Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Okay so looking between the forms and
Torracat has black claws, "leaked evolution" has white.

Musclecat seems to be a darker shade of red than the previous forms, and doesn't have the grey on the ears. Also that shade of grey on its torso isn't seen on either of previous forms. Oh and the tip of the tail isn't black, like its previous forms. Oh and a fun thing to note is that the second stage has its arrow suddenly sprout a single spike of hair and then it vanishes on Musclecat. Oh and I've always been bothered by how cartoonish Musclecat's hands look, especially given the other forms are VERY simple cat paws.

Small things but it does make me think of a chance it's not. I wonder if it's possible these were concept arts they didn't go with? Or if it's ONE form...
Also I was thinking. Why is Mallow with the Fire final evolution in the leak, instead of the Grass one? Weird.

Oh speaking of. Archer owl. Look at its head under the hood. It's black. And looks nothing like its preevolutions.

Buuut the Water one is pretty similar...Oh but it is interesting because its preevolutions are definately going more the clown route than diva, while Rowlet turns into kinda a diva.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, the final forms were leaked months before Mallow was revealed, so there's a very minute chance that they aren't real. Especially with how similar Brionne is to final!poppilio.

I'm not saying the leaks are wrong, or the leaks are right, but it is wholly possible for even correct leaks to contain incorrect information, as a means to protect those performing the leaks, so it is important to take everything with a grain of salt.

Also brionne's appearance resembling the leak's evolution isn't terribly relevant when it is such an obvious evolution.

I'm not saying the leaks are wrong, or the leaks are right, but it is wholly possible for even correct leaks to contain incorrect information, as a means to protect those performing the leaks, so it is important to take everything with a grain of salt.

Also brionne's appearance resembling the leak's evolution isn't terribly relevant when it is such an obvious evolution.

Intentional misinforming is a thing... for text leaks. These are visual leaks. Actual art. Making and posting a full fake art by a random leaker is not believable.

Even then, the fire cat looks entirely plausible, as it looks similar enough to Torracat, and Mr. Battle Butler also fits. He uses his feathers as darts/throwing knives, similarly to how the supposed robinhoot uses them as arrows, and it's entirely possible that the green on its face is its hood growing in.

And when we saw the owl open its eyes, we definitely saw eyes that resemble the fully evolved form.

I also object to your last point. You can clearly see the exact changes happening with Brionne, such as the white on its body/patterns forming as they should. It's more than just "obvious evolution" connection.

I would also like to cite Chespin, who looks... absurdly different from where he comes and from where he goes to.

Do you have to actively stop it evolving or would giving it an everstone have the same effect?

I'm cool with Torracat having a bell organ on its neck, kind of neat. Wonder what happens when you kick it...

I normally just have them holding a lucky egg so I've never tried that. You get even more EXP this way.

You burn your foot.

Okay so looking between the forms and

Torracat has black claws, "leaked evolution" has white.

Musclecat seems to be a darker shade of red than the previous forms, and doesn't have the grey on the ears. Also that shade of grey on its torso isn't seen on either of previous forms. Oh and the tip of the tail isn't black, like its previous forms. Oh and a fun thing to note is that the second stage has its arrow suddenly sprout a single spike of hair and then it vanishes on Musclecat. Oh and I've always been bothered by how cartoonish Musclecat's hands look, especially given the other forms are VERY simple cat paws.

Small things but it does make me think of a chance it's not. I wonder if it's possible these were concept arts they didn't go with? Or if it's ONE form...

Also I was thinking. Why is Mallow with the Fire final evolution in the leak, instead of the Grass one? Weird.

Oh speaking of. Archer owl. Look at its head under the hood. It's black. And looks nothing like its preevolutions.

Buuut the Water one is pretty similar...Oh but it is interesting because its preevolutions are definately going more the clown route than diva, while Rowlet turns into kinda a diva.

It was only concept art so things could have changed some between that and the finalization. I do still believe that the final forms will be close or exactly what was leaked though.

Salt is very important with any leak. Though the through line between the fire and water starters has me more believing in the leak. That and I'm tying to brace myself for when we see them for real since I only really liked the Grass one. Though maybe seeing them in game will change that some.

I honestly didn't think it was a super obvious evolution.

Also, running under the assumption that the leak was wholly true, iirc it said litten's final evolution was dark, not fighting. This creates a small issue with the fact that there is no type relation between dark and flying (which can only be assumed to be the secondary typing of rowlet's evolution), which causes issues since poplio's is claimed to be fairy

Admittedly, the cycle for secondary typing never quite worked anyway, since sceptile is immune to swampert's ground moves and greninja is immune to delphox's psychic moves.

A potential solution would be for rowlet's evolution to actually be Grass/fighting rather than flying, but that is vastly improbable.

