A Silent Ace Monster for Little Yugi | Silent Majesty [PAJ]

PrimeAceJohn

NEAQyXs.png?1

Silent Majesty
LIGHT | [Level 7]
[Fairy / Effect]
(This card is always treated as a "Silent Swordsman" and "Silent Magician" card.)
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by shuffling 2 other monsters with the same Attribute, but different Types from your hand and/or field into your Deck. When a Spell is activated: You can negate the activation. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's control is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 Normal Monster, 1 "Silent Swordsman" monster, or  1 “Silent Magician” monster from your hand or Deck, except "Silent Majesty", ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use each effect of “Silent Majesty” once per turn.
ATK/ 2500   DEF/ 2100

TRIVIA: 
- This card can be seen as a (possible) definitive ace monster for Yugi Muto (little Yugi).
- This card has the same Level, ATK, and DEF as Yugi's Ancient Egyptian incarnation's, (Pharaoh Atem), ace monster - Dark Magician. 
- This card is the upgraded version of Silent Paladin. 
- This card visually represents a combination of different aspects from Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician. 
- This card's weapon is a combination of Silent Swordsman's sword and Silent Magician's staff.

Artwork is formed/designed by me
Edits are done by me
CREDITS/ELEMENTS GATHERED:

Konami, Google Images
Series 10 Template Creds: 9558able

I'm on the fence with this one. One one hand, it is expensive to Summon, costing you 2 cards, even if the cards are dead or want to be in the Deck, thinking of LV monsters since this card supports the Silents, or Assault Modes. If it could be Special Summoned from the GY, it could be 1 card cheaper. On the other hand, the other effects are good. The negation effect is insane since it has no OPT clause whatsoever, and then it gets to float, ideally the big Silent Swordsman to keep on the Spell lock going.
That aside, impressive art! I'm curious to see a full picture to have a better look at the sword with such an intriguing shape.

I'm a fan of the Silent Swordsmen and wish they saw more play because I like their arts and that FF7 Cloud-like feeling with the big sword, plus they are not difficult to run as an engine of 3 regular Silent Swordsman, 1 LV7 and 0~3 Silent Sword Slash along Foolish Burial Goods, in any Warrior deck. This card, however, doesn't exactly support them and can do well on its own, instead using LV7 Silent Swordsman as an optional tag-in partner.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

I'm on the fence with this one. One one hand, it is expensive to Summon, costing you 2 cards, even if the cards are dead or want to be in the Deck, thinking of LV monsters since this card supports the Silents, or Assault Modes. If it could be Special Summoned from the GY, it could be 1 card cheaper. On the other hand, the other effects are good. The negation effect is insane since it has no OPT clause whatsoever, and then it gets to float, ideally the big Silent Swordsman to keep on the Spell lock going.
That aside, impressive art! I'm curious to see a full picture to have a better look at the sword with such an intriguing shape.

I'm a fan of the Silent Swordsmen and wish they saw more play because I like their arts and that FF7 Cloud-like feeling with the big sword, plus they are not difficult to run as an engine of 3 regular Silent Swordsman, 1 LV7 and 0~3 Silent Sword Slash along Foolish Burial Goods, in any Warrior deck. This card, however, doesn't exactly support them and can do well on its own, instead using LV7 Silent Swordsman as an optional tag-in partner.

Thanks! Well, the negation effect is pretty much OPT. At the end of the effect there is a HOPT "You can only use each effect of "Silent Majesty" once per turn."

And yeah I love the Silent Swordsmen for the exact same reason. I'm a sucker for characters with unreasonably big swords lol. 

Oh you are right, I skipped the hard OPT clause at the end. I'm so used to negations with an "once per turn" clause condition. Well, that means this card is worse than I thought, because IMO it could get away with the Spell lock as a sort of bigger but more expensive Spell Canceller, but an OPT negation is not that great of a deal. I would rather play Silent Swordsman and crash it into LV7.

37 minutes ago, Darj said:

Oh you are right, I skipped the hard OPT clause at the end. I'm so used to negations with an "once per turn" clause condition. Well, that means this card is worse than I thought, because IMO it could get away with the Spell lock as a sort of bigger but more expensive Spell Canceller, but an OPT negation is not that great of a deal. I would rather play Silent Swordsman and crash it into LV7.

I mean, I can kinda see that. Silent Swordsman is good but it's also the type of card that doesn't mesh that well with Silent Magician in a deck since it specifically needs a Warrior to tribute. This card wasn't meant to replace Silent Swordsman, it was meant to serve as bridge between the 2 cards so it could get into either Silent Mag. or Silent Swordsman. It also makes for a Silent Sword Slash or Silent Burning compatibility. 

Funnily enough, I suppose this card could probably have a rare "twice per turn" condition on its spell negation effect and keep its flavor intact (since it has aspects of both Silent monsters).

While that still isn't Spell Canceller's level of power, I mean... activating 3+ spells in a turn isn't super common except on turn 1 (or if you're facing Strikers). I think a twice per turn condition is a good bridge in that case.

I guess outside of that potential buff, I love everything else about the card: the flavor, how it interacts with a Yugi deck, and the artwork. Top notch stuff!

Archived