Ancient Gear Emperor

DominatorLegend

Draw 2 Geartown, and a Field Spell or Spell/Trap removal, or replace those with Metaverse and Terraforming to search said cards, and you get 2 Level 10 monsters with 3500 ATK, Ancient Gear Wyvern, which will search Ancient Gear Fortress, and Ancient Gear Hunting Ground if you want to Fusion Summon. With 2 searchable cards and any other Field Spell or Spell/Trap removal, you can get over 10000 damage or even Special Summon an Ancient Gear Chaos Giant with double Spell/Trap removal by Fusion Summoning by using the 2 Emperors as materials, that your opponent can't do anything about because of Fortress. You see the problem?

If that was itself the point of the card, it shouldn't be this big of a card. I'd rather have it a Level 5 with 2000 ATK/1600 DEF. Then ditch the ATK buff and instead give it an effect that protects your Ancient Gears during the Battle Phase. I would also make the Spell/Trap removal mandatory, but weaker. The thing about mandatory effects is that it means your opponent can't negate the cards behind the mandatory effect. This would make it a better Fusion material, make Geartown better just for being able to be Normal Summoned without Tribute, and overall make it a better support card for the archetype.

Here's my example with the edits, along with some OCGrammar corrections:

Ancient Gear Champion

EARTH | Level 5 | Machine/Effect | 2000/1600

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ancient Gear" monster from your hand or Deck. During the Battle Phase, "Ancient Gear" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this is sent from the field to the GY: Destroy 1 Set Spell/Trap card your opponent controls. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Still might be a bit too good but it should be a bit more balanced and more synergistic with the archetype.

Draw 2 Geartown, and a Field Spell or Spell/Trap removal, or replace those with Metaverse and Terraforming to search said cards, and you get 2 Level 10 monsters with 3500 ATK, Ancient Gear Wyvern, which will search Ancient Gear Fortress, and Ancient Gear Hunting Ground if you want to Fusion Summon. With 2 searchable cards and any other Field Spell or Spell/Trap removal, you can get over 10000 damage or even Special Summon an Ancient Gear Chaos Giant with double Spell/Trap removal by Fusion Summoning by using the 2 Emperors as materials, that your opponent can't do anything about because of Fortress. You see the problem?

If that was itself the point of the card, it shouldn't be this big of a card. I'd rather have it a Level 5 with 2000 ATK/1600 DEF. Then ditch the ATK buff and instead give it an effect that protects your Ancient Gears during the Battle Phase. I would also make the Spell/Trap removal mandatory, but weaker. The thing about mandatory effects is that it means your opponent can't negate the cards behind the mandatory effect. This would make it a better Fusion material, make Geartown better just for being able to be Normal Summoned without Tribute, and overall make it a better support card for the archetype.

Here's my example with the edits, along with some OCGrammar corrections:

Ancient Gear Champion

EARTH | Level 5 | Machine/Effect | 2000/1600

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ancient Gear" monster from your hand or Deck. During the Battle Phase, "Ancient Gear" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this is sent from the field to the GY: Destroy 1 Set Spell/Trap card your opponent controls. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Still might be a bit too good but it should be a bit more balanced and more synergistic with the archetype.

I was actually trying to make an overpowered card, and I'd say it worked. But yeah, if this card was real, your parameters would make a lot more sense. Thanks for your time!

Archived