Toadally Awesome

This card was a mistake to make to begin with.

But they made it even worse by giving it this tcg name.

#JustKonamiThings

Does every last move make you mad? =x

Like, I get being upset by things, but it seems like you're constantly mad at Konami unless they're shilling out Ruris.

Treatoad isn't even that oppresive, unless made in multiples, which is the fault of other cards. It's not really a mistake, in that regard.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like, I get being upset by things, but it seems like you're constantly mad at Konami unless they're shilling out Ruris.

Treatoad isn't even that oppresive, unless made in multiples, which is the fault of other cards. It's not really a mistake, in that regard.

Lol no, it doesn't (tho i did get a bit salty after seeing the bit of RATE but that was more of a "How did this get in vs this type of ordeal"). Besides i'd probably be saltier if they brought out trash tier ruris, but that's just me.

I was essentially talking about the multiples and the turbo decks that abuse that (Water Hero, Frog Engine, Bahamut Shark).

Wait, here's a question, semi-serious.

When people play competitively, or even casually with friends, how often do they actually say a card's name? As opposed to some sort of shortened version or nickname?

Like, I can easily see people calling this thing "Treatoad" when actually talking about it, because its TCG name, while hilarious, is painfully uncomfortable to actually SAY aloud, because it's such a horrible pun (but if you're the type who likes puns, you'll probably derive great joy in saying its name).

For example, when I play No. 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, I don't say its full name. I mostly just call it "No. 107" (when Summoning it) and "Tachyon" when declaring attacks or effect.

And if Starve Venom's TCG name is going to be "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon", I'll still ALWAYS call it "Starve Venom" because it rolls off the tongue better.

Then again, I'm also the type to keep saying "Des-Toy" over "Frightfur", so...

I usually drop archetype words out of names, so "Paleozoic Anomalocaris" becomes "Anomalocaris" and "Flower Cardian Lightshower" becomes either "Lightshower" or "Ameshikou" (the latter of which often confuses people so I try not to do it). However, I will make sure to call this card by its full name every time, because I love/hate puns.

Wait, here's a question, semi-serious.

When people play competitively, or even casually with friends, how often do they actually say a card's name? As opposed to some sort of shortened version or nickname?

Like, I can easily see people calling this thing "Treatoad" when actually talking about it, because its TCG name, while hilarious, is painfully uncomfortable to actually SAY aloud, because it's such a horrible pun (but if you're the type who likes puns, you'll probably derive great joy in saying its name).

For example, when I play No. 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, I don't say its full name. I mostly just call it "No. 107" (when Summoning it) and "Tachyon" when declaring attacks or effect.

And if Starve Venom's TCG name is going to be "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon", I'll still ALWAYS call it "Starve Venom" because it rolls off the tongue better.

Then again, I'm also the type to keep saying "Des-Toy" over "Frightfur", so...

at my locals its kinda mixed. but most of the time we have no need to declare the name nor even nick name at all. its a common sense-like agreement that i don't have to shove names to my playing partner ears unless he ask for certain explanation (either effect that declare names, to sure-check HOPT effects, or simply never know the existence of that card)

on the other hand if the mood is good or the game state become interesting (and by this, it mean some thing unexpected is happen like Meta is brought down by Rogue...etc). there will be fair amount of name declaring just for sake of LOL or epicness

Treatoad is better than most other CDI clones, it negates at a +1 and is a +1 on death 

And is honestly the most generic one. It's not even Baha, you see funking metalphosis running a basic Swap-Toad engine to play this guy. It needs a limit asap

f*** off monsters

Just because you're here from an event. doesn't mean that you get to comment meaningless unrelated garbage and get away unpunished.

This seems rather harsh, really. I mean, We say stupid, unrleated sheet on a lot of these threads anyway that doesn't reflect our views of the card or us trying to show somebody a different view of it. Hell, your comment is just as bad, except it's directly rude, rather than just having fun.

This seems rather harsh, really. I mean, We say stupid, unrleated s*** on a lot of these threads anyway that doesn't reflect our views of the card or us trying to show somebody a different view of it. Hell, your comment is just as bad, except it's directly rude, rather than just having fun.

except I commented something at least attempting to be constructive first

TOAD PUNS.

I like your sig

OT: If I negate the effect of my opponent's BLS-EtoB, can I set it to my side of the field even though it "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set."? Also, does the setting of a monster with Toadally Awesome count as a Special Summon in face-down Defence Position or not?

I like your sig

OT: If I negate the effect of my opponent's BLS-EtoB, can I set it to my side of the field even though it "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set."? Also, does the setting of a monster with Toadally Awesome count as a Special Summon in face-down Defence Position or not?

I don't have anything to cite but this should be similar to "Omega returning to the field" not counting as a special sunmon. It should be able to to steal BLS without any problems.

I like your sig

I don't have anything to cite but this should be similar to "Omega returning to the field" not counting as a special sunmon. It should be able to to steal BLS without any problems.

If I recall correctly OCG rulings have treated it as Special Summoning in face-down Def.

Yeah, Toadally Awesome's Quick Effect Special Summons monsters in face-down Defense Position. As do other card effects that Set cards that can be monsters (Space-Time Police's).

So it doesn't work on post-errata CED, since that's a full nomi, correct?

But it would work on EtoB despite the fact that its text states that it cannot be Set?

Obviously, Nomis aren't immune to Book of Moon, but y'know what I mean.

Hell, what does it matter to me anyway? It's not like I'd actually use this, and since I'm playing Paleozoics, I'm unaffected by monster effects anyway.

So it doesn't work on post-errata CED, since that's a full nomi, correct?

But it would work on EtoB despite the fact that its text states that it cannot be Set?

Obviously, Nomis aren't immune to Book of Moon, but y'know what I mean.

Yup, it can't Set Nomi monsters.

BLS says that it cannot be Normal Set, but it can still be Set by other ways, such as by Toadally Awesome's Quick Effect and Book of Moon.

Archived