Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Thoughts]

- The grass starter looks interesting to say the least, the fire starter looks quite cool and the water starter looks pretty

- The festival thing is interesting, dunno how much I'll use it though

- The PC thing is pretty interesting, I do like that your boxed 'mons can do stuff

- We finally have Megas confirmed,

- And finaly Ash-Greninja. Cool, defo getting le demo then.

Next info dump, October 14th same time

[spoiler=Preview thoughts]

• Popplio's evolution isn't too bad; just see what its final form looks like (if this isn't already it). It is feminine looking, but not too offset by it.
  • Other two are fine for the most part.
  • Mega Evolution confirmed back; well, it'd be pretty dumb to introduce a concept that you only get to use for one generation.
  • Poke Pelago sounds interesting, and apparently lets you find items and stuff while you keep them in the PC. Oh right, and guess some level training
  • Demo version in two weeks with Ash-Greninja. (OK, let's hope we can soft reset and get good natures out of it)
    • Nintendo, can we please have the option to choose gender this time (and/or our own names)?

Now to find the Japanese trailers because those usually have things that English ones don't.

EDIT:

(Stuff from JP trailer)

Apparently GTS gets a revamp in Sun/Moon, and showing the clothing options again. That, and learning the Japanese names for the starters.

Dartrix is one handsome owl.

The Pelago looks really cool. Better than having them sit in a PC anyway.

Confirmation of the return of Mega Evolution at last! I was getting worried.

The festival looks like it'll be similar to the little malls you built in White/Black/2. Hopefully theres more customization there than was shown, because that was a favorite part of those games for me.

I'm pleased with the mid evolutions for the starters. It's cool that Dartrix is maintaining Rowlet's gentlemanly appearance and Torracat makes me hopeful its evolution won't be a fighting type since all the other fire fighters gained their second type by mid evolution.

I actually really like that your PC pokémon can do stuff. Aside from the practicality in leveling up and finding items, it also adds some humanity to the lore where your pokémon don't just rot in cyberspace when you're not using them.

I can't believe they showed off 4 of the most broken mega evolutions. It's like they know how imbalanced mega evolution is. I'm hoping "revisit" just means there's a specific place you can use it in (that isn't general online battling) because, quite frankly, I was really looking forward to there not being any mega evolution in this game.

Dartrix isn't a high school bishonen. It's a high school beauty queen. Did you see the flip of that hair? Gorgeous. Also the tee-hee after you pet it. Not to mention how angry it gets when you touch its hair. funking amazing.

"Torracat" -> "Terracot" Yeah I'm still on the train that it's Fire / Ground.

Brionne is cute.

It's hard to really say anything about the Festival Plaza or Poké Pelago. Could be useful. Could be something on the side that I'm never going to take part in like so many other things in past gens.

DEMO. ASH GRENINJA. YEAH!

Ice Stone confirmed? That's cool. I remember when Alola Vulpix and Ninetales were revealed, I theorised whether such a stone would exist.

Do you find it hilarious how, in addition to the Leaf Stone, an inclusion of an Ice Stone would be ideal for Eevee to use them to evolve into its respective forms?

I mean, they should totally consider doing that now.

Do you find it hilarious how, in addition to the Leaf Stone, an inclusion of an Ice Stone would be ideal for Eevee to use them to evolve into its respective forms?

I agree, they probs should consider it (I mean Feebas had the two evo methods in ORAS), though I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the old way.

Good. The previous method for evolving was funking dumb.

And looks like that little theory about how the Z-ring had a slot that looks like the mega bracelet's was EXACTLY correct. Rejoice.

Having both methods would be good though, since we still don't know if there will be a Moss/Ice Rock in Alola where you can evolve Glaceon/Leafeon, or least accessible early game. Stones are easier to use, but how easily we can get them remains to be seen for now. But yeah, Ice Stone's probably for Alola Vulpix and stuff.

Starter-wise, still going for original choice.

Having both methods would be good though, since we still don't know if there will be a Moss/Ice Rock in Alola where you can evolve Glaceon/Leafeon, or least accessible early game. Stones are easier to use, but how easily we can get them remains to be seen for now. But yeah, Ice Stone's probably for Alola Vulpix and stuff.

I mean, it looks like you can get them for free with poke-pelago

I was thinking the exact same thing.

And hell, if you think about it, they COULD redux the whole line at this point to give them each a stone:

Umbreon -> Dusk Stone/Moon Stone

Espeon -> Dawn Stone/Sun Stone

Glaceon -> Ice/Snow Stone

Leafeon -> Leaf Stone

Sylveon -> Shiny Stone

Though I doubt they go that far. Glaceon and Leafeon seem like easy calls tho imo

I was thinking the exact same thing.

