Valley Of The Thunder Spirits

Shadowring

It'd be nice if you could copy/paste the card's effect on its own under the card because it is a bit hard to see the small letters.

I am not sure how much the fact this card can search out the Thunder Dragon support would break it, (although I find it nice that it searches Batteryman or Hunder Family monsters on the other hand) but for now I can say it is a generic once per turn "Reinforcements of the Army" for Thunder monsters, and that on itself is a bit much in my opinion. Especially as a Field Spell (searchable via Terraforming, Metaverse, Set Rotation, Demise of the Land).

I recommend either that:
-It searches only the named monsters you mention in the bullet effects. (I'm a little worried about searchable Denko Sekka because I know she's got relevance competitively still, but I'm gonna believe in you and not single her out of this suggestion xD )
OR
-it only searches once for each player while the card is face-up on the field (not every turn).

I do like how this card just replicates the effects the listed floodgate monsters already have in themselves, so this looks like it just makes it so that their effects are still live through the field spell when the monsters themselves are being negated by something. 

9 hours ago, Sleepy said:

It'd be nice if you could copy/paste the card's effect on its own under the card because it is a bit hard to see the small letters.

I am not sure how much the fact this card can search out the Thunder Dragon support would break it, (although I find it nice that it searches Batteryman or Hunder Family monsters on the other hand) but for now I can say it is a generic once per turn "Reinforcements of the Army" for Thunder monsters, and that on itself is a bit much in my opinion. Especially as a Field Spell (searchable via Terraforming, Metaverse, Set Rotation, Demise of the Land).

I recommend either that:
-It searches only the named monsters you mention in the bullet effects. (I'm a little worried about searchable Denko Sekka because I know she's got relevance competitively still, but I'm gonna believe in you and not single her out of this suggestion xD )
OR
-it only searches once for each player while the card is face-up on the field (not every turn).

I do like how this card just replicates the effects the listed floodgate monsters already have in themselves, so this looks like it just makes it so that their effects are still live through the field spell when the monsters themselves are being negated by something. 

Thank you for your feedback. Personally, i dont think it would break thunder dragons, because even if solar is an stater, its not the best one since colossus is banned now, but even if we had colossus, i dont think they would play this card, since you essentially go -1 in order to add the monster to your hand. The idea of searching only the floodgates is a very good idea and i even thought about it for a second, i just couldnt figure out how to make an psct good enough  for this that wouldnt make the card have too much text in it.  And this card, do not replicates the effects of the floodgates, instead it (kinda) amplify even further their effects, in a way that if you have this card and the 4 floodgates on the field, its basically a full lock, so your opponent cant play (probably there are few ways to deal with this lock that im not thinking of or that im not used to, but i think these possible outs may be too specific, probably requiring a certain combination of cards instead of only 1 card). As for this card being a field spell is not that problematic right now since terraforming, set rotation and metaverse are limited, and i personally probably wouldnt use demise of the land since a deck with this card would have zap mustung, a monster that prevents special summon and demise of the land requires your opponent to special summon a monster. Again i thank you for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you. 

Not a fan of this one. An OPT 1-for-1 searcher that doubles down on the stun power of certain LIGHT/Thunders normally unrelated to each other. The card is so oddly specific and IMO has an unrealistic vibe, but can't say it's broken. I was first concerned about the Zap Mustung effect but it only prevents the opponent from summoning during your turn so it shouldn't be as oppressive.

Also, AFAIK Thunder Dragons can still make good use of it because they can do stuff with a discarded Thunder Dragon to search a Level 4 Thunder monster.

14 hours ago, Darj said:

Not a fan of this one. An OPT 1-for-1 searcher that doubles down on the stun power of certain LIGHT/Thunders normally unrelated to each other. The card is so oddly specific and IMO has an unrealistic vibe, but can't say it's broken. I was first concerned about the Zap Mustung effect but it only prevents the opponent from summoning during your turn so it shouldn't be as oppressive.

Also, AFAIK Thunder Dragons can still make good use of it because they can do stuff with a discarded Thunder Dragon to search a Level 4 Thunder monster.

