New Egyptian God Card

Christopher Crismon

I am new to making enjoyable cards.  My son has been playing for a few years not and I have been playing for a very long time.  We are both huge fans of the Egyptian God Cards and wanted to work on some of our own.  This is the first one I came up with.  Trying to make it powerful and different but not too powerful.  Thoughts?  Possible tweaks to make it a little better and in line with the other three?

The Winged Serpent of Isis.jpg

Its Decent Maybe Make it a Special Summon instead of of a Normal Summon

I would Give it Protection Where It cannot Be Targeted by Card effects or Destroyed By Card Effects.

Also It should it you Draw 1 card into your hand upon its Summon.

It Should Say Cannot be Normal/Set Summon. You must Banish 3+ Monsters in your GY then Special Summon This card From your hand or GY.

This is pretty ironic. Allow me to explain. In the creation myth of Egypt. Isis created a serpent from Ra's saliva. That serpent then bit Ra and he became seriously ill. Isis then used her magic to heal Ra in exchange for his true name, which she then passed down to her son. So the fact that this card is a direct opposite to Ra, yet supports it at the same time is fantastic.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

This is pretty ironic. Allow me to explain. In the creation myth of Egypt. Isis created a serpent from Ra's saliva. That serpent then bit Ra and he became seriously ill. Isis then used her magic to heal Ra in exchange for his true name, which she then passed down to her son. So the fact that this card is a direct opposite to Ra, yet supports it at the same time is fantastic.

This is why I created it. The Winged Dragon of Ra has been on of my favorite cards in the game for years. Plus, I studied Egyptian myth extensively in high school.  I wanted a card that worked very similar to Ra and yet was very different. 

5 minutes ago, Christopher Crismon said:

This is why I created it. The Winged Dragon of Ra has been on of my favorite cards in the game for years. Plus, I studied Egyptian myth extensively in high school.  I wanted a card that worked very similar to Ra and yet was very different. 

Could You Be able To Special Summon it instead So Monster rebone Can Help it

2 minutes ago, Christopher Crismon said:

I have thought about that.  I like the way the Egyptian God Cards are summoned.  I think it could be shifted to allow for a special summon to bring in back for one turn like Slifer and Obilisk can.

But Old School Tirbutes are Little Too Slow may keep the rest of the Effects expect The Summon part of it Thats what is kinda of Holding this card back it needs to be Special Summoned Witch Would make it Easier to Use 

Rember People Don't Play for the Main Deck Monsters That rquire an old School Tirbute from the DM or GX ERA to Would rathere waste 3 monsters to bring out a monster from the Extraa Deck instead beacuse thats Faster So Please fix its Summon its too Much / Monsters on My Field No Way Just make it Banish 3 of My Monsters in The GY instead much Better then the way you putted it.

Well, it does have the God card summon immunity so that it a plus. Also, this also begs another question. How many god cards are you going to make? Just asking because the deck limit is 60 cards and Konami already handed us a baker's dozen for god cards.

All 3 forms of Ra, obelisk and Slifer with all the new support.

Another fun fact is that Slifer is consider a Dragon in the anime as you can see that Buster Blader gets the 500 point ATK boost from it.

I mean in a vacuum this is a fine card and as @Nobody Really mention, it has quite interesting lore going. Its just it doesnt feels unique, since it almost like a copy of Ra

There also deck building problem as Nobody Really mention although the problem is more complex than about deck limitation (and i dont really worried about it since you can just cut copies of cards that either useless or has good recycling abilities of its own). That problem is the type of deck you wanna make. Each god in their own embodies different strategy (obelisk with aggro, osiris with control, and Ra with combo) and such differences means that depending on your deck you only gonna bring 1 of the 3 gods anyway instead trying the herculean task of build around on all 3+2 gods 

Design wise while i do have agreement that it needs a buff to cover konami's mistakes but my suggestion is not as "greedy" as the other (its still powerful though) and to be fair Gods did once included in a variant of Meta deck which is Qliphort in its golden days, which more about qliphort solving the problem of the expensive but uniquelly fitting 3 tribute cost of the gods rather than seeing the normal summon as outdated lame mechanic (i dare anyone with that opinion to face full power Monarch, True Draco, and MR3 Qliphort. Heck even in modern special-happy deck, normal summon still important for certain combo pieces and often be the last extender you need to survive distruption or big ass space rock) 

but dont worry not everything about me is a downer:

For the first 2 problem (uniqueness and deck building) all we have to do its design the card based on the other decks you and your son enjoy...though im not really gonna stop you to make this direct support to the original gods...which kinda welcome (especially for the 3+2 gods miracle build). So what kind of other decks you both enjoy?

