Magigirl

WhiteThunder777

Magigirl is an archetype that consists of Union Monsters that focus on contact fusion by sending Union monsters to the GY. The cards are being updated on DuelingBook since Duel Portal is no longer avaliable.

Oh instead on replies you can edit your main post to post the new cards instead on replies like this. its also inconvinient for all user to scroll back-n-forth to review cards especially to those that only acccess this site on small mobile screen

obligatory promotional content: try our new and improved beta card maker! 

Papaya: extend and search stuff. pretty good but balance with good amount restriction. the only complaint is that since both its summon and gimmick effect only usable once anyway you can remove the "can only summon x once per turn" and just upgrade the HOPT to "You can only use each effect of x once per turn"

Echo: recover stuff which is good. and then the equip form help to deal damage while also provide temporary protection

Summer: basically Papaya but search better card, overall good stuff

Lovely: union fusion! exciting premise! for start its fusion requirement is pretty fair the pop effect is really good on top of the decent stat. its just given the effort to summon this card the Union effects is pretty overshadowed for having slightly bigger stat boost and same temporary immunity. im expecting more to be honest 

Princess: now we talking, it helps to equips the union you sent to GY and has better version of the union effect which while still temporary for destruction but at least now it has perpetual Kaiju protection. while im not gonna lie that this card (and the fusion in general) still need a bit more buff, but at least this is the show of proper direction

Unlovely: yes! spicy! it has built in Super-Poly. same good union manipulation just like princess. and while losing anti-kaiju kinda hurts the replacement of double attack make up for it

Invoke: pretty standard fusion spell that can use the union in spell/trap zone. the important thing is that its searchable thus decent

Ocean: stat boost, extend, and recovery in same package that can be activated at the same turn. good stuff

Retribution: kinda costly to be honest. sure its pretty much negates everything and searchable but its still trap card which inherently slow if not require planing. and the purpose of counter trap is to retaliate your losses. so while it im not suggesting making it completely free at least you can tone down the cost so that it dont further sacrifice card advantage things like LP payment like solemn judgement OR..... many of archetype counter trap FAVORITE cost...simple control archetype member. that being said you can keep the sending union on spell/trap as gimmick for more powerful trick: activation from your hand now that's good trap for modern game

Indeed.  The thing about Magigirl is that to me, it's like a lab I can play with for custom cards.  At first, I only made customs because I cared only about winning, and it got me nowhere.  Now as I grew wiser, I saw that customs is about experimentation and having fun, while at the same time, balancing cards.  

On 8/31/2021 at 6:56 AM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Oh instead on replies you can edit your main post to post the new cards instead on replies like this. its also inconvinient for all user to scroll back-n-forth to review cards especially to those that only acccess this site on small mobile screen

obligatory promotional content: try our new and improved beta card maker! 

Papaya: extend and search stuff. pretty good but balance with good amount restriction. the only complaint is that since both its summon and gimmick effect only usable once anyway you can remove the "can only summon x once per turn" and just upgrade the HOPT to "You can only use each effect of x once per turn"

Echo: recover stuff which is good. and then the equip form help to deal damage while also provide temporary protection

Summer: basically Papaya but search better card, overall good stuff

Lovely: union fusion! exciting premise! for start its fusion requirement is pretty fair the pop effect is really good on top of the decent stat. its just given the effort to summon this card the Union effects is pretty overshadowed for having slightly bigger stat boost and same temporary immunity. im expecting more to be honest 

Princess: now we talking, it helps to equips the union you sent to GY and has better version of the union effect which while still temporary for destruction but at least now it has perpetual Kaiju protection. while im not gonna lie that this card (and the fusion in general) still need a bit more buff, but at least this is the show of proper direction

Unlovely: yes! spicy! it has built in Super-Poly. same good union manipulation just like princess. and while losing anti-kaiju kinda hurts the replacement of double attack make up for it

Invoke: pretty standard fusion spell that can use the union in spell/trap zone. the important thing is that its searchable thus decent

Ocean: stat boost, extend, and recovery in same package that can be activated at the same turn. good stuff

Retribution: kinda costly to be honest. sure its pretty much negates everything and searchable but its still trap card which inherently slow if not require planing. and the purpose of counter trap is to retaliate your losses. so while it im not suggesting making it completely free at least you can tone down the cost so that it dont further sacrifice card advantage things like LP payment like solemn judgement OR..... many of archetype counter trap FAVORITE cost...simple control archetype member. that being said you can keep the sending union on spell/trap as gimmick for more powerful trick: activation from your hand now that's good trap for modern game

It's good to experiment with your cards before posting them here.

• 2 weeks later...

Coral&mer- I wish their tribute to destroy was a quick effect.

Pine- It's currently impossible to use pine's first effect as you won't be getting attacked during your mainphase.

During your Main Phase: You can activate 1 of these effects;
● When a monster your opponent controls attacks a "Magigirl" monster you control: You can change the attack target to this card, and perform damage calculation.

easy fix to the above 3 is replace the beginning clause with "you can only use one effect of "" each turn and only once that turn"

Castle- I wish the protection cost 3 counters and also worked on the castle and continuous spell the max was 12 the adding cost 2 for balancing (remember unequipping counts as special summoning)

Retribution- I simply wish this also worked on monster effects.

Archived