More Cyberse Support Cards

Boot-Staggard.jpg?resize=205%2C300&ssl=1

Boot Stagguard
Light Cyberse / Effect
LV5 2300/500
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) When a Cyberse monster is Normal Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 “Stagguard Token” (Cyberse-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

I like its first effect a lot, Cyberse are starting to really become fast now. It's a Level 5, though that probably isn't that big of a deal, and its second effect could come in handy at times too.

Back-Linker.jpg?resize=228%2C300&ssl=1

Backlinker
Dark Cyberse / Effect
LV3 1600/0
(1) If only your opponent controls a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) You can Tribute this card; shuffle all monsters in the Extra Monster Zones into the Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn.

Ah, I knew this would come, and it's actually pretty fun, even if you don't have a play to make, you can ruin your opponent's day.

Cybanet-Back-Door.jpg?resize=207%2C300&s

Cybnet Backdoor
Spell Quick-Play
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Target 1 Cyberse monster you control; banish it, and if you do, add 1 Cyberse monster with an ATK lower than that banished monster’s ATK from your Deck to your hand. Return that banished monster to your field during your next Standby Phase, and if you do, it can attack directly that turn.

This can work with Balancer Lord quite nicely, now Dual Assembloom is starting to seem better as well.

Cybnet Backdoor looks like a really good type support card, there. It can search, make your Cyberse monster dodge something Wind-Up Rabbit style, and inflict battle damage directly as bonus, all with the flexibility of a Quick-Play Spell.

I'm still a bit annoyed at all the support this new Type is getting right after its release, when it took a while for Wyrms to get any major support and I have not counted the cards yet, but it even feels that at this point Cyberses already have more support cards than Wyrms. I mean, for Wyrm support I can only think of True Kings, Denglong, Yazi, Waterfall and maybe a couple of Yang Zings as an engine.

Fake edit: Just took a quick look at the wikia, and it lists 10 Cyberse support cards, while Wyrms have about 14; quite the contrast, huh. But that's without discriminating the subpar support cards from the actually good ones.

The Cybnet Backdoor is useful for evading various predicaments and to protect the monster, such as Dark Hole, Penguin Soldier, Twin Twisters, and such since its a quick-play card, plus it works well as a searcher and provides an added bonus the following turn, which could provide a great deal of damage for stronger Cyberse monsters such as Boot Stagguard and such...

The Boot Stagguard has a nifty first effect and the second one provides support for link summoning and Backlinker can be used in a pinch to shuffle stuff up and put your opponent in agony

Archived