Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I really like that Oranguru. Telepathy, and the ability to have a mon use the same move twice. Eevee's Z-Move shows that there won't be an Eeveelution this gen. No surpise since's it's ever even gen, but getting sharply boosted in all 5 stats is nice.

However, SUPER disappointed that the Lycanrocs are version specific.

Eevee's Z-Move is actually cool. Also debunks the "THEY'LL JUST BE RESKINS" argument.

Wolves are confirmed to be VERSION EXCLUSIVE.

And even more customizability than XY/better? pokemon amie.

It also likely means judging by that, any rumors of an Eeveelution getting an Alola Form will be false, given they all looked as they usually do.

I do kind of wonder. If you were to recieve a Rockruff from Moon on your copy of Sun, would it still evolve the same? I mean I don't THINK we've had a Pokemon that has Evolutions dependent on the version, have we?

It also likely means judging by that, any rumors of an Eeveelution getting an Alola Form will be false, given they all looked as they usually do.

I do kind of wonder. If you were to recieve a Rockruff from Moon on your copy of Sun, would it still evolve the same? I mean I don't THINK we've had a Pokemon that has Evolutions dependent on the version, have we?

This is the first case of version specific evolutions.

Ok, the Rockruff evos being version-exclusive is unfortunate, but simple and easily remedied. I can work with that.

These Z-moves are just so fun. Eevee's not being an actual attack and instead of being a buff is interesting, when I was seeing all the Eeveelutions together with the beams I was thinking it'd be something like this:

I mean to be fair, that is expected, given we only get Eeveelutions in even numbered end, with Gen 1 being the exception because...well they had to start somewhere.

Though I do wonder if we'll get any Fossil Pokemon. I think the only Gen to not do so is Gen 2.

don't cite past trends

this game has broken most trends we have. No, it doens't look like we'll get an Eeveelution, but not for the reason you stated.

[spoiler=General thoughts]

• More monkey/ape Pokemon; this will be fun.
    • Passimian apparently gains the ability of a fainted ally Pokemon, so appears to be useful only for Doubles (or hopefully any fainted 'mon). Though, it does have its bad points if a 'mon with a bad ability gets KO'd.
    • Oranguru's abilities aren't amazing (well, I guess it can block Fake Outs / flinching); new move apparently is another Doubles thing and lets it attack. Oh wait, I take what I said about Telepathy back; it'll be nice for not taking damage from partner's attacks). But yeah, Singles isn't going to be much.
  • Lycanroc is a good English name for Rugarugan. Midday form isn't bad (though only Sand Rush is worth using anyway); Midnight form gets Vital Spirit (I guess that'll help to some extent against Spore or something). Both of them remain pure Rock.
    • Now to see what kind of stats they have, as we didn't get those.
    • Being version exclusive kind of sucks (I suppose I'm lucky that I'm getting Sun, but would've been nice to just be dependent on time of day). I just better make sure I find someone who's willing to give me a good level Midnight form (or I buy Moon as a side one).
  • Clothing options are okay-ish, but hey, least you can customize your clothes like in XY.
  • Pokemon Refresh looks like a rehashed Amie (or a feature that we didn't have in this generation [6])
  • Onto Pikachu and Eevee's Z-moves
    • Eevee's one is basically +2 to all stats (or Swords Dance / Iron Defense / Nasty Plot / Amnesia / Agility all at once). Cool, but will be a waste if it gets phazed.
    • Pikachu's one is okay.

---

HP stuff for Oranguru

Level 50 / 165 HP (about 90-100 HP depending on IVs; likely the former)

I'll go look for the Japanese one later, but yeah today's stuff was nice.

So I was looking up the Lycanroc flavour text, and found this:

"When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form."

So, the reason they evolve differently is because of the power of the version exclusive cover mon, rather than true day/night patterns.

I was VERY much planning to get Moon, but Lycanroc might change that. I just love his Midday form too much. Though I'm going to hold out hope that they aren't insane and that you can obtain the other version via SOME means in the one game. Having a Pokémon that's just "nope, gotta get this ONE version" is something they've never done and honestly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That being said, these lines from the website give me hope hat you just need the other face Pokémon to possibly get other forms

"When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form."

"When Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, it evolves into its Midnight Form. In the world of Pokémon Moon, Lunala’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form."

Oranguru and Passmian are both really cool designs.

Pikachu getting its own Z move is expected (though why would you ever give up Light Ball), and Eevee getting one too isn't surprising since it is one of the most popular Pokémon. Eevee's being a Stat buff is though and with access to Baton Pass this could actually have an interesting use.

Amie getting a new version is kind of a must since Eevee has an evolution tied to the system. Plus it is a cute extra thing.

So much Alola style. Going to be fun customizing my avatar.

Suppose I might actually have to buy both versions at once, if there are going to be other Pokes that evolve depending on version. (I've been considering it given the amount of Pokes I have from Gen 5/6 alone). But yeah, hopefully there will be other ways to get them regardless of version (i.e. just get the other version mascot); we shall see though.

Lycanroc's base HP is around 65-80 taking specs from the Japanese trailer.

----

Like I mentioned earlier, not as keen on the clothing choices in the video, but it's something (probably will be other outfits too). Female ones are nice; male ones, not so much (but probably expecting it to be somewhat similar to XY's stuff [or have as much], which is asking a bit).

PASSIMIAN. I. AM SCREAMING.

I can't even guys. It's too perfect. Doesn't look that amazing in battle but I don't know exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully it gets a hidden ability though.

Would be hilarious to use it along with Diggersby or something so then it gets Huge Power, or we could give it Parental Bond.

Accelerock looks great, and it's about time we got some nice Rock stuff.

Generic Slowpoke inc

[spoiler=Thoughts]

Not overly surprised Rockruff's evos are version exclusive tbph, I was kinda expecting this. Lycanroc is a cool name though

The new monkeys are interesting, and more double battle orientated if anything. Didn't register that the two of them are version exclusives on first glance for some reason.

Customisation returning and the options involved are going to be fun

Refresh is like Amie with new features, ofc we need something like this for Sylveon

No surprised Pikachu has its own Z-Move tbph (it won't be long before we see that in the anime) as for Eevee's, it's interesting to say the least, +2 in every stat.

Archived