Supreme King Dragon Zarc

What I love about that combo are all the extra effects that they could have got off but didn't need to to demonstrate the combo. They could have searched Fusion Substitute instead of one of the Polys to get the extra draw, and they could have used the Xyz effect of Oracle of Zefra. 

I love that the combo requires some chain trickery as seen with chaining Drancia to Poly.

I love how it goes through a lot of the combo tricks we have seen in the past year. Vyon into Beatrice, the Denglong shenanigans and even Ultimaya Tzolkin.

I love that it give you the option of ending with Ultimaya + Zarc, considering that Ultimaya is to 5Ds what Zarc is to Arc-V.

What I don't love is that it puts Zarc in the Monster Zone instead of the Pendulum Zone >:(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I love about that combo are all the extra effects that they could have got off but didn't need to to demonstrate the combo. They could have searched Fusion Substitute instead of one of the Polys to get the extra draw, and they could have used the Xyz effect of Oracle of Zefra. 

I love that the combo requires some chain trickery as seen with chaining Drancia to Poly.

I love how it goes through a lot of the combo tricks we have seen in the past year. Vyon into Beatrice, the Denglong shenanigans and even Ultimaya Tzolkin.

I love that it give you the option of ending with Ultimaya + Zarc, considering that Ultimaya is to 5Ds what Zarc is to Arc-V.

What I don't love is that it puts Zarc in the Monster Zone instead of the Pendulum Zone >:(

Summon Red Dragon off Ultimaya and blow Zarc up?

Summon Red Dragon off Ultimaya and blow Zarc up?

Too bad you can't do that. as Ultimaya summons Ignister which is a crucial part of the combo, as its how you get the fusion on the board. Kaiji is right in your blatant shitposting, but he isn't correct about the reason.

Too bad you can't do that. as Ultimaya summons Ignister which is a crucial part of the combo, as its how you get the fusion on the board. Kaiji is right in your blatant shitposting, but he isn't correct about the reason.

If you bothered to read context slinky, I was talking to speedroid, and he wanted a way to destroy Zarc based on the current potential fields. There was a good way to do it the next turn.

I guess I should have mentioned Scrap Dragon too, hang me. Also Ignister isn't vital, you can easily sub that in for HRDA to destroy Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing if you need to

You completely missed the point. If you wait that turn, Zarc dies. He was obviously referring to putting it in the pendulum zone turn 1 to take advantage of its floodgate-esque effects on the opponent's turn, which you also can't do, because your p.zones are also full by the time you summon Zarc, and the 1 card combo already used Ignister, so you don't have a way to clear those scales without digging outside of the point of the combo, let alone a way to actually summon HRDA.

And yes, Ignister IS vital, because you can't summon Dinoster without it. so if you HRDA instead of Ignister, you can't Zarc with the combo. and if you somehow did, you can't HRDA the Zarc anyway, because you already used it to nuke the Zefraniu.

Try again for a zeni?

You completely missed the point. If you wait that turn, Zarc dies. He was obviously referring to putting it in the pendulum zone turn 1 to take advantage of its floodgate-esque effects on the opponent's turn, which you also can't do, because your p.zones are also full by the time you summon Zarc, and the 1 card combo already used Ignister, so you don't have a way to clear those scales without digging outside of the point of the combo, let alone a way to actually summon HRDA.

And yes, Ignister IS vital, because you can't summon Dinoster without it. so if you HRDA instead of Ignister, you can't Zarc with the combo. and if you somehow did, you can't HRDA the Zarc anyway, because you already used it to nuke the Zefraniu.

Try again for a zeni?

Too busy eating crow atm

Having it be any more than it is as far as card types is just unnecessary. Maybe if this was Duel Masters they would've played with the backdrop more, but they didn't. Not like it's a big deal anyways.

Where MAX accels is in damage output, but other than that it's just a body with protection. Did you ignore my last post? Because this card has a pretty dang good application, and that lies in its one-sided nuke. Zarc's great for resetting the opponent's gamestate, outputting a big amount of damage, and if that doesn't win it for you you can always go to MP2, use an effect to pop it (remember its protection is one-sided against the opponent, your effects still work) and plant it into the Pendulum Zone to further complicate the opponent's chances of coming back. This is a strong power play in all honesty.

Protection is also very relevant depending on when a monster is summoned, and if you're being smart for when you're dropping this, cards like Number 77 have proven that even just destruction immunity is enough to completely lock out a game and screw over an opponent. It's easy to say "protection is irrelevant", but keep in mind as to when that protection can really screw over an opponent, because jeepers can it ever.

I've said elsewhere but Zarc's main advantages are Astrograph existing and the field nuke

To clarify, I did not say protection is irrelevant even if I sometimes think it--but I do believe I can accurately say that when a card is win powerful, usually the protection is an additional bonus that can frequently even be dropped without changing relevancy, rather than the actual key.

People will unfortunately state the obvious when it comes to boss monsters with protection even though that same statement can be applied to literally every card in the game.

Hopefully the day will never come where we get a towers that can't be tributed.

As far as it goes Utopia Lightning and Kaiju never as relevant as the point that you're never summoning cards like this unless you've already won anyways

Boss monsters with protection are made significantly worse by Utopia Lightning and Kaiju but that's never been the main reason they're bad

Cost/return does it far more easily long

Relevant to both of you

words_that_end_in_gry.png

For a less confrontational post, would you even have Extra Deck space for that R O R

This card is pretty great in the Magician mirror, obv comparison goes to exciton except you can actually deal damage and have scales intact.

This is your best M2 option when your opponent's board gets complicated such as multiple startimes on board, needing to out both pendulumgraph of Ages and Spacetime so your opponent can't use it the next turn (you only have so many Violets)

This is easily made off Double Startime which is usually started with the Broken Iris Magician + Astrograph Sorcerer Combo. Tune Magician needs to be present but that goes without saying since Tune lets you make the 2nd Startime off 1 card (aka Tune is the best card in the deck)

Nobody is going to lightning this because Startime Magician protects this loooooooooool

As a general question, what exactly were people expecting from this guy anyway? "Can't be Tributed" + "Unaffected by other cards' effects" + "Cannot be destroyed by battle"?  Because it'd need all of that to bypass the usual Kaiju, Utopia the Lightning and Ignister comments.

Okay, I don't play TCG or OCG meta, so this always confused me. Like, I'm pretty sure almost every deck has Utopia the Lightning, it's the easiest to make 'Get out of a pinch' card there is, I dunno how prevalent Ignister is, but does every deck just randomly tech in Kaiju things? Because everyone always says 'Kaijus are an out' but isn't that going to affect your deck composition by teching in a random unsearchable (I think) card/cards?

Okay, I don't play TCG or OCG meta, so this always confused me. Like, I'm pretty sure almost every deck has Utopia the Lightning, it's the easiest to make 'Get out of a pinch' card there is, I dunno how prevalent Ignister is, but does every deck just randomly tech in Kaiju things? Because everyone always says 'Kaijus are an out' but isn't that going to affect your deck composition by teching in a random unsearchable (I think) card/cards?

affect deck composition a bit? : yes

unsearchable? : just replace your usual slot for mass removal with Interrupted Slumber

Archived