Thank you for your feedback. The idea is to make a card that could do a full lock using the thunder floodgates, for example, you mentioned zap mustung, this card prevents normal summon/set and speciall during your turn, because zap is really good imo, but those summons zap cannot prevent and this card help preventing it, as long as you have zap mustung on the field. As for thunder dragons, yeah the discarded card can be used for other things, but i dont think it would change much, unless colossus come back from the banlist. Once again thank you for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

I'm a little confused:

-There seems to be a lot of random double spacing and a semi colon after Denko's effect

- The 1000 damage seems unnecessary unless it was an additional cost?

- do the last 4 effects stun you or your opponent if they control the cards?

the four effects combined

- your opponent's only source of cards is the draw on their turn

- your opponent can't activate spells

- your opponent can't activate traps (and has to set spells)

- your opponent can only special summon up to the number of times they reach the damage step during their turn (which means their only time to summon is from the battle phase to end phase)

You will be locked into activating spells during your MP1, Traps directly from hand, you can only draw from effects not search (which goes against the field spell), and special summon a number of times you reach the damage step and on your opponent's turn.

... This is weird but I think I get it?

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I'm a little confused:

-There seems to be a lot of random double spacing and a semi colon after Denko's effect

- The 1000 damage seems unnecessary unless it was an additional cost?

- do the last 4 effects stun you or your opponent if they control the cards?

the four effects combined

- your opponent's only source of cards is the draw on their turn

- your opponent can't activate spells

- your opponent can't activate traps (and has to set spells)

- your opponent can only special summon up to the number of times they reach the damage step during their turn (which means their only time to summon is from the battle phase to end phase)

You will be locked into activating spells during your MP1, Traps directly from hand, you can only draw from effects not search (which goes against the field spell), and special summon a number of times you reach the damage step and on your opponent's turn.

... This is weird but I think I get it?

Thanks for your feedback. Im not so much used to all psct rules, so maybe i should put a dot instead of a semi colon. The 1000 damage i copied from contract with don thousand, so it is an aditional cost, but its also an otk enabler (i guess). The effects stun only the opponent, i was thinking on do them in a way that the opponent of the player who controls those mentioned floodgates gets stunned and that applies to both players, that was my intention, not sure if i did it right though. Youre right about the 4 effects combined, except for the special summon restriction, because the opponent wont be able to normal/set and cannot special during your turn, and then you apply zap mustung effect (in truth they wont be able to summon cause they wont be able to summon nothing and therefore they wont be able to attack, unless they have a monster before this lock is being applied on the field). The last part is also right, excpt for activating traps from hand, cause denko prevent them from being set, so as long as the trap card allows me to activate it from hand while having my cards on the field, i will be able to do it. Agin, thanks for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gogeta gt said:

Thanks for your feedback. Im not so much used to all psct rules, so maybe i should put a dot instead of a semi colon. The 1000 damage i copied from contract with don thousand, so it is an aditional cost, but its also an otk enabler (i guess). The effects stun only the opponent, i was thinking on do them in a way that the opponent of the player who controls those mentioned floodgates gets stunned and that applies to both players, that was my intention, not sure if i did it right though. Youre right about the 4 effects combined, except for the special summon restriction, because the opponent wont be able to normal/set and cannot special during your turn, and then you apply zap mustung effect (in truth they wont be able to summon cause they wont be able to summon nothing and therefore they wont be able to attack, unless they have a monster before this lock is being applied on the field). The last part is also right, excpt for activating traps from hand, cause denko prevent them from being set, so as long as the trap card allows me to activate it from hand while having my cards on the field, i will be able to do it. Agin, thanks for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

"Thanks for your feedback. Im not so much used to all psct rules, so maybe i should put a dot instead of a semi colon." 

Could you copy/paste the card's effect on its own under the card because it is a bit hard to see the small letters? If you do I can help with PSCT.

The 1000 damage I copied from contract with don thousand, so it is an additional cost, but its also an otk enabler (i guess).

Copying the 1000 damage I think is bad unless it was tied to the add to hand effect not the activation and only to the player that activated the effect because it's irrelevant to the card's functionality otherwise.

