Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for being able to spam Psychic against it...guess I gotta spam EQ/some other decent Ground move now to one-shot it (not like it'll be an issue).

But to be fair, the type isn't exactly unique to it, as Stunky/Skuntank already have that combination and I believe Drapion does too.

----

Oh right, and some other stuff (i.e. Jangmo-o evolves into a Dragon/Fighting, Type-Null is like Arceus and evolves into something), but take with grain of salt right now until Serebii gets pics.

Poison/Dark is a sweet type. 4 resistances, 1 immunity, and a STAB combo that works well together. Drapion is a pretty solid Pokemon and he has that type combo.

Not a big fan of Dragon/Fighting as a type combo. Null being a mini Arceus was said before, if it ends up being the case that would be cool.

Edit: I always forget Skuntank also is Poison/Dark. We got two Pokemon with such a unique type in the same Gen and 1 is WAY cooler than the other.

Poison/Dark is a sweet type. 4 resistances, 1 immunity, and a STAB combo that works well together. Drapion is a pretty solid Pokemon and he has that type combo.

Not a big fan of Dragon/Fighting as a type combo. Null being a mini Arceus was said before, if it ends up being the case that would be cool.

Edit: I always forget Skuntank also is Poison/Dark. We got two Pokemon with such a unique type in the same Gen and 1 is WAY cooler than the other.

There are 2 things incorrect here

Well, Dragon/Fighting pretty much translates to "you better switch out on a Fairy or else I'm dead" (see Hydreigon), unless it gets something to deal with that glaring 4x weakness (unlikely a new ability). We'll have to see where it goes in the long run.

Fighting types usually get Poison Jab, and bigger fighting-types sometimes get Gunk Shot. 

Also, Garchomp, Landorus, and Gliscor all have 4x ice weaknesses, a very common and good attacking type, but they still manage to be useful in their tier because of team support.

This is also considering that fairy is not a widely distributed type.

Fighting types usually get Poison Jab, and bigger fighting-types sometimes get Gunk Shot. 

Also, Garchomp, Landorus, and Gliscor all have 4x ice weaknesses, a very common and good attacking type, but they still manage to be useful in their tier because of team support.

One of those is an uber, the other a legendary, and the last is an impressive physical wall with status immunity. So, it's no wonder they hit like damn trucks.

One of those is an uber, the other a legendary, and the last is an impressive physical wall with status immunity. So, it's no wonder they hit like damn trucks.

That's

My point

Having a 4x weakness doesn't make a Pokémon inherently bad, and arguments based solely off of type don't make any sense.

Also, Landorus-Therian is OU. Regular Landorus never really sees play in Uber.

So Type: Null will either have an entirely new ability or have Multitype as it's ability. It also having an evolution makes me think it's stats will either be in the high 300s or low 400 total wise for it's first form.

Dragon/Fighting, it's new and in exchange to that addition it's gains a Dark,Bug, Rock, resistance but gains a weakness to Flying & Psychic along with an extra 2x weakness to fairy for a 4x weakness.

On the offensive side, It gets a really heavy hitter in terms of STAB. So now it can hit Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, & Steel. That's pretty good coverage.

Question is, what will Type: Null's evolution even be like? Plus I could easily see it being a 1 per game Pokemon.

Also, given Alola Grimer is a thing, we can expect Alola Muk. While we don't know of an Alola Persian to be fair, it would kind of be a downgrade if they evolved normally, and lost the benefits of their Alola Forms.

Question is, what will Type: Null's evolution even be like? Plus I could easily see it being a 1 per game Pokemon.

Also, given Alola Grimer is a thing, we can expect Alola Muk. While we don't know of an Alola Persian to be fair, it would kind of be a downgrade if they evolved normally, and lost the benefits of their Alola Forms.

I didn't even think it would GET one, it looks so much like a single-line Pokemon.

Agreed on the Alolan forms; Evoling from a regular to an Alolan like Exxegcute and Pikachu makes perfect sense, but not the other way around. 

On another note, Alolan Grimer looks goofy as hell, but I like it.

DRAGON/FIGHTING? HEEEEEY NOW.

Evolution could be more of a symbolic thing in this case: 

If Type: Null is an Arceus clone, it's meant to tap into the godly power of creation. Whilst we can infer it didn't succeed, it's possible it has some traces of that power. Just enough to alter itself and try and perfect it's own being. So evolution in this case would be it's own attempt to reach divinity than biological evolution. 

Alternatively it's just the end result of removing Type:Nulls mask, which I think was referenced to be binding in some manner. The mask is released, it has a surge in power, it changes form in response to said surge. 

>Grimer is now Poison/Dark

corocoro11161th.jpg

...I find this to be weird.

Mainly because, appearance wise, he resembles a volcano- but hes now Dark in addition to being Poison? Ok.

Alola forms seem to have an emphasis on Dark, in addition to Ghost.

Also-

Doesn't Type:Null getting different evolutions that are different types, based on what it holds, confirm a relation to Arceus?

Curious what was incorrect in the post?

A 4x weakness to a type certainly isn't a death nail for a Pokemon, but it does make their life a lot more difficult. And even if fairy isn't a common type, we have a number in the higher tiers meaning your going to have to deal with them.

So no word on final stage starters?

Also, if there's an Alolan Grimer then there has to be an Alolan Muk too.

Finally, what about Backward compatability?

We aren't getting the final forms until the games come out.

Backwards compatibility is all in Pokebank.

>Grimer is now Poison/Dark

corocoro11161th.jpg

...I find this to be weird.

Mainly because, appearance wise, he resembles a volcano- but hes now Dark in addition to being Poison? Ok.

Alola forms seem to have an emphasis on Dark, in addition to Ghost.

Also-

Doesn't Type:Null getting different evolutions that are different types, based on what it holds, confirm a relation to Arceus?

I'm curious how Grimer works in such a clean looking region as Alola.

If it really does change types it would more or less confirms some relation to Arceus.

Anyway, weird that CoroCoro started to leak, but all we have confirmation on is one thing.

So assuming the stats don't dramatically change for Alolan Muk, it's basically just a special bulk version of Drapion, except more likely to have a worse stat spread.

Without changing its movepool too much, they could just idk switch its ATK and SpA. Seeing as Muk actually has access to Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, etc. already.

I'll probably want Jangmo-o on my playthrough team.

Archived