Supreme King Dragon Zarc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to summon him in the laziest way possible, you can mill 2 fusion dragons, 2 synchro dragons, 2 xyz dragons and any combination of 2 Fastwing, Odd Eyes Rebellion, or Odd Eyes Raging via Mega Zaborg and then use Dragon's Mirror or Miracle Synchro Fusion (which is searchable via the gates if you want to go that route). You'll have enough material to summon him twice as well. Probably not as consistent as the Magician route but possibly faster and "splashable" if you're running something with that kind of Extra Deck space.

Daily reminder that milling Predaplant Chimerafflesia also searches Miracle Synchro Fusion

That Gattling thing is better than this.

Not wrong but I mean it is obv meant to be SUPAH ANIMU card

Other daily reminder that protection is overrated

The monster part of this guy is expected for SUPAH ANIMU BAWS but that also means it's not any more outstanding than something like Chaos Maxx, which, salt aside, is also average at best

Pend effects are amazing tho

But in the end card only exists for meems, if you are in position to summon it you don't need to summon it outside of cheese reasons

wait a sec... if those are the fusion materials... then what the heck are those 4 ace dragon's pendulum magician counterpart for? I mean, if they're not fodder for Zarc, then what's the deal with their effect letting them have another name somehow similar to those 4 dragons? can anybody explain? (-- .)

wait a sec... if those are the fusion materials... then what the heck are those 4 ace dragon's pendulum magician counterpart for? I mean, if they're not fodder for Zarc, then what's the deal with their effect letting them have another name somehow similar to those 4 dragons? can anybody explain? (-- .)

They are Zarc fodder.

Astrograph Sorcerer and Chronograph Sorcerer lets you Summon him using those Magicians instead of the actual dragons.

They are Zarc fodder.

Astrograph Sorcerer and Chronograph Sorcerer lets you Summon him using those Magicians instead of the actual dragons.

holy crap, I fogot those two magicians actually exists... my goodness, you may not even waste those precious ED monsters just to summon this monstrosity of a card... What the what-? cD

(imagine this impossible scenario)

in my hand there's 6 pendulum cards, namely [astrograph, chronograph, iris, black fang, white wing, & violet poison] magician. What to do...

1. Put Astrograph and Chronograph in pend scales, pop then to replace them with Timegazer and Stargazer Magician.

2. Pendulum Summon the other 4 Magicians, including either Astrograph or Chronograph in ED.

3. Knock-knock

Who's there?

One of your worst nightmare, YOU KNOW WHO... xD

-I know it's quite impossible to pull it off, but who knows?

EDIT:

--I mean, why waste 4 valuable dragons when you can use recyclable ones instead, just for lolz xD

Pretty much, the Magicians are substitutes if you use Astrograph Magician's effect, as opposed to Poly or D-Mirror or similar, because Zarc's Materials are card-type based, rather than name based as Astrograph made me (us) think.

And yeah...Zarc is clearly designed more to be an anime boss monster rather than a RL game-breaking behemoth. Still pretty powerful, though, although this is less due to Zarc himself and more because of the support cards.

Pretty much, the Magicians are substitutes if you use Astrograph Magician's effect, as opposed to Poly or D-Mirror or similar, because Zarc's Materials are card-type based, rather than name based as Astrograph made me (us) think.

And yeah...Zarc is clearly designed more to be an anime boss monster rather than a RL game-breaking behemoth. Still pretty powerful, though, although this is less due to Zarc himself and more because of the support cards.

-and given that those four "dragon" magicians actually benefits from popping due to Supreme King Gate Zero & Infinity, sweet hell... I think it's gone a lot easier to see Zarc on the field already...

--oh pendulums, why? y u do dis???

Other daily reminder that protection is overrated

The monster part of this guy is expected for SUPAH ANIMU BAWS but that also means it's not any more outstanding than something like Chaos Maxx, which, salt aside, is also average at best

MAX is too strong for the effort it takes to summon, (zero) and is overall better than this for it.

S39 is the most poorly designed card of the modern era though. So many have used it to justify overpowered monsters being "not that hard to get over", "not that bad", etc.

Neither of those are here or there though, the fact of the matter is I expected MUCH more from this for all the hype it got; (i.e. an entire series).

Where the hell are the Pendulum Fusion/Pendulum Synchro Odd Eyes monsters?

Why isn't this card 4 colors?

They missed the mark even aesthetically, but hey, this series was much better than ZEXAL, whose premise was built on having an Extra Deck brimming with potential which was always thrown away for pumping up Hope's ATK score.