The effects stun only the opponent, i was thinking on do them in a way that the opponent of the player who controls those mentioned floodgates gets stunned and that applies to both players, that was my intention, not sure if i did it right though.

I think you did it right because "your opponent" would apply to the opponent of the controller of the field spell... would be cool if their was a card that could steal field spells something like "my domain" or for my communist archetype "our world"

except for the special summon restriction, because the opponent wont be able to normal/set and cannot special during your turn, and then you apply zap mustung effect (in truth they wont be able to summon cause they wont be able to summon nothing and therefore they wont be able to attack, unless they have a monster before this lock is being applied on the field).

Your opponent can only special summon up to the number of times they reach the damage step during their turn (which means their only time to summon is from the battle phase to end phase) and not at all during your turn and good point about complete lock out if they controlled none except they can still normal summon on their turn.

The last part is also right, excpt for activating traps from hand, cause denko prevent them from being set, so as long as the trap card allows me to activate it from hand while having my cards on the field, i will be able to do it.

The field spell prevents your opponent from activating traps from hand. I said you still can

Again, thanks for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

You to! This was interesting lock extension it would be interesting to see in play (I would hate to be against it). I can't wait for more of your work in the future!

9 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

"Thanks for your feedback. Im not so much used to all psct rules, so maybe i should put a dot instead of a semi colon." 

Could you copy/paste the card's effect on its own under the card because it is a bit hard to see the small letters? If you do I can help with PSCT.

The 1000 damage I copied from contract with don thousand, so it is an additional cost, but its also an otk enabler (i guess).

Copying the 1000 damage I think is bad unless it was tied to the add to hand effect not the activation and only to the player that activated the effect because it's irrelevant to the card's functionality otherwise.

The effects stun only the opponent, i was thinking on do them in a way that the opponent of the player who controls those mentioned floodgates gets stunned and that applies to both players, that was my intention, not sure if i did it right though.

I think you did it right because "your opponent" would apply to the opponent of the controller of the field spell... would be cool if their was a card that could steal field spells something like "my domain" or for my communist archetype "our world"

except for the special summon restriction, because the opponent wont be able to normal/set and cannot special during your turn, and then you apply zap mustung effect (in truth they wont be able to summon cause they wont be able to summon nothing and therefore they wont be able to attack, unless they have a monster before this lock is being applied on the field).

Your opponent can only special summon up to the number of times they reach the damage step during their turn (which means their only time to summon is from the battle phase to end phase) and not at all during your turn and good point about complete lock out if they controlled none except they can still normal summon on their turn.

The last part is also right, excpt for activating traps from hand, cause denko prevent them from being set, so as long as the trap card allows me to activate it from hand while having my cards on the field, i will be able to do it.

The field spell prevents your opponent from activating traps from hand. I said you still can

Again, thanks for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

You to! This was interesting lock extension it would be interesting to see in play (I would hate to be against it). I can't wait for more of your work in the future!

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Heres the text:

You can only activate "Valley Of The Thunder Spirits" once per turn. When this card is activated: Both players lose 1000 LP. Once During their Main Phase, either player can discard a card, then add 1 Level 4 Light Thunder-Type monster from the Deck or GY to the Hand. Apply the appropriate effects according to the monsters either player control:
● Thunder King Rai-Oh: Your opponent cannot add cards to their hand except during their normal draw in the Draw Phase;
● Lightning Rod Lord: Your opponent cannot activate Spell cards, except during the Main Phase 1;
● Denko Sekka: Your opponent cannot activate Trap cards without Setting it on the field first;
● Zap Mustung: Your opponent cannot Normal Summon/Set and cannot Special Summon during your turn.

The 1000 damage to both players is because if you sum the attacks of the 4 thunder floodgates it results in 7000, and since the usual maximum lp is 8000, i can potentially otk my opponent next time i attack. Also, Well, they cant normal summon/set on their turn, at least that was  meant to be like that, the summon lock outside their turn is only special summons, that was my intention. My bad, i thought you were talking about both players for activating traps from hand. Once again thanks for your feedback and thank you for your support, have a nice day and God bless you.

