Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just thought of this now..?

Yes, I thought back to an ace attorney countdown video and connected the dots. Think about it, it's like case 2 in Trials and Tribulations. We have a guy, Luke Atmey, who claims he is Masque deMasque, because he knows so much about him yet does so little about it.

That's basically what these Aether Foundation guys are: the UB's seeing as how they know so much about them.

I'm starting to think Gen 7 will be the black sheep of the family of main series games.

Yes, I thought back to an ace attorney countdown video and connected the dots. Think about it, it's like case 2 in Trials and Tribulations. We have a guy, Luke Atmey, who claims he is Masque deMasque, because he knows so much about him yet does so little about it.

That's basically what these Aether Foundation guys are: the UB's seeing as how they know so much about them.

I'm starting to think Gen 7 will be the black sheep of the family of main series games.

That's what tipped you off and not the fact that the UB have incredibly similar outlines to 2 people who all have evident connections to Aether?

Your brain is an interesting thing. 

Leaving this here because the joke is obvious:

253.png

Also I'm betting the day form will be stronger then the night form. Mainly because we all know everyone and there grandma will opt for the night form because it "looks cooler", so to compensate for this the day form will be the stronger of the two.

And because it would make sense, because the night form is probably a glass cannon while the day form is more well rounded- Plus, the day form basically has a signature move while the night form doesnt.

I mean, stealth rock damage + BB recoil + rough skin/iron barbs + Rocky helmet has a pretty damn high chance of killing anyway, so I'm not too terribly concerned, but if this Pokemon is good enough for OU it will be a pretty good check to bulky Talonflame, since that build uses a smaller speed investment.

I think I like the night evo better, I hope the way they worded it means it's not exclusive to Moon, but I guess with so many of us who are planning on getting the game, I don't think version exclusives will be much of an issue.

See, I don't know how it would work if this is version exclusive. We've never had an evolution do that. Even with trading, I'm unsure if we'd be able to get the other form if that ended up being the case. Think about it, if in Moon Rockruff evolves into the night form even if you trade me a Rockruff from Sun it still won't become the Day form. You could just trade me the day form, but I won't have control over nature, EVs, or IVs, not to mention I can't nickname it which is something a lot of people like to do. These are the issues I brought up before.

Leaving this here because the joke is obvious:

253.png

Also I'm betting the day form will be stronger then the night form. Mainly because we all know everyone and there grandma will opt for the night form because it "looks cooler", so to compensate for this the day form will be the stronger of the two.

And because it would make sense, because the night form is probably a glass cannon while the day form is more well rounded- Plus, the day form basically has a signature move while the night form doesnt.

I honestly think the day form looks way better. The more I look at it the more it becomes one of my favorite new Pokemon from the gen. Its just super clean and elegant.

I honestly think the day form looks way better. The more I look at it the more it becomes one of my favorite new Pokemon from the gen. Its just super clean and elegant.

Ironically I have a nickname or two for the night form- I'm planning on getting Sun, btw.

Also, wasn't the "warewolf pokemon"-thing one of the predictions on that list everyone thought was fake?

Anyway, I remember them saying that the 4 trial captains we've seen aren't all of them and that we have more. Am I crazy or was this actually said? Also, if they did they say that, did they say how many more we'll have?

Bulbanews stated so on their article covering the reveal of the trial captains. I dunno how much water that holds by now, but seeing as they're also avoiding revealing the rest of the kahunas and guardian deities, I'm still hopeful there's going to be more of them to be revealed.

On the subject of Phoebe: she may have some sort of connection to Alola, but you must all remember how she's often seen visiting Mt. Pyre to see her grandma (presumably the old lady guarding the Blue or Red Orb) in ORAS' postgame, so while she may possess Alolan ancestry, it's possible she wasn't born there, as her family appears to be firmly established in the Hoenn Region for at least a few generations.

Trial Captains: It may have been stated on an unofficial site, but I think the reason people assume there will be more captains comes from the confusion over whether the 4 trial captains are captains of the first island or they each have their own. The latter seems more likely, and Serebii seems to be taking that as the case.