On the other hand i can lend you my god card sample for the design problems:

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. This card is unaffected by card effects except either the effects of monster whose its original Attribute is DIVINE OR card that specifically list DIVINE in its text. Cannot be targeted by opponent card effects. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. 

This is probably the closest we got to buffed up god but still remain faithful to the original. Its the 3 tributes still problematic? Yes...BUT its part of the god identity so its more about the problem of either making support card around it (and we have irl cards that do that actually) OR making the gods worth the 3 tributes 

37 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

I mean in a vacuum this is a fine card and as @Nobody Really mention, it has quite interesting lore going. Its just it doesnt feels unique, since it almost like a copy of Ra

There also deck building problem as Nobody Really mention although the problem is more complex than about deck limitation (and i dont really worried about it since you can just cut copies of cards that either useless or has good recycling abilities of its own). That problem is the type of deck you wanna make. Each god in their own embodies different strategy (obelisk with aggro, osiris with control, and Ra with combo) and such differences means that depending on your deck you only gonna bring 1 of the 3 gods anyway instead trying the herculean task of build around on all 3+2 gods 

Design wise while i do have agreement that it needs a buff to cover konami's mistakes but my suggestion is not as "greedy" as the other (its still powerful though) and to be fair Gods did once included in a variant of Meta deck which is Qliphort in its golden days, which more about qliphort solving the problem of the expensive but uniquelly fitting 3 tribute cost of the gods rather than seeing the normal summon as outdated lame mechanic (i dare anyone with that opinion to face full power Monarch, True Draco, and MR3 Qliphort. Heck even in modern special-happy deck, normal summon still important for certain combo pieces and often be the last extender you need to survive distruption or big ass space rock) 

For the first 2 problem (uniqueness and deck building) all we have to do its design the card based on the other decks you and your son enjoy...though im not really gonna stop you to make this direct support to the original gods...which kinda welcome (especially for the 3+2 gods miracle build). So what kind of other decks you both enjoy?

Reveal hidden contents

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. This card is unaffected by card effects except either the effects of monster whose its original Attribute is DIVINE OR card that specifically list DIVINE in its text. Cannot be targeted by opponent card effects. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. 

This is probably the closest we got to buffed up god but still remain faithful to the original. Its the 3 tributes still problematic? Yes...BUT its part of the god identity so its more about the problem of either making support card around it (and we have irl cards that do that actually) OR making the gods worth the 3 tributes 

Jolly, I added a tournament legal Slifer to a Red-Eyes deck and decimated that broken ass Orichalcos deck that Dartz uses in the anime. So yeah, each of the gods can easily find a home in a majority of decks that can manage to get those 3 tributes out at a competitive rate.

Also, I used tournament legal Slifer because anime Slifer inflicts damage. Kutora absorbs damage. So pretty much, legal Slifer can wipe the entire Orichalcos board using its effect alone and not allow your opponent to drop Kutora to summon Shunoros. Hope that explains why I specifically chose that version of Slifer.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

Jolly, I added a tournament legal Slifer to a Red-Eyes deck and decimated that broken ass Orichalcos deck that Dartz uses in the anime. So yeah, each of the gods can easily find a home in a majority of decks that can manage to get those 3 tributes out at a competitive rate.

true. to be clear im not really against your statement in the early replies. its more of focusing to the true problem of the gods cards and decks and their respective needs

3 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Hide contents

We enjoy a lot of the traditional builds for decks. My main deck growing up focused on Horus lv8 and Jinzo. I have further added in some XYZ monsters as they have peaked my interest. My son loves his fusion and anti-extra deck stuff. He also is loving his roid monsters. 

