Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I feel like labeling the captains as experts in a single type leads too much to the gym leader comparison. I can see that label as just being a way to show what the challenge they give you will be themed around how. In the end though, Pokemon is a game about battling, so to not have that be involved in some way just seems weird to me.

That's what the Totem Pokémon and Big Kahuna are for. Alongside Team Skull, which seem to be getting more focus than Flare did before release last gen.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what the Totem Pokémon and Big Kahuna are for. Alongside Team Skull, which seem to be getting more focus than Flare did before release last gen.

I suppose. Honestly, this is being done so differently that we can only speculate on how they might handle things. That is a pretty awesome thing to have be the case, especially since the franchise is now 20 years old.

Maybe they did it on purpose because of the leak, that'd be pretty trolly.

That isn't it. They also have an announcement around when CoroCoro leaks and that hasn't stopped them before. I think we were just expecting more than they were going to actually give.

Anyway, next bit of info comes on the 20th. The wait continues.

If it ends up being Rock/Dark that would make it the second one in the game right? T-Tar makes it work because T-Tar. Not sure if wolfy will be able to though since it really isn't a good type.

Last time I checked, yeah (since Tyranitar's the only one who has that typing so far). But yeah, if this comes true, we have to see what it'll be able to do that T-tar cannot do already.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be nowhere as good as Tyranitar mostly because Tyranitar is just pretty damn good.

I mean, they're obviously gonna fit different niches though. It's clearly neither a bulky Pokémon like Tyranitar, and it's clearly faster than Tyranitar which is slow as hell.

Yeah same thing people were saying about Alolan Raticate. It's new typing doesn't matter because it'd die to Fighting in one hit anyway.

Same could be true if it's Rock/Dark. But if its Attack and Speed stats are high enough, it won't matter. We already know it has a priority rock move, and it's not like you're gonna keep it in against a Breloom anyway.

Yeah same thing people were saying about Alolan Raticate. It's new typing doesn't matter because it'd die to Fighting in one hit anyway.

Same could be true if it's Rock/Dark. But if its Attack and Speed stats are high enough, it won't matter. We already know it has a priority rock move, and it's not like you're gonna keep it in against a Breloom anyway.

The priority move is exclusive to day form.

Actually, I think it was just stating that the day form gets AccelRock, and the night form gets Counter. Doesn't necessarily means its exclusive, or that nightrock doesn't have his own signature move.

It is weird that they'd highlight the day form getting a new move, but not show the night form also getting it or getting its own new move. Not to mention highlighting the fact that the night form gets counter doesn't really do much since the move is kind of crap.

More or less.

Also, it's been worked out how many Wishiwashi make up the Schooling form. With the base being 0.3 kg and schooling being 78.6 kg, mathematically that is exactly 262 Wishiwashi composing that form. So, when a Wishiwashi hollas for its bros, 261 of them come to its aid.

Also the Alolan Exeggutor is 35"9 in height.

Archived