Rockruff Evos Being Exclusive: I doubt it'll be "it doesn't matter what game you're playing, Rockruff caught/bred in Sun will always be daytime one, Moon will be midnight. Everything points to it being a time-of-day thing, and Serebii only points out that it is showing either be obtained in either game, not that they can only be obtained in either game. Basically, it's just implying that the 12 hour shift means that if 2 players with different versions evolve at the same time, one will be day form, one will be night.

Hopefully we can get both forms of whatever Rockruff's evos are named in English, regardless of version, but yeah the Day one having a priority move is cool. It'll be a pain in the ass if we have to ask someone in Moon to trade one. Probably will just be time-based, which is good enough. (It'll be awkward with Moon though, but yeah).

To be honest, I prefer the Day form's design; Night one is cool, but yeah I do think more could've be done to make it more unique.

We have the reveals tomorrow, so by then, we should find out more about how the evolutions work for both games among other things that we still have questions about (starter evos and if they will have Day/Night forms, trial captains/kahunas, Team Skull / Aether Foundation, etc.)

Garururock and Were-Garururock would suit me just fine assume they remain rock type. Which is likely. 

Does anyone else think the reason we've ot seen the second tier evo's for the starters yet is because even those are down two different form chains? So instead of it just being the final form that differs, it's both forms? 

I can't remember the X&Y timing especially well, but surely we would have seen second stage by now? 

Trial Captains: It may have been stated on an unofficial site, but I think the reason people assume there will be more captains comes from the confusion over whether the 4 trial captains are captains of the first island or they each have their own. The latter seems more likely, and Serebii seems to be taking that as the case.

Rockruff Evos Being Exclusive: I doubt it'll be "it doesn't matter what game you're playing, Rockruff caught/bred in Sun will always be daytime one, Moon will be midnight. Everything points to it being a time-of-day thing, and Serebii only points out that it is showing either be obtained in either game, not that they can only be obtained in either game. Basically, it's just implying that the 12 hour shift means that if 2 players with different versions evolve at the same time, one will be day form, one will be night.

Having all 4 be on the same island seems like a bit much. We'd still have 3 other islands needing captains and I imagine they'd want their to be a constant number on each. 4 on 1 leaves me to believe we'd have 16 total which while being really cool is also a LOT. My money is on 2 per island for 8 total. IE: These basically act like gym leaders.

Ok, that makes a ton of sense.

We have the reveals tomorrow, so by then, we should find out more about how the evolutions work for both games among other things that we still have questions about (starter evos and if they will have Day/Night forms, trial captains/kahunas, Team Skull / Aether Foundation, etc.)

I'm curious what other little bit we'll get from CoroCoro since the past reveals that have lined up with its release always had a little bit more than what we saw in the magazine.  

I can't remember the X&Y timing especially well, but surely we would have seen second stage by now?

I was wondering the same thing, so I actually checked this. We got them in the CoroCoro issue that came out in September. However this would put it 1 month before the games release, so I would expect the 2nd forms to be shown next month assuming they keep constant with what they did for XY.

Having all 4 be on the same island seems like a bit much. We'd still have 3 other islands needing captains and I imagine they'd want their to be a constant number on each. 4 on 1 leaves me to believe we'd have 16 total which while being really cool is also a LOT. My money is on 2 per island for 8 total. IE: These basically act like gym leaders.

I'm still pushing back against this idea because the rumors that have been right so far said no gyms and none of the trial leaders have shown any indication of battling. Fire guy is the only one of them that even has a Pokémon. I'd say it is 1 per island, but perhaps there's multiple trials per island run by the same trial captain, with differing numbers of trials depending on the island (I doubt the first island has more than one, and the island with the giant snow-covered mountain seems pretty big for just one.

I'm still pushing back against this idea because the rumors that have been right so far said no gyms and none of the trial leaders have shown any indication of battling. Fire guy is the only one of them that even has a Pokémon. I'd say it is 1 per island, but perhaps there's multiple trials per island run by the same trial captain, with differing numbers of trials depending on the island (I doubt the first island has more than one, and the island with the giant snow-covered mountain seems pretty big for just one.

I feel like labeling the captains as experts in a single type leads too much to the gym leader comparison. I can see that label as just being a way to show what the challenge they give you will be themed around how. In the end though, Pokemon is a game about battling, so to not have that be involved in some way just seems weird to me.

Archived