materials for the fusion summon of a "phoenix of the eternal" fusion monster you can draw a card, you can only activate this effect of "Phoenix of the Eternal Ember, Brema" once per turn.  you can banish this card from your graveyard and remove 4 ash counters from anywhere on the field to special summon up to 2 banished baby phoenix monsters, but their effects are negated until your next standby phase.

phoenix of eternal banishment.jpeg

Phoenix of Eternal Banishment

1 "phoenix of the eternal ashes, Shao" + one other phoenix monster
Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by Tributing the face up materials (you do not use "polymerization"). When this card is fusion summoned banish up to two cards from your opponents graveyard, and the top of your opponents graveyard and then deal 200 damage to your opponent for each card they banished.

when a phoenix card is removed from play deal 200 damage to your opponent and add one gift counter to this card. once per turn you can remove 4 gift counters from this card to add 2 ash counters to target card that already has an ash counter on it.

phoenix of the eternal ashes, shao.jpeg

Phoenix of the Eternal Ashes, Shao

you can remove 1 ash counter from the field to special summon this card from your hand. if this card is special summoned this way you can target one banished phoenix monster and put it into the graveyard, but the targeted card can't activate  any effects in the graveyard until the beginning of your next turn.

If this card was used to special summon a phoenix monster from your extra deck, you may  target a card in your opponents graveyard and banish it. if your opponent has no cards in their graveyard inflict 500 points of burn damage instead. if this card is special summoned by the effect of a phoenix monster, you can banish up to two cards from your graveyard to put 2 ash counters on target card

baby phoenix of the eternal coal, lino .jpeg

Baby Phoenix of the Eternal Coal

(this card is treated as an "Eternal Ashes" monster for the fusion summon of phoenix monsters)
If you control an "Eternal Ashes" monster you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is special summoned by it's own effect you can either add 1 eternal flame spell card from your deck to your hand or add 1 ash counter to target "eternal flame" spell card.

if you have more than 3 ash counters on the field and this card is sent to the graveyard for the special summon of a phoenix fusion monster deal 500 damage to target opponent. You can banish this card from the graveyard and remove 2 ash counters to special summon one Eternal Ash monster from your deck.

You do know there's cards like Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer and Knightmare Phoenix which those 2 monsters ALSO HAVE Phoenix in their name so what do you say to that?

ALSO Will YOU PLEASE PUT SOME GOD DAMN CARD TEXT under those cards YOU POST PLEASE GOD PLEASE DO IT its a kind thing to do here at YCM newbie!

Also Welcome to YCMaker here at YCM if we post a card we put the card's TEXT UNDER the IMAGE! also enjoy your stay also feel free to ask us Questions.

Eternal Flame is super cool. Seems really versatile and pretty balanced.

Baby Phoenix Felt seems to work pretty well.

Adding Ash Counters to any card seems like a slight stretch, as without certain cards they are useless on some cards, but it still works.

After reading through all of these cards, I've noticed the insane amount of damage you can deal to your opponent. There is definitely potential for a combo here!

I'd have to playtest the cards out myself to see if it was too powerful, but I'm just going to guess that the combo is slightly above average. Good Phoenix cards!

thanks for the feed back, yeah it is supposed to be a burn combo deck, i'm thinking of adding some more cards but good point about the ash counters, I might make it so that eternal ash cards can have ash counters on them. I think I might add a spell to search out eternal flame just to make it a bit easier to get and like a big boss fusion that requires all 4 different phoenix cards but my current design for the boss monster is absolutely just an OTK waiting to happen. 

In addition to what the peeps are saying, I'd like to suggest that, whenever you make an archetype, you better work with an invented name. It's your call how you want to build the name, in most cases it's a pun or two words that are unlikely to be used somewhere else. This is because yeah, like Zama said, there are other cards with "Phoenix" in their name, and believe it or not the DO count as part of your archetype if you name it "Phoenix", even if they don't work along with it.Flower Cardian Paulowia the Phoenix, The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immorta Phoenix (lol) , Immortal Phoenix Gearfried, heck, even Marianne the True Dracophoenix would count, among others. Having said that, you can take the route of calling them all something like "Rising Phoenix" or "Flamenix " or whatever name you come up with, and always remember that if you mention an archetype in the card's effect, you gotta put it in quotation marks. That way, the card's name got to have those exact same letters between the quotes to count as part of the archetype.

Anywho, welcome to YCM @hello Broadway, enjoy your stay

12 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

You do know there's cards like Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer and Knightmare Phoenix which those 2 monsters ALSO HAVE Phoenix in their name so what do you say to that?