3 hours ago, Gogeta gt said:

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Heres the text:

You can only activate "Valley Of The Thunder Spirits" once per turn. When this card is activated: Both players lose 1000 LP. Once During their Main Phase, either player can discard a card, then add 1 Level 4 Light Thunder-Type monster from the Deck or GY to the Hand. Apply the appropriate effects according to the monsters either player control:
● Thunder King Rai-Oh: Your opponent cannot add cards to their hand except during their normal draw in the Draw Phase;
● Lightning Rod Lord: Your opponent cannot activate Spell cards, except during the Main Phase 1;
● Denko Sekka: Your opponent cannot activate Trap cards without Setting it on the field first;
● Zap Mustung: Your opponent cannot Normal Summon/Set and cannot Special Summon during your turn.

The 1000 damage to both players is because if you sum the attacks of the 4 thunder floodgates it results in 7000, and since the usual maximum lp is 8000, i can potentially otk my opponent next time i attack. Also, Well, they cant normal summon/set on their turn, at least that was  meant to be like that, the summon lock outside their turn is only special summons, that was my intention. My bad, i thought you were talking about both players for activating traps from hand. Once again thanks for your feedback and thank you for your support, have a nice day and God bless you.

You can only activate "Valley Of The Thunder Spirits" once per turn. When this card is activated: Both players lose 1000 LP. Once During their Main Phase: either player can discard a card; then they add 1 Level 4 Light Thunder-Type monster from their Deck or GY to the Hand. Apply the appropriate effects according to the monsters either player control:
● Thunder King Rai-Oh: Your opponent cannot add cards to their hand except during their normal draw in the Draw Phase.
● Lightning Rod Lord: Your opponent cannot activate Spell cards, except during the Main Phase 1.
● Denko Sekka: Your opponent cannot activate Trap cards without Setting them on the field first.
● Zap Mustung: Your opponent cannot Normal Summon/Set nor Special Summon during your turn.

The 1000 damage to both players is because if you sum the attacks of the 4 thunder floodgates it results in 7000, and since the usual maximum lp is 8000, i can potentially otk my opponent next time I attack.

That makes sense I get it now and like it!

Also, Well, they cant normal summon/set on their turn, at least that was meant to be like that, the summon lock outside their turn is only special summons, that was my intention. My bad, i thought you were talking about both players for activating traps from hand. Once again thanks for your feedback and thank you for your support, have a nice day and God bless you.

Glad you got it! Yeah, it's a near perfect floodgate combo with minimal workaround.

The wording is actually great I had very few fixes to make!

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

You can only activate "Valley Of The Thunder Spirits" once per turn. When this card is activated: Both players lose 1000 LP. Once During their Main Phase: either player can discard a card; then they add 1 Level 4 Light Thunder-Type monster from their Deck or GY to the Hand. Apply the appropriate effects according to the monsters either player control:
● Thunder King Rai-Oh: Your opponent cannot add cards to their hand except during their normal draw in the Draw Phase.
● Lightning Rod Lord: Your opponent cannot activate Spell cards, except during the Main Phase 1.
● Denko Sekka: Your opponent cannot activate Trap cards without Setting them on the field first.
● Zap Mustung: Your opponent cannot Normal Summon/Set nor Special Summon during your turn.

The 1000 damage to both players is because if you sum the attacks of the 4 thunder floodgates it results in 7000, and since the usual maximum lp is 8000, i can potentially otk my opponent next time I attack.

That makes sense I get it now and like it!

Also, Well, they cant normal summon/set on their turn, at least that was meant to be like that, the summon lock outside their turn is only special summons, that was my intention. My bad, i thought you were talking about both players for activating traps from hand. Once again thanks for your feedback and thank you for your support, have a nice day and God bless you.

Glad you got it! Yeah, it's a near perfect floodgate combo with minimal workaround.

The wording is actually great I had very few fixes to make!

Thanks for your feedback, those fixes makes the card much better now and im glad you liked my idea. Once again thanks for your feedback, have a nice day and God bless you.

Archived