Ancient Gear Support! - Ancient Gear Mini Golem

Abdelrahman

U9JLmgp.jpg

"Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If this card is in your hand while you control an "Ancient Gear" card: You can target 1 face-up card you control; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon this card. If this card is Special Summoned: You can discard 1 "Ancient Gear" card; draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Ancient Gear" card, except "Ancient Gear Mini Golem", in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of 'Ancient Gear Mini Golem" once per turn."

I haven't posted in a while, so let's kick it off with some new Ancient Gear support! Being an Ancient Gear card, it's searchable by Wyvern. It's also another card you can use to destroy Castle or Geartown, Special Summoning an Ancient Gear from the Deck, or from the hand or Graveyard, depending on what card you destroyed. In addition, it fixes one of the Deck's biggest problems, bricky hands, by adding a "discard 1, draw 1" effect for Ancient Gear cards, making the Deck more consistent, and giving you higher chances of drawing the exact card you need. And when it's destroyed by a card effect (cough... the Catapult you sent to the Graveyard by its draw effect... cough), you can add an "Ancient Gear" card from your Graveyard to your hand, which can be used to add Hunting Hound to fuse again, or add something like Fortress to protect your Ancient Gear monsters.

The first effect is a nice, allowing you to Special Summon this card and activating the effects of some of their Spell/Trap Cards. The second effect I feel is a bit excessive, even with the strict "once per turn" clause. If it said "You can only activate 1 of the effects of "Ancient Gear Mini Golem" once per turn", I think it would be okay. But that's just me. And the third effect is great, allowing you to recover cards from the Graveyard could help recover not just the aforementioned Hunting Hound, but your previously sent Spell/Trap Cards (including the ones you might've destroyed with its effect). I really like the push this card gives the archetype (even if I'm iffy with its balance); being capable of self-Special Summon, draw power, and Graveyard recovery. Essentially doing a little of everything the archetype likes to do and a little it lacks.

Archived