ALSO Will YOU PLEASE PUT SOME GOD DAMN CARD TEXT under those cards YOU POST PLEASE GOD PLEASE DO IT its a kind thing to do here at YCM newbie!

Also Welcome to YCMaker here at YCM if we post a card we put the card's TEXT UNDER the IMAGE! also enjoy your stay also feel free to ask us Questions.

Will you stop your shouting caps thing? It's completely unnecessary. Nor is necessary to swear or call people newbies (even if they are lol).

Just now, hello Broadway said:

I actually already changed "phoenix" to "phoenix of the eternal". It might not be the most eloquent solution but it works just fine and you no longer have a protected bombardment phoenix, but thanks for the comment. 

Yep, but you ought to change the wording accordingly. Everywhere when you said Phoenix monster, you gotta say "Phoenix of the Eternal" monster for this to work.

:7613_key:

1792237477_TheEternalburning(3).thumb.jpeg.c2ce644209bc697f145d894d4a7c7bfd.jpeg

The Eternal burning

(This card is treated as an eternal flame card)
if you don't control The Eternal Flame you can banish 1 card from your hand, if you do activate The Eternal Flame from the deck.  (Quick effect) you can banish this card from your graveyard, add one eternal flame spell from your deck to your hand, you can only activate this effect of "The Eternal Burning" once per turn.

Alternative (Quick effect) you can banish this card from the graveyard, if you do banish target card in either players graveyard and deal 300 damage to your opponent. If the card banished this way was a "Phoenix of the Eternal" card add 1 ash counter to target card that already has an ash counter on it.

I made this to just incase I decide to make more eternal flame spell cards, if I don't ill change the effect to something like remove an ash counter and banish this card to draw a card or something like that

ok I might have I gotten a little carried away trying to boost consistency

The Eternal burning (2).jpeg

Ooh new card! Gimme a second while I read this, I'll edit my comment below with what I think.

I don't mean to be rude, but in my opinion, this is way too simple, and way too easy.

Compared to all of the other cards in this Archetype, this card literally just plays the spell from your deck. If you insist on keeping it this simple, there should at least be some form of Payment for such a powerful effect (considering how powerful The Eternal Flame itself is), such as discarding cards from the hand, paying LP to activate the spell, etc. In my opinion, this card needs a rework.

An idea for a rework:

This card can only be activated while you control any "The Eternal Flame" monster. You can pay 250 LP to activate this card; add 1 "Eternal Ember" and/or "Eternal Ashes" card to your hand.

(An Extra thing here if you still want it to play immediately:

You can pay an additional 250 LP; Special Summon/Play/Set the card you have just drawn from the deck, ignoring any conditions for/against playing such cards.)

You can make your own rework if you want.

there definitely should be some cost to this effect yeah, ill probably tweak a bit later but I made these cool new fusions that I love. 

1177712617_Babyphoenixoftheeternalflare.thumb.jpeg.5820848bc5b3859983bed4bc0595c7c7.jpeg

Baby Phoenix of the Eternal Flare

1 "phoenix of the eternal spark" monster + 1 "phoenix of the eternal coal" monster
 Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by Tributing the face up materials (you do not use "polymerization"). when this card is fusion summoned  you can deal 400 damage to your opponent. if this card is used for the fusion summon of a "phoenix of the eternal" draw 1 card. You can banish this card from the graveyard  and if you do you can special summon one level two or lower "Phoenix of the eternal" that was banished or in the graveyard.

I'm really proud of this because it's effects both synergize with both of the ultimate fusions that it brings out.

238458829_ultimatephoenixoftheeternalflamenuturer.thumb.jpeg.de5ec6cce49e61ba896f753ac0fb4053.jpeg

Ultimate Pheonix of the Eternal Flame, nurturer

1 "Phoenix of the Eternal Ashes, Brena" + 1 "Baby Phoenix of the Eternal Flare"
Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by Tributing the face up materials (you do not use "polymerization"). when this card is fusion summoned  you can special summon up to 1 banished "Baby Phoenix" monsters back to your hand. When you play a baby phoenix deal 300 damage to your opponent. When you banish a baby phoenix add 1 ash counter counter to any card that already has ash counters on it. If you use a "Baby Phoenix" as a material for the fusion summon of a "Phoenix of the Eternal" fusion monster while this faceup card is on the field you can remove 1 ash counter from this card to draw 1 card, you can only activate this ability once per turn. 