But sheet, that would be cool.

Also, running under the assumption that the leak was wholly true, iirc it said litten's final evolution was dark, not fighting. This creates a small issue with the fact that there is no type relation between dark and flying (which can only be assumed to be the secondary typing of rowlet's evolution), which causes issues since poplio's is claimed to be fairy

Admittedly, the cycle for secondary typing never quite worked anyway, since sceptile is immune to swampert's ground moves and greninja is immune to delphox's psychic moves.

A potential solution would be for rowlet's evolution to actually be Grass/fighting rather than flying, but that is vastly improbable.

Those, and Empoleon stuck out in the Gen 4 starters not having a type to counter Torterra. So I don't think it'd be that big an issue for final Litten to be Fire/Dark if that's the reasoning against it.

The leak didn't claim a type. That was fan speculation.

The closest thing we had to a type confirmation was the official JP site having the following types imbedded when we only knew the starters (in this order).

Grass

Flying

Ground

Fire

Water

And, even then, no confirmation. It's plausible, but does seem likely for the siren to be fairy, as well.

So the evo's are Dartrix for Rowlet, Torracat for Litten and Brionne for Popplio. I'll pick Popplio for Sun and Rowlet for Moon. Glad we get Mega's again. And also, Ash Greninja, ME WANT!

So how much space does the demos take up? I'd like an Ash Greninja for each one. After which, I transfer the Ash Greninja to both full versions and delete the demo.

Uh, no, only Flying-Types are immune to Ground moves; Grass-Types are only resistant to them.

And yeah, it seems more and more likely that the leak is real, but Mallow's presence there already left little to no doubt about that. My only hopes are that against all odds Tony Tiger doesn't turn out to be another Fire/Fighting final stage starter (they could took inspiration from a heel wrestler and make it a Dark-Type, for instance), OR as implied by Corocoro when they claimed Rockruff and the starters all share a secret, they'll receive alternate final evolution forms (probably the most human-like being exclusive to Moon because werebeasts and all).

Uh, no, only Flying-Types are immune to Ground moves; Grass-Types are only resistant to them.

And yeah, it seems more and more likely that the leak is real, but Mallow's presence there already left little to no doubt about that. My only hopes are that against all odds Tony Tiger doesn't turn out to be another Fire/Fighting final stage starter (they could took inspiration from a heel wrestler and make it a Dark-Type, for instance), OR as implied by Corocoro when they claimed Rockruff and the starters all share a secret, they'll receive alternate final evolution forms (probably the most human-like being exclusive to Moon because werebeasts and all).

You do know sceptile is a flying type, right?

EDIT: TURNS OUT IT ISN'T I AM JUST AN IDIOT

I don't think CoroCoro said Rockruff and the starters shared a secret. Might have been said somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

While it would be really sweet, I think that might be TOO big a break from tradition.

I have found something pri close to that, which came from CoroCoro (just leaving it here):

Saturday: Pokémon Sun & Moon - CoroCoro Reveals + Zygarde Trailers + Pokémon National Championship Streams - Serebii.net News

But I will say, it says on Serebii they all "hide a secret," not that they share one. They could share it, too, but it seems to be just speculation for now. As far as I know, that remains to be seen (I may have missed some things, though).

I have found something pri close to that, which came from CoroCoro (just leaving it here):

Saturday: Pokémon Sun & Moon - CoroCoro Reveals + Zygarde Trailers + Pokémon National Championship Streams - Serebii.net News

But I will say, it says on Serebii they all "hide a secret," not that they share one. They could share it, too, but it seems to be just speculation for now. As far as I know, that remains to be seen (I may have missed some things, though).

Very interesting. That actually is something. I did check, but only looked at the issue that lead into last month's and since I didn't see it there I figured it wasn't CoroCoro.

All these Tumblr memes showing up on Facebook then showing up on here.

I disagree that Litten's middle evolution looks all that much like the leaked final form.

Ignoring everything else everyone has said to argue this opinion. The description of Litten talks about its powerful forepaw punches. The leaked final evo stands on two legs and has big fists. Not that much of a stretch to say it's likely real.

You do know sceptile is a flying type, right?

EDIT: TURNS OUT IT ISN'T I AM JUST AN IDIOT

WOW GIGA

So, Ash-Greninja.

Thinking about it, compared to regular Greninja, you are basically giving up protean for a (presumably considerable) stat boost, achieved either after it has KOd a Pokemon, or simply been out a number of turns (or some other mechanism not clear in the trailer).

Though protean is an extremely powerful ability, it isn't really what sent Greninja to ubers (since Greninja tends to work best as a suicide lead) so I think this has a lot of potential, assuming it is easy enough to turn on.

Archived