Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon

AznBlade

Just for fun, hopefully Red-Eyes could be as competitive as Blue-Eyes :P

S8Ugyqx.jpg

Dragon/Effect

ATK 2400 /DEF 2000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in your hand. You can only Special Summon "Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon" once per turn this way. This card's name becomes "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to it's original ATK. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Eh, it looks amazing. My own biggest weakness is that I can't holo my cards for sheet~

I'm okay with the first part about only allowing the monster to be SS'ed once per turn, like Blue Eyes Alternative. If you remember the Spell Card, "Burst Stream of Destruction", which was named after the signature attack of Blue Eyes, then you would recognize that the Alternative carries a toned down effect of that Spell Card.

Like Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes has the Spell "Inferno Fire Blast", which inflicts direct damage to your opponent equal to the Original ATK of Red Eyes. However, this card does not seem to be a toned down version, as most monsters your opponent controls would have high ATK in the meta. Granted, it won't work on the Level 7+ Kozmo ships, but placed against a deck like Blue Eyes, you can pretty much inflict over 5000 damage in a single turn using this card and Inferno Fire Blast.

Of course, Inferno Fire Blast is a dead card if you control no Red Eyes. But if you think about the amount of support for the card today, it's not too hard to get them out and start burning your opponent. Normally, this card would be a little too OP (Soul Charging 3 copies from your Graveyard at once can turn an 1800 ATK monster to inflict 5400 damage all at once). But luckily, because we're talking meta, I personally don't believe there's an issue to power up a Red Eyes deck. After burning, you can overlay for Flare Metal and hard press your opponent to activate cards/effects.

So good job.

I don't think making an Blue-Eyes Alt Dragon expy is the right way to go in supporting Red-Eyes. Alt Dragon works for Blue-Eyes because they have Melody of Awakening Dragon, which basically searches Alt from your deck and makes it instantly live at the cost of one discard. Red-Eyes has no good searchers, just Black Metal Dragon, so you're not going to be able to get REBD and this card in your hand consistently.

Red-Eyes focuses on dumping their cards to the graveyard from the deck then reviving them. This card's not going to be live in the graveyard if it's sent from deck. This card also isn't a Black Stone target or a Flare Metal target.

I think it'd be better if it could be summoned by revealing any Red-Eyes, or if its special summon wasn't restricted.

It's honestly beyond me why a second retrain is the right way to go about it when that niche is filled for Red-Eyes; Black Flare is already a monster, and having a second retrain doesn't make any sense other than to copy Blue-Eyes. Honestly, this isn't the card they need to actually boost Red-Eyes in any significant manner, and doesn't fix any of their existing faults.

I'm only defending this because as Shadowliepard had already pointed out: Red Eyes have sheet support compared to Blue Eyes.

This card makes Summoning Black Metal Flare easier. Aside from Red Eyes Black Flare being the only re-train; just admit it, the gemini retrain is garbage. This boosts the Red Eyes in the sense that it makes their main target (burning away the opponent's LP), a lot easier. Getting your opponent to lower LP icreases Metal Flare being more of a threat, since he only burns for 500 LP per card/effect.

Also, does nobody remember Summoner's Art anymore? It might not be as consistent as Blue-Eyes, but atleast this card (Alternative Red Eyes) will help support the deck more than it currently is.

Archived