Thanks to everyone that is giving ideas so far. This has given me a lot to think about. I want to give a basic background for how my son and I play. We both have copies of the 3 god cards. My son actually played a deck against me the other day that had two of them paired up with two sacred beasts in the same deck. He got stomped by this card actually.  We have since altered it. I learned long ago that more than one god card in a deck is very hard to effectively use. I have around 15 decks built right now and love the process. I have three decks just to use the Egyptian god cards so the 60 card limit is not a problem because I spread them across different decks. We also play more traditional decks where the strength of our monsters comes from our main deck and not the extra deck. I stopped playing about 10-12 years ago and only got back into the game 5 years ago. I have been unable to really adjust to the new cards fully. I love the XYZ and despise the link and synchro, although I use both to a degree. My son is why I am learning to effectively create some cards for fun. He loves doing this as much as I love deck building. 

thank you all for the ideas. Keep them coming. I am going to tweak this card in some ways that can make it more unique and keep what I like about it while adding in some special summoning rules. 

12 hours ago, Zamazenta said:

But Old School Tirbutes are Little Too Slow may keep the rest of the Effects expect The Summon part of it Thats what is kinda of Holding this card back it needs to be Special Summoned Witch Would make it Easier to Use 

Rember People Don't Play for the Main Deck Monsters That rquire an old School Tirbute from the DM or GX ERA to Would rathere waste 3 monsters to bring out a monster from the Extraa Deck instead beacuse thats Faster So Please fix its Summon its too Much / Monsters on My Field No Way Just make it Banish 3 of My Monsters in The GY instead much Better then the way you putted it.

Here’s the new ability I’m thinking of. 

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Summoning cannot be negated. This card may only be Special Summoned from your Graveyard by removing 3 monsters from your Graveyard from play. This card gains the combined Atk and Def of the 3 monsters used to summon it. When you gain Life Points, increase the ATK of this card equal to the amount of Life Points gained. 

After all your input and ideas, here is the updated card.  It feels a lot better now.  Very powerful, more unique, and still able to be defeated with the right combo of cards.

The Winged Serpent of Isis.jpg

I think to use all 3 god cards in a deck, you need a deck that can mass produce tokens or a deck that can effectively recycle itself. Also, if you can effectively build a deck that recycles itself, I would look at cards like Monster Recovery and Monster Reincarnation for being able to Normal Summon the god cards at my leisure.

Its A Godly Card But Really Decent

I Think They Need An Xzy or Even A Fusion Monster in There Ache Just Like The Scared Beast Cards Having a Fusion Give Ra Slith and Oblisk a Fusion Of The Tree Gods Together Just Like "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames" + "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder" + "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms"

Armityle the Chaos Phantasm - Phantom of Fury - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki

1 hour ago, Zamazenta said:

Its A Godly Card But Really Decent

I Think They Need An Xzy or Even A Fusion Monster in There Ache Just Like The Scared Beast Cards Having a Fusion Give Ra Slith and Oblisk a Fusion Of The Tree Gods Together Just Like "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames" + "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder" + "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms"

Armityle the Chaos Phantasm - Phantom of Fury - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki

I agree with that. Fusion would be great.  I would love for them to actually make Horakhty though.  This would give me a reason to play all three God Cards in one deck.  I have seen fan made cards, but my printer does not print them well.

Horakhty, The Creator God of Light.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christopher Crismon said:

I agree with that. Fusion would be great.  I would love for them to actually make Horakhty though.  This would give me a reason to play all three God Cards in one deck.  I have seen fan made cards, but my printer does not print them well.

Horakhty, The Creator God of Light.jpg

So Are You Gonna Crete and add There Fusion In This post Slince Scred Beast Have on Not FAIR!!! KONMAI

3 hours ago, Christopher Crismon said:

.  I would love for them to actually make Horakhty though. 

You mean make more import copies right? Horakty IS exist its just they deliberately only make 10.000 copies for OCG only and so far never intended to reprint them

On the other hand gods already have fusion support:

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Egyptian_God_Slime#:~:text=Must first be either Fusion,Cannot be destroyed by battle.

1 hour ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

You mean make more import copies right? Horakty IS exist its just they deliberately only make 10.000 copies for OCG only and so far never intended to reprint them

On the other hand gods already have fusion support:

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Egyptian_God_Slime#:~:text=Must first be either Fusion,Cannot be destroyed by battle.

Yes.  I would love to own this card and not have to pay an arm and a leg or buy a "proxy" copy.

Archived