Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So someone brought something to my attention. 

Drampa might be a male only species.

The Japanese name has the informal term for "old man" in Japanese, and the Chinese word for "Dragon".

Drampa's name in every language except French and German follow the Old Man Dragon name.

The French one comes from the word for "elder" mixed with the English "Dragon.

German combines "Senior" with the Chinese "Dragon.

Don't worry; you just forgot about it. But yeah, Florges is purely female. 

As for Drampa being a male-only Poke, not going to be too bothered by it, but that technically means no egg moves. Given the naming, yeah, I'd agree that it's probably likely. Though, taking it with some salt until confirmation. (Might want to watch the preview trailers to see what gender it was, because I know one was shown fighting a Flygon). 

Following the theme, Aether is the fifth element according to the classical theory that Alchemy adheres to.

Also, Type: Null is a Chimera.

>This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.
>The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.
>The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.
>To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

Type: Null's definitely getting added to my team. A chimera Pokemon is awesome and I love its design. And I'm wondering if "Ultra Beasts" is just a legendary group name, like the Legendary Birds, or if it's something else.

Also, this game has Pokemon Snap. Officially the best main series Pokemon game ever.

New Team Skull member looks really cool, too. His hand glows with an awesome power!

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

....I have a bad feeling about that last line....

Archived