I decided to elaborate on the baby phoenix effects, don't really know why but I wanted to so I did

2102032606_ultimatephoenixoftheeternalflameexile.thumb.jpeg.86279517a9148bd310933cf8dd8065a8.jpeg

Ultimate Phoenix of the Eternal Flame, Exile

1 "phoenix of the eternal banishment" + 1 "baby phoenix of the eternal flare" 
Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by sending the face up banished materials to the graveyard (you do not use "polymerization").If this card wasn't fusion summoned destroy this card. If this card is fusion summoned you can banish up to two cards from each of your opponents field, graveyard, and the top of your opponents deck and banish 1 card at random from your opponents hand. then deal 200 damage to your opponent for each banished card they control. whenever you banish a phoenix monster put an ash counter on target card that already has an ash counter on it and deal 200 damage to your opponent for each one.

ATK/3000 DEF/2600

the card is really powerful, and it works really well with nurturer but it is quite difficult to bring out because there isn't really an easy way to banish Phoenix of the Eternal banishment, but if yopu manage to get both of theses cards out at the same time you'll gain some serious advantage and quick

I really should make a few more main deck monsters though so you can actually make more than two fusion monsters a turn 

Reading these cards now. I'll edit a response below.

Baby Phoenix of the Eternal Flare:

Gosh, I just LOVE these cards. They go together so well with each other. With "Flare," did you mean "Flame"? If "Flare" is purposeful, just ignore this and don't respond to this part. I know from experience that typos can be devastating when they happen. This card is very balanced and just great. You don't have to do this, but I think you should actually BUFF one of the effects (I don't say that often in general) - the second effect, in my opinion, should have a more positive effect than just drawing 1 card. The player deserves to be rewarded for the tribute of this Fusion Monster in a Fusion Summon, and I think buffing this effect to benefit the player more would fulfill that need. If you want to do the buff, I'll leave it up to you, but if you need any ideas, I'd recommend trying to have a buff that benefits the card you have just Fusion Summoned.

Ultimate Phoenix of the Eternal Flame, Nuturer

This monster's image is totally intimidating - I love it. It strikes fear into the heart of your opponent!

So, bringing a Baby Phoenix out of banishment and back to your hand is a really cool effect - I don't think it's considered a Special Summon, though, or a summon at all, really. There are a few effects where you might want to specify that they only apply while this monster is on the field, face-up. I think you can find those. Also, was "Ash Counter Counter" supposed to be "Ash Counter"? Correct me if I'm wrong here, just confusing. If it is correct, though, you should probably change the name - hearing "Counter" twice is pretty confusing. The effects of this monster are really good and balanced - good card!

Ultimate Phoenix of the Eternal Flame, Exile

Opponent: "Wait, why do I hear Boss Music? . . . wait . . . H O L Y -"

Boss Monster time! Or, at least, I consider this monster kind of a boss monster. It seems to be stronger than Nurturer, and it's just as hard to summon, too.

Immediate Problem: You don't specify that the Special Summon method from the Extra Deck (the only summoning method for this card, too) is considered a Fusion Summon. I bet you can tell why this is a problem: the monster is immediately destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, since it's technically been Special Summoned and not Fusion Summoned, and in this format, you can't Fusion Summon the monster normally, or summon it in any other way. You'll want to fix that immediately, no offense (it kinda ruins the card). Disregarding all that, the first effect from summoning is balanced but amazingly brutal to your opponent; it also gives the player a variety of choices on what cards they want to banish, making it EXTREMELY useful. I like how it's not imbalanced, though. Moving onto the second effect, when you say "...and deal 200 damage to your opponent for each one.", do you mean for each Ash Counter on the targeted card, or all Ash Counters on the field? I'd recommend the targeted card for fairness and balance, but regardless, please specify there.

This was great! I AM SORRY FOR WRITING AN ESSAY ON YOUR CARDS LOL. I just had a lot to say about these cards. They heavily improve this Archetype, being some pretty amazing cards themselves! Great job!

• 4 weeks later...

I was offline for a bit too, but thanks. I remeber thinking about how fun it would be to play a gren maju with this, so I made a fusion monster for it since disires is now at one

1690973852_PheonixofTheeternalFlameMaju.thumb.jpeg.8651eb7cd9f6efc6c12669971026c352.jpeg

2 "Phoenix of the eternal monsters"
This card can't be fusion Must be special summoned (from the extra deck) by sending the face up banished materials to the deck (you do not use "polymerization").  when this card is special summoned you may remove 1 ash counter from anywhere on the field, if you don't banish this card and all other cards you control. This cards attack and defense is equal to the number of banished cards x 500. (Quick effect) during main phase 2 you can tribute this card; if you do deal damage to your opponent equal to half this cards attack. This effect can't be activated the turn this card is summoned. 

just imagine that looks like a pheonix

Archived