[BACH] Guardian Chimera

https://ygorganization.com/thoughyoucanmakeitwitheatosgrarlandkayest/

image.png.14c8640566be9f6425f87c968a510d1b.png

BACH-JP040 Guardian Chimera
Level 9/DARK/Beast/Fusion/Effect
3 monsters with different names
Must first be Fusion Summoned using only monsters in your hand and field as material (min. 1 from each). You can only use the 1st effect of card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Fusion Summoned by a Spell effect: You can draw cards equal to the number of monsters used as material from the hand, and if you do, destroy cards your opponent controls equal to the number of monsters used as material from the field.
(2) Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects while you have “Polymerization” in your GY.
3300/3300

Was going to point out the incompatibility with Super Poly as well but thought it's only fair due to the flexibility of the material requirements, and then I read the effect and realized it doesn't need the compatibility, damn making a +3 in the form of draws and card pops sounds really good. Well, technically a +2 since you spend the Spell effect but that should be still ok. And that's assuming at least some materials will be floaty or want to hit the GY for more pluses.

Yeah first line in and one can't help but think "awww maaaaan, THIS close to turning Super Poly into a quick play Sphere Mode".
Interesting nonetheless. With Super Poly you are investing 5 cards (discard included) but are getting a Spell Speed 4 Summon with a decent body and the choice of "pop 2, draw 1" OR "pop 1, draw 2" so ultimately it is like a -1. For the ability to respond to an action for disruption or to have a material dodge a bullet anyways, I think the control it can offer is pretty neat. Extra kudos if you use controlled monsters via any method under the sun (Mind Control, Crackdown, something absoved via Thousand-Eyes after an Instant Fusion play, etc).

It's sufficiently good, though from how badly it seems to want you to play regular poly for that last effect.... I wonder how often that'll really end up being the method of Summon.... I don't think it's worth it next to the Super Poly play and Greater Polymerization... and it's a shame it can't use Flash Fusion, Fusion Substitute or Rapid Trigger for more choices.
Heck in general, I get the feel all the Miracle Fusione-like cards are worse every year somehow.

12 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Yeah first line in and one can't help but think "awww maaaaan, THIS close to turning Super Poly into a quick play Sphere Mode".
Interesting nonetheless. With Super Poly you are investing 5 cards (discard included) but are getting a Spell Speed 4 Summon with a decent body and the choice of "pop 2, draw 1" OR "pop 1, draw 2" so ultimately it is like a -1. For the ability to respond to an action for disruption or to have a material dodge a bullet anyways, I think the control it can offer is pretty neat. Extra kudos if you use controlled monsters via any method under the sun (Mind Control, Crackdown, something absoved via Thousand-Eyes after an Instant Fusion play, etc).

It's sufficiently good, though from how badly it seems to want you to play regular poly for that last effect.... I wonder how often that'll really end up being the method of Summon.... I don't think it's worth it next to the Super Poly play and Greater Polymerization... and it's a shame it can't use Flash Fusion, Fusion Substitute or Rapid Trigger for more choices.
Heck in general, I get the feel all the Miracle Fusione-like cards are worse every year somehow.

At the very least 1 card has to be from your hand and from your board, so Super-Polymerization cannot be used to summon this, given that it cannot fuse from your hand.

9 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

At the very least 1 card has to be from your hand and from your board, so Super-Polymerization cannot be used to summon this, given that it cannot fuse from your hand.

Oh I was under the impression it could, I guess it's been too long since I last used that somewhere....
That means there is virtually no way to make this quick play.... huh... wait, how does the "only from X and Y place" clause in these sorts of effects interact with "Chain Material"?
Still not super great even if it ends up functioning but still am curious on if can affect it.

That lowers the usefulness of the card quite a bit all in all hmmm.....

13 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Interesting. It has a summoning condition that allows you to Summon it with "Greater Polymerization", but it has an effect that warrants using regular Poly...

You should still use Greater Poly since it's not like it's hard to get normal Poly in the grave by other means.

Archived