Supreme King Dragon Zarc

[spoiler=Big Image]Zarc-and-Pals-e1481700493734.jpg

Haohryuu Zarc / Supreme King Dragon Zarc

Dark Dragon / Fusion / Pendulum / Effect

PS1 LV12 4000/4000

Pendulum Effect:

(1) Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters your opponent controls cannot activate their effects. (2) Once per turn, when your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand outside of the Draw Phase: You can destroy that card(s).

Monster Effect:

1 Dragon-Type Fusion Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Xyz Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Pendulum Monster

Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all cards your opponent controls. (2) Cannot be targeted, or destroyed by, an opponent’s card effect. (3) When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Supreme King Servant Dragon” monster from your Main Deck or Extra Deck. (4) If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just...huh.

4000/4000 stats, Level 12 Fusion/Pendulum with a Scale 1. Interesting.

I can sort of see already how this card is going to work in the anime, and why it's so overwhelmingly powerful. The Materials are rather flexible, although the Magicians and Astrograph still seem more reliable for bringing it out without a stupid amount of investment.

In the Pendulum Zone, it locks down activated effects of Synchro, Xyz, and Fusions, meaning that pretty much only Pendulums remain fair game. And its second effect, in the context of the anime, is a "Destroy Action Cards" effect.

But it seems to be unable to be Pendulum Summoned, since it "must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Summoned by other ways". What's the point of having a Scale 13, then?

One sided Field nuke when Summoned. Can't be targeted or destroyed by opponent effects, SSes things when it kills monsters, and becomes a Pendulum Scale if it dies.

It definitely is a boss monster.

Problem is you need an empty field to fill that, so its kinda useless with zarc unless im missing something

Find a way to add a Synchro/Xyz/Fusion to your hand???

Honestly the lack of synergy with Odd-Eyes Fusion is so disappointing because of how close it is to being perfect.

Am I seeing Scales 0/13? That's awesome. Level 1 Pendulums aren't impossible to bring back if they do more of that in the future.

As for this boss, it sounds fairly easy to prepare a Vortex Dragon with an OG Odd-Eyes (Pendulum) + Meteorburst(Synchro) early on, then make an Absolute (Xyz) if you wanna really focus on bringing this out.

There'd still be an issue that Dragon's Mirror sounds like the best bet and that doesn't seem to mix very well with what otherwise would be a turn 1 or 2 Sky Iris play.

It sounds pretty overpowering, but in a way that sort of screams "anime boss", though not of the bad kind. I'll try to get it when it comes out in TCG.

Scale 0 isn't redundant as we have level 1 pends, shame I doubt we'll get Leo's fusion pend though.

I meant in the context of said scale being in direct support of Zarc itself and then having Zarc not be able to benefit from said scale that seems to have been elevated specifically to accommodate said boss.

I meant in the context of said scale being in direct support of Zarc itself and then having Zarc not be able to benefit from said scale that seems to have been elevated specifically to accommodate said boss.

That's true, though I'm not surprised Konami tacked on the cannot be SS'd other ways clause on Zarc. Perhaps it can be PS'd in the anime, we don't know.

Isn't this the first Fusion Pendulum? I guess it's not as surprising, but good to see Fusion Pendulums becoming official.

And yeah, when I read its materials and type my first thought was that Dragon's Mirror will be one of the most feasible ways for Fusion Summoning it.

Isn't this the first Fusion Pendulum? I guess it's not as surprising, but good to see Fusion Pendulums becoming official.

And yeah, when I read its materials and type my first thought was that Dragon's Mirror will be one of the most feasible ways for Fusion Summoning it.

The first one officially  released. The first one in the anime was one of Leo Akaba's cards.

Yay, Odd-Eyes Fusion fills half of this card's Fusion mat needed.

The other half can be fulfilled with a Dragon Pendulum on hand/field + Instant Fusion --> Darkfire Dragon.

EDIT: Nvm, Odd Eyes Fusion requires you to control no monsters to use fodder from the Extra Deck.

If you want to summon him in the laziest way possible, you can mill 2 fusion dragons, 2 synchro dragons, 2 xyz dragons and any combination of 2 Fastwing, Odd Eyes Rebellion, or Odd Eyes Raging via Mega Zaborg and then use Dragon's Mirror or Miracle Synchro Fusion (which is searchable via the gates if you want to go that route). You'll have enough material to summon him twice as well. Probably not as consistent as the Magician route but possibly faster and "splashable" if you're running something with that kind of Extra Deck space.

So, did anyone else notice that its non-target/destroy effects only apply to opponent's cards? Basically put, probably the best use of this card is to summon, nuke, slap for 4K+, then pop it yourself with whatever effect you want, plant it as a scale and now you have a Majesty's Fiend for opponent's ED monsters and a Dark Law lite. That's a pretty big power play.

Archived