Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not digging through 94 pages, so apologies if I'm treading on something that has already been discussed.

That bird with the different forms for the different dances has potential as a mega-Scizor counter in its fire form, if it has access to flame charge or (less optimally) revelation dance, assuming it is physical. Switchin on the swords dance, copy the buff, tank a hit and OHKO with flame charge. Now it is at x2 atk and x1.5 spe, giving it a great chance at taking out another Pokemon.

Electric form could do similar things against DD gyarados with... wild charge I guess?

Woah, I hope those leaks aren't fake because they are looking cool, especially the "Minior" formes of Solrock and Lunatone, which thinking about it makes sense thematically since Minior resembles a star.

Grimer/Muk are more like sludge than contaminated water AFAIK, so them becoming clean mud (Ground-Type) makes sense. It they were water-based, they would have been Water/Poison since the beginning I guess.

Provided they are real, hopefully they will be the last Gen 1 Alola forms. No need to feed the crazy Gen 1'ers, or oversaturate the game with Alola Forms.. At least not all from the same region And I hope that the Water Arcanine is fake. That just....I love Arcaine but that....why? 

I'm taking every leak with enough salt to make the ocean seem drinkable. As for Mimikyu's moveset, I reckon that it'll have a mix of physical and special moves, but might be leaning towards high offences (one or the other) and bad defenses, hence its ability. I reckon it'll have a few support moves, or can at least learn a few via TMs/Tutors.

So what ,oves do you think Mimikyuu will have? I ask given....well.... I plan to use one, and its the only one I have decided on.

Not sure wether I'll go RobinHoot, El Tigre, or Fantiseal.

Maybe RobinHoot.

That would be copyright infringement from Nickelodeon, or Viacom since well, Adventures of Manny Rivera.

Official video of Pokémon news from the Nintendo Direct is up.

tl;dw

Dark/Normal-Type Alolan Ratata

Certain Pokemon have signature Z moves: Alolan Raichu has a move called Stoked Sparksurfer, Snorlax has its own signature Z move via event called Pulverizing Pancake.

That would be copyright infringement from Nickelodeon, or Viacom since well, Adventures of Manny Rivera.

Those are just codenames for them. I coined Fantiseal, I've heard Robin Hoot and El Tigre numerous times, including this thread.

1. We don't know those are even the real evolutions.

2. Why would they name it El Tigre if its in Hawaii?

3. You do realize that El Tigre literally just means "The Tiger" in Spanish, right? Plus I'm sure that they aren't the first to come up with something like that. That being said, all googling it does is bring up the show. Which was cancelled YEARS ago.

Also, I find it strange that there is indeed an Alola Ratata. Maybe the rumors I heard hold some water after all. I will admit though, as cool as that Snorlax is, I'm a bit disappointed. I was almost expecting a Mega Evolution or Alola Form when they started mentioning it.

EDIT- My bad. The video I posted yesterday didn't mention Ratata. I KNOW I heard it somewhere. Plus if we're getting Alola Ratata, Alola Raticate is very likely.

Dark Rattata looks kinda cool xD

But I wish it had been pure-Dark Type instead; Normal/Dark makes it x4 weak to Fighting while offering a STAB on Normal attacks, a boon that is not too great AFAIK, and immunity to Ghost attacks, which were already halved by the Dark typing...

Also I found funny how the trainer was standing over Snorlax's belly during the activation of the Z-Move.

I just watched the above video, and it wasn't there. I know I saw it during the Nintendo Direct....

Ninja'ed

EDIT- Bingo. This Pokémon was revealed in the September 1st Nintendo Direct. 

Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata’s main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Rattata have an excellent aptitude for sniffing out delicious fresh foods in Alola. They pay no attention to foods that aren’t fresh. Alolan Raticate serve as their boss.

Archived