Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THOSE MONKEYS ARE AWESOME

Passimian's confirmed for my Sun team and I'd be down for using Oranguru if I get Moon at some point.

Pikachu and Eevee's Z moves are hella fresh. Eevee's is straight-up animoo and I'm always hip for that. Pikachu's fits right in with all the other ham confirmed for this gen.

And customizable avatars coming back is a welcome relief. Looks like that'll be the new standard for future gens which I'm on board with.

Man Passimian is making me wanna go Sun instead of Moon ngl. Though I'm planning on getting both eventually, but still. Moon will be main one, and Sun will be nuzlocke.

Yeah I find nothing wrong with version-exclusive evos either for the same reasons stated. Just like getting version-exclusive 'mons.

Pikachu dance is adorbs and I'm for sure getting Pikachu now.

Eevee one is great too. Wondering if they'll edit it as Eevee gets more evos or if Z-moves will even be a thing in later gens.

The return of customization is probably one of the best news I've heard for this game.

Yeah, it's nice that we no longer have to wear a hat, so that helps. I didn't mind wearing one in XY (and for the duration of the generations I've even played the games), but would've appreciated being able to remove it at some point. Just hoping there's more clothing options aside from the stuff shown in trailers.

Then again, trainer customization is always nice as opposed to have to use the default avatar everyone else uses.

Don't think anyone mentioned this, but next batch of Sun/Moon stuff comes October 4th, 10:00 pm JST [GMT+9:00] (you guys can convert this to whatever time it'll be in your area).

Now that I think about it, isn't Eevee's Z-Move, like, the longest Z-Move in the game?

Also, regarding hatless trainers- Pretty sure specific hair styles will literally prevent you from having a hat. Why do I say this? Call it a hunch.

1. Looking at the animations, it does appear to be the longest thus far (will need to look at the previews again).

2. That's probably likely (especially if you decide to spike hair up, and that usually doesn't work well). 

Unsure I feel about a new Dragon move, doesn't seem we need it...Buuut I can't imagine Eggy using Dragon Claw so I suppose.

Also wondering. Oranguru (oh hey, Oran berry, hmm...inb4 it gets Heal Pulse. And yes I know, orangutan). The move instruct. Could it be used for set up moves? Cause that'd be interesting.

Anyway "team" thus far (or what I would if I were planning a specific team)

Rockruff

Salandit

Fomantis

Wishiwashi

Passimian

Whatever Starter makes most sense (Since I have a fire/grass/water type already)

Of course there's so many I really like in this gen so who knows how much this could change.

It'd feel weird for Exeggutor to be using Dragon Claw without any obvious claws, so I guess so. Can't really see another Dragon using it though, but it's possible. As for Instruct, Bulbapedia/Serebii says it can allow the target to use its last move, so I suppose it also means another shot at using setup.

Team-wise, for Alola 'mons only thus far.

• Popplio evo line (may change)
  • Lycanroc (Midday form; well, I'm stuck with it anyway so can't do much about that)
  • Jangmo-o (part of me feels wrong for typing mo'o with a hyphen as opposed to the 'okina/apostrophe, but meh.)
  • Passimian (hopefully it's fast and has a respectable Attack stat)
  • Mudsdale (yeah, keeping it here)
  • Vikavolt

List is subject to change with new reveals (I think next batch is somewhere in October; don't know if it was posted anywhere). I technically have more, but kinda hard to determine which ones I want on initial run (not counting anything else that I can catch in-game or import).

Archived