I'm rambling again...

MAX is too strong for the effort it takes to summon, (zero) and is overall better than this for it.

S39 is the most poorly designed card of the modern era though. So many have used it to justify overpowered monsters being "not that hard to get over", "not that bad", etc.

Neither of those are here or there though, the fact of the matter is I expected MUCH more from this for all the hype it got; (i.e. an entire series).

Where the hell are the Pendulum Fusion/Pendulum Synchro Odd Eyes monsters?

Why isn't this card 4 colors?

They missed the mark even aesthetically, but hey, this series was much better than ZEXAL, whose premise was built on having an Extra Deck brimming with potential which was always thrown away for pumping up Hope's ATK score.

I'm rambling again...

Having it be any more than it is as far as card types is just unnecessary. Maybe if this was Duel Masters they would've played with the backdrop more, but they didn't. Not like it's a big deal anyways.

Where MAX accels is in damage output, but other than that it's just a body with protection. Did you ignore my last post? Because this card has a pretty dang good application, and that lies in its one-sided nuke. Zarc's great for resetting the opponent's gamestate, outputting a big amount of damage, and if that doesn't win it for you you can always go to MP2, use an effect to pop it (remember its protection is one-sided against the opponent, your effects still work) and plant it into the Pendulum Zone to further complicate the opponent's chances of coming back. This is a strong power play in all honesty.

Protection is also very relevant depending on when a monster is summoned, and if you're being smart for when you're dropping this, cards like Number 77 have proven that even just destruction immunity is enough to completely lock out a game and screw over an opponent. It's easy to say "protection is irrelevant", but keep in mind as to when that protection can really screw over an opponent, because jeepers can it ever.

An interesting way of setting up a double Zarc play would be Mega Zaborg. (thanks to ygohack137, considering I have the idea from him) Considering the Supreme Dragon archtypes struggle getting Zarc's materials without much setup, while being able to tech Astrograph Magician, as well as searching Miracle Synchro Fusion.

I never said protection didn't matter, I said this wasn't worth the effort.

Why does Ultimate Falcon get far stronger protection than this?

The only thing Ultimate Falcon actually does is be a beater that can reduce ATK and slow-burn your opponent; without its immunity, it'd be nothing.  Zarc, on the other hand, tries to affect the board state in a meaningful way, even when disregarding his immunity. 

Also, Raidraptors are in a position where Ultimate Falcon is a joy to bring out because they don't have much else going for them in-theme, so his complete immunity is a necessity; Zarc is there to support an already strong theme, making the card winmoar in that theme.

As a general question, what exactly were people expecting from this guy anyway? "Can't be Tributed" + "Unaffected by other cards' effects" + "Cannot be destroyed by battle"?  Because it'd need all of that to bypass the usual Kaiju, Utopia the Lightning and Ignister comments.

The only thing Ultimate Falcon actually does is be a beater that can reduce ATK and slow-burn your opponent; without its immunity, it'd be nothing.  Zarc, on the other hand, tries to affect the board state in a meaningful way, even when disregarding his immunity. 

Also, Raidraptors are in a position where Ultimate Falcon is a joy to bring out because they don't have much else going for them in-theme, so his complete immunity is a necessity; Zarc is there to support an already strong theme, making the card winmoar in that theme.

As a general question, what exactly were people expecting from this guy anyway? "Can't be Tributed" + "Unaffected by other cards' effects" + "Cannot be destroyed by battle"?  Because it'd need all of that to bypass the usual Kaiju, Utopia the Lightning and Ignister comments.

People will unfortunately state the obvious when it comes to boss monsters with protection even though that same statement can be applied to literally every card in the game.

Hopefully the day will never come where we get a towers that can't be tributed.

From my testing, if you're not outright winning on the turn you summon this, or you're leaving it on the field during the EP, you're using this card wrong. The card is, in all honesty, a blatant win-button if you get it out successfully, because chances are you have at least two other things out and having one body cover half the kill is pretty dang helpful. Otherwise, if you're just leaving it out to get killed, you're using this card wrong. Any deck using this is either Magicians or w/e Koomy does with Supreme Kings, which are able to pop your own stuff at leasure; including your own Zarc so you can use it as a combo Majesty's Fiend/Dark Law.

I mean you've p much lost once Rhongo forces you to set and pass for the turn so p sure he gotchu there.

Also who cares about Kaiju and Lightning, my boi Zarc has 4k and nukes the field for an EZ direct attack, i think you win as soon as you summon this guy.