And hell, if you think about it, they COULD redux the whole line at this point to give them each a stone:

Umbreon -> Dusk Stone/Moon Stone

Espeon -> Dawn Stone/Sun Stone

Glaceon -> Ice/Snow Stone

Leafeon -> Leaf Stone

Sylveon -> Shiny Stone

Though I doubt they go that far. Glaceon and Leafeon seem like easy calls tho imo

Making all the evolutions stone-based will also make it more convenient to acquire a level 50/100 eevee, since the z-move makes it more desirable.

The mid forms more or less confirm the leaks since Litten's and Popplio's looks a TON like they could become the leaked final forms.

Don't really have any comments on the two new mode things. They seem neat I guess.

Mega Evos coming back is expected. Hopefully they don't become available until the post game.

Based on what I've seen written, it sounds like Ash-Gren comes from the demo. Looks like if you want a good one your going to need to restart the demo a bunch. That seems annoying. Still, cool to see him in the game.

Anyway, some more info from Serebii.

VGC 2017 is only Aloladex Pokemon and you can't use Megas. Also seems like you can use Pokemon from XY/ORAS but they need to meet the conditions still. Full quote incase I'm mistaken

"Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).

Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.

Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered."

Also, Global Link goes down on the 1st of next month. You have that long to do everything you want with the services it provides.

Unlikely to happen imo. One of the things they've done when giving evolutions to older Pokemon is keeping the way to get them from having been previously available. They certainly could change this rule, but I like that they at least tried to give the games an internal reason for why Pokemon now had new evolutions other then "we just made them".

Making all the evolutions stone-based will also make it more convenient to acquire a level 50/100 eevee, since the z-move makes it more desirable.

I'm not sure if happiness evaluations works this way, but when you stop Pokemon from evolving via level up they start to level faster (20% give or take). This isn't the case for stone evos though so the inconvenience of needing to stop the evolution is made up for by you training them faster.

That music is great.

Emo gentleman owl is certainly amusing.
Torracat looks pretty good all together, wonder what's up with the...bell?
Brionne is the cutest thing omg
Surprised, I don't really dislike any of the middle evolutions, though Brionne is easily my favorite of them.
The festival thing is fun looking.
omg you get a place where you can interact with your boxed Mons that's genius.
ayyyy Mega evolution, good.
lmao they actually call it Ash-Greninja
Also good, Ice Stone. That makes me feel better.

I disagree that Litten's middle evolution looks all that much like the leaked final form. It doesn't NOT but it kind of is too generic to say that...also seriously wtf is up with that bell? That alone makes me question.

Oooh but maybe it's the thing on the belt...hmm must look again

I disagree that Litten's middle evolution looks all that much like the leaked final form. It doesn't NOT but it kind of is too generic to say that...also seriously wtf is up with that bell? That alone makes me question.

Maybe I should put it a different way. I can totally see how that form can become the leaked one. There is a logical progression there.

From the Sun/Moon page

"The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat’s neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat’s emotions cause a rise in the organ’s temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell."

Speaking of, the page also says that the cat is really punchy. Please don't let that mean it comes a fighting type.

wat

I've played Pokemon since the beginning and never knew this.

From what I can tell it was added in the 6th gen. I only learned about it a couple months ago myself. It has made level grinding a fair bit easier.

That music is great.

Emo gentleman owl is certainly amusing.

Torracat looks pretty good all together, wonder what's up with the...bell?

Brionne is the cutest thing omg

Surprised, I don't really dislike any of the middle evolutions, though Brionne is easily my favorite of them.

The festival thing is fun looking.

omg you get a place where you can interact with your boxed Mons that's genius.

ayyyy Mega evolution, good.

lmao they actually call it Ash-Greninja

Also good, Ice Stone. That makes me feel better.

According to Serebii, that "bell" around Torracat's neck is a flame sac and produces hotter flames the more emotions go up. It just sounds like a bell when fire comes out.

nvm, got ninja'd by a couple seconds. 

-----

For now, sticking with original starter choice. (Apparently I get a pop star when it evolves)

From what I can tell it was added in the 6th gen. I only learned about it a couple months ago myself. It has made level grinding a fair bit easier.

Do you have to actively stop it evolving or would giving it an everstone have the same effect?

I'm cool with Torracat having a bell organ on its neck, kind of neat. Wonder what happens when you kick it...

Archived