Pretty insane combo, but using half your deck and all of your ED for 1 monster lol

And half your lifepoints thanks to AHL, but Zarc is a pretty damn good card

I saw that combo typed up on the Org, pretty insane if you ask me. I could do myself a cup of tea whilst that combo is going.

I'm honestly shocked a 1 card quasar doesn't exist still

Errata'd rescue cat won't pull it off anymore

I’m sure someone clever enough TCG side can find something equally ridiculous.

How to make Supreme King Dragon Zarc in the OCG with just 1 card

Starting Card in Hand: A Hero Lives

1. Activate A Hero Lives

2. Special Summon Elemental HERO Stratos

3. Search Vision HERO Vyon

4. Normal Summon Vision HERO Vyon

5. Send Elemental HERO Shadow Mist to the Graveyard with the effect of Vision HERO Vyon

6. Search Destiny HERO – Malicious with the effect of Elemental HERO Shadow Mist

7. Use the effect of Vision HERO Vyon to banish Elemental HERO Shadow Mist, add Polymerization from your Deck to your hand.

8. Overlay Elemental HERO Stratos and Vision HERO Vyon to Xyz Summon Zoodiac Broadbull (a)

9. Use the effect of Zoodiac Broadbull to add Lunalight Black Sheep from your Deck to your hand

10. Use the effect of Lunalight Black Sheep to search for Polymerization

11. Xyz Summon Zoodiac Tigress on top of Broadbull (a)

12. Xyz Summon Zoodiac Broadbull (b) on top of Tigress

13. Use the effect of Zoodiac Broadbull (b) to search for Lunalight Tiger

14. Activate Lunalight Tiger in your Pendulum Zone

15. Use the effect of Lunalight Tiger to Special Summon Lunalight Black Sheep

16. Xyz Summon Zoodiac Drancia on top of Zoodiac Broadbull (b)

17. Activate Polymerization

18. Chain the effect of Zoodiac Drancia to destroy Lunalight Tiger

19. Fuse together Destiny HERO – Malicious (a) and Lunalight Black Sheep to Fusion Summon Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy

20. Use the effect of Lunalight Black Sheep to recover Lunalight Tiger

21. Activate Lunalight Tiger

22. Special Summon Lunalight Black Sheep from your Graveyard

23. Use the effect of Destiny HERO – Malicious in your Graveyard to Special Summon a second Destiny HERO – Malicious

24. Overlay Destiny HERO – Malicious (2nd) with Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy to Xyz Summon Beatrice, lady of the Eternal

25. Use the effect of Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal (using Destiny HERO – Malicious as the Cost) to send Phantasmal Miscellasaurus to the Graveyard

26. Use the effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus to Special Summon Jurrac Aeolo

27. Synchro Summon using Aeolo and Lunalight Black Sheep to make Tatsunoko

28. Activate Lunalight Tiger in your Pendulum Zone, using its effect to revive Lunalight Black Sheep a second time

29. Tune Tatsunoko and Black Sheep for Denglong, First of the Yang Zing

30. Search your first copy of Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing

31. Use the effect of Denglong, First of the Yang Zing to send your second Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing to the Graveyard, making its Level 6

32. Activate the effect of your 2nd Destiny HERO – Malicious, Special Summoning a 3rd Destiny HERO – Malicious

33. Send Denglong, First of the Yang Zing and Destiny HERO – Malicious to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ultimaya Tzolkin

34. Use the effect of Denglong, First of the Yang Zing to Special Summon a third Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing

35. Set Polymerization to activate the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin

36. Special Summon Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracolsayer

37. Use the effect of Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer to destroy your third Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing and shuffle Zoodiac Drancia back into your Deck

38. Activate your first Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing in your Pendulum Zong, Pendulum Summoning your third Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing

39. Use the effect of your third Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing to add Oracle of Zefra from your Deck to your hand

40. Activate Oracle of Zefra, adding Zefraxa, Flame Beast of the Nekroz from your Deck to your hand

41. Use the effect of Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer to Special Summon Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer

42. Use Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer and Zefraniu, Secret of the Yang Zing to Special Summon Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer

43. Xyz Summon Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger on top of Beatrice, lady of the Eternal

44. Activate Polymerization using the following:

– Fusion: Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer

– Synchro: Ignister Promience, the Blasting Dracoslayer (or Ultimaya Tzolkin)

– Xyz: Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger

– Pendulum: Zefraxa, Flame Beast of the Nekroz

Fusion Summon: Supreme King Dragon Zarc

Credit